Reviews for SG1 Best Intentions
Guest chapter 36 . 12/3/2014
Truly enjoyed this story! You are one of favorite authors on fanfiction, I'm ready to read another.
fantasyfan1764 chapter 1 . 5/24/2014
you have really got the characters down pat. especially teal'c
Guest chapter 36 . 2/2/2013
lol this was good until daniel was caught by Baal then it went weird
Guest chapter 28 . 2/2/2013
is this a slash or something? it didnt seem like it at first but now im wondering
ladygris chapter 36 . 5/13/2012
What a wonderful story! I should know better than to pick up something like this late at night. I spent way too many nights this week up late, reading when I should have been resting. But it was worth it.

I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Daniel's sarcophagus addiction brought back into play and used to control him. While he ultimately triumphed in the end, his struggle was almost epic. I never stopped to consider if it would be one of those addictions that just waited for him to use the sarcophagus just once. Seeing a Ba'al clone use it. . . .There is just something fitting about that, though the Ba'al clone received his just desserts in the end.

The whole Hostan story was wonderfully written, as well. The legends wove together, the bit about Forsner at the beginning of the story playing into the end of the story and tying it up nicely.

But I have to say my favorite scene was the heartbreaking one at Charlie O'Neill's grave, where Daniel shows Mitchell the small marker he has for Sha're. That aspect of Daniel's character-that he is a widower who buried his wife on a planet that no longer exists-is one that I don't often see in fanfic. While that wasn't the focus of this story, I did enjoy seeing it brought out when Cam tried to talk Daniel down and then, later, when Daniel finally allowed Cam the same level of friendship that he shared with Jack. I think that Daniel needs someone else to remember Sha're, just like Jack needed someone else to remember Charlie. The subtext between the men, the weight of what they'd been through and how they'd overcome and the scars that would stay with them forever, showed through the stilted conversation and Daniel's confession about his mistakes with Sha're.

Just a wonderfully fantastic story! Thank you for taking the time to write it!
Neosatsuma chapter 11 . 6/23/2011
Ah, accident-prone Siler, in the infirmary once again! I love his conversation with O'Neill. I like Dr. Lam, but it's great to see how tight-night the "original" characters are with each other.

Yet another great chapter! And I'm glad that I still have oodles left to read!
Rat chapter 35 . 11/18/2010
An awesome... LONG story! Thanks so much for sharing your stories, I have had a great time reading them!
uzumakisunspydr chapter 36 . 5/13/2010
Shock and awe. That was awsome! So awsome that I was almost late for work because I could'nt stop reading. Any Daniel fan should read this one.
ktebid chapter 36 . 5/11/2010
What a fascinating story. I was thoroughly engrossed from the beginning. The action sequences were well paced, the intrigue well developed and the team friendship in character. I thought you portrayed a very realistic and insightful story. Well done.
bourbon92 chapter 36 . 2/24/2010
I thoroughly enjoyed this story, it was easy to imagine the characters as if i were watching an episode on tv. OUTSTANDING work. (i also enjoyed Carters Matrix quote lol)Now i'm off to check out some of your other work, i hope you write another lengthy story like this one. keep up the excellent work.
hajimebassaidai chapter 6 . 1/7/2010
I like the way you create anticipation for the reader by giving a hint of what is to come with Dr Forsner even before he starts to show his true colours to the reader, building the tension for the reader higher as we see what he is doing (if not his aim & intentions) while Daniel and Dr Lam remain oblivious.
J. M. Mann chapter 36 . 10/18/2009
This Epilogue was fantastic. The humor came across loud and clear, and it was nice to see Daniel go toe-to-toe with the IOA as only Daniel can. Well done.
J. M. Mann chapter 35 . 10/18/2009
This story has really folded into itself nicely. It's a large tale, but you've done an excellent job of working the characters and action into a believable situation. I'm so glad that you brought Daniel relief and healing, and cemented Cam as the leader of SG-1. Your story helped me to appreciate him a bit more, and I'm looking forward to rewatching the later seasons from a new perspective.

Great job!
ClaMiAl chapter 36 . 10/10/2009
This is a great story! I had an absolutely great time reading it! You did a great job in capturing the characters, describing their actions, feelings, and thoughts so that they seem real and just how I'd expect them to be. The interaction between them was really very well done. The story was also well-thought out and always kept me guessing, never becoming predictable.

There were some things that I didn't like that much, though. None of them are really big issues, and they are just personal opinions and not something that is really wrong with this fic. The first one is about how long it takes the Odyssey to fly through the solar system at faster than light speed. I think it takes them much too long. Light needs about 7 minutes to travel from our sun to Earth, and we can assume that the inhabitable planets in that Fortunate Islands solar system are at a similar distance from their sun, since a planet has to be at a certain distance from the sun for life to be sustainable there. Now, with their spaceship they can fly at speeds faster than light, so it would take them less than 7 minutes to fly the distance from that Jaffa planet to the sun. Now, considering that fact, I can't believe that it would take them several hours to reach the other planets in that same solar system.

The next point is something of a pet peeve of mine. It's the usage of rank abbreviations (like Col. instead of Colonel). It sort of throws me out of the flow of the story, and when it's used in dialogue I can't help but imagine the characters saying "Col period" instead of the full rank. Apart from that it also gives me the impressions that the author was too lazy or wanted to save time, which is a bit off-putting.

The third issue I had with this fic was a formatting thing. The points of view switched often and without warning. I don't have anything against switching point of views, in fact I like it, because it allows me to see how the different characters see a situation and how they think of each other. However, the fact that it happened without warning, without any kind of visual distinction between the last paragraph from one character's point of view and the first paragraph of the next character's point of view, made it all a little bit disorienting and confusing.

What was also a bit confusing was the switching back and forth between past and present. While the snippets of the present did make me more and more curious about what had happened, it made reading the story once we got to the present a bit boring. I had already read those sometimes long parts of text, so reading them again, word for word, was repetitive. At the same time, I didn't want to skip them, because reading them after having read what had happened before might make some things make more sense, or might give more meaning to something that I hadn't quite got when I first read those snippets. In the end, I'd say that the anticipation I got out of getting those glimpses of the future were outweighed by the annoyance and boringness once I got to the part of the fic that took place i the present. I think that it would have been better not to have to glimpses of the future but to just have told the story and to have let the story develop uniformly, from beginning to end, from past to future.

Despite these points, though, I did really enjoy this fic. It's one of the first SG1 fics I've read so far that takes place after season 8. The reason for that is my dislike for what became of the series and of SG1 after O'Neill (and Hammond) left. This fic, though, had me enjoy Vala (who I usually do not like at all) and appreciate Mitchell (who usually doesn't rouse my interest at all). I loved the Daniel in this story, who went through delicious whumping but did not end up being the saviour or super-being that he often becomes in fics that start with characters theorizing about any powers he might still have from when he was ascended. While I'm not opposed to fics like that, the fact that this one was different, was surprising and refreshing. It kept me on my toes, because I never knew quite what to expect.

I'd say, all in all, this was a very good story, well-written, with no grammar, spelling, or other mistakes that I can remember and with great character descriptions and interactions. The plot was also nicely thought out and thought through, felt well-rounded and made sense. I had a great time reading it! Thank you very much for writing it and putting it out there!
Rac80 chapter 36 . 10/4/2009
lovely lovely story...ran into it a few days ago and had to finish it. good job and well done. :D