Reviews for Lay Me Down to Sleep
Sailor Pluto chapter 1 . 6/10/2010
I liked it. Gray Fox sounded sooooo awesome!

You have no idea who I am and I won't say

But he's another lost hero.

One of my lost heroes.

One of my heroes still lives.

For how long.

I cannot determine.

As long as he chooses.

Until he might consider taking his own life.

Bloodshed can be painful

Being a soldier can be a wound

Our memories and bitter lives can be burdens and full of secrets.

A poem by someone you will never know.

My identity I will forever keep.

So don't worry about my darkness.

Worry about your own darkness.

Light will never shine on the lives of me and my hero.

We will hide in the darkness forever and for always.

His friend and my love and our other friends are destined to follow us into that same darkness.

SailorPluto

(You know you love me. Or hate me. Depends on who you really are.) I hope you liked my poem. Maybe its about my life or my darkness made up.
Jack chapter 1 . 12/13/2008
Interesting dialogue between the two. I've always thought of Gray Fox as the Qui-Gon to Snake's Obi-Wan, but that's just me.

One mistake, though: You've written this as though it takes place during the Cold War. 'Les Enfantes Terribles' was done in the early 70s, and Snake fought in Gulf War I. Other than that, an interesting story.
Pliskin1985 chapter 1 . 11/10/2008
Awesome story, i love the way that Gray Fox and Snake communicate (if that makes any sense).
YaoiSongstress07 chapter 1 . 10/21/2008
Beautifully written. But what else do I expect, coming from an esteemed author such as yourself? You're a supreme authority figure in this category. I loved the imagery this displays, and the interaction between Snake and the operative. You're a genius.
Selene Jeager chapter 1 . 10/10/2008
It so hard to find a good Snake and Gray Fox related story now-a-days. Good work. Please, please, please, write more. I love to concept and the wording was good and at the same time didn't put me to sleep and that's all I can ask for.
Kloudy Reignfall chapter 1 . 10/8/2008
Ah, I've really missed your stories. I knew it, and I've thought about it every so often since the last one I read, which was too long ago, but now I am strongly reminded.

I love your stories. Something about them, it's not easy to explain. I think it's because what you write is never simple, unlike what so many other people write. Often I get the feeling that there is a lot that you're not telling us, testing us to see if we can read just between the lines and figure it out ourselves. Sometimes I think the characters your write about are trying to figure it out as well. I like that. I like how it flows, the words you use, the stories you tell. I'm so glad to get to read something of yours again. Thank you. :)

Best wishes for your future writing!

-Eloarei
Chaotic Serenity chapter 1 . 10/4/2008
One of the things I like best about your work is the eye you have for detail. I always come away feeling as though I've come away with something more than I had when I started. I really love the interplay between Snake and Fox, the rookie and the soldier, and the human space they meet between. :) Very nicely done, and faved!
Marie Nomad chapter 1 . 10/4/2008
Very... interesting. Nice to see the interactions of Rookie Snake and Gray Fox.