Reviews for Backlit
Charmes Malheureux chapter 3 . 6/11/2009
These are lovely. (: I adore the fact that you chose to center them around sources of light - it's not just awesome, it's original! Character studies, however short, can get tedious because they tend to be repetitive. But you're shedding a new light (light! ha.) on things, which is great. And rare. They are poems, right? They're poetic, anyway. (: But I love how the writing in each one manages to somehow embody the character. Todd's is dark and longing; Johanna's is sad, delicate, dreamy; Lucy's is frantic and as you said, trippy. Keep them coming! I can't wait for Lovett's. (:
unamuerte chapter 3 . 6/1/2009
I think I said it before but I really love your poetry! I think 'trippy' is perfect for this poem, because, like you said, that's the Old Woman/Lucy! I was happy you updated so quickly too - there's so many good fics left unfinished because the author loses interest. Anyway, I'm curious to know how old you are, because this is really good stuff. I'm reading Emily Bronte's poems for my English essay, and I think you're as good as her. )
unamuerte chapter 2 . 5/29/2009
You really have a gift for words. I like this as much as the previous poem. )
unamuerte chapter 1 . 5/29/2009
I like this poem very much. It really captures the essence of sadness...and his disappointment in the world.
TheAlphaPokemonMistress chapter 2 . 12/9/2008
Ah yes. I was wondering where your stories were. They're very nice poems, dear. I'd like to see you do some more. The stories have a dark but sweet tone to them- comparable to chocolate that is somewhat bitter. You have great potential. I want to see more from you.

P.S. You're on my Favorite Authors List. :)

-Transformation Publishing
PeekabooFang chapter 2 . 11/23/2008
You have a great feel for the characters and their perspectives. Poor Sweeney. Poor Johanna. Great job!
auberjeanne chapter 2 . 11/13/2008
I like this poem, it really got into the mindset of Johanna!
BeBopALula chapter 2 . 11/1/2008
Still lovely. This is going on my favorites list.
Panic Switch chapter 1 . 10/8/2008
Wow, I love it! You should totally continue!

-animaluvr3
roberre chapter 1 . 10/8/2008
Wow.

That was really beautiful. I love the contrast, and the description of the monotony of his every day life, the insomnia and the nightmares. The complete depravity of his new existence as Todd compared to the fantasy world he lived in as Barker. Really really well done.
BeBopALula chapter 1 . 10/6/2008
Hate it? No, it's lovely. I like how you use specific details. Can't wait for more.
Barcavolio chapter 1 . 10/4/2008
It's very poetic and sad. Well-written though.
snowseal135 chapter 1 . 10/4/2008
Cool! Yeah, please continue!