Reviews for Only Clones
Silverbird22 chapter 1 . 1/18
Impressed I am. Able to write entirly in Yoda speak, hard it is. Hmm
Many feels you brought up. Cried, I did.
Favorite this story, I shall hmmm.
Maleficent-darkgoodwitch2416 chapter 1 . 3/5/2015
I'm impressed that you were able to write the entire story in Yoda speak.
Darth Krande chapter 1 . 2/11/2015
Great loss Yoda in this fic senses.
Chester Teck chapter 1 . 6/2/2013
Well, I certainly must say, you sure *did* and not *tried*. An exceptional 'internal dialogue' piece, and I'm always fond of this sort of thing. The Yodaspeak is pretty much flawless, though I confess the surfeit of inversions threw me off a few times and compelled me to adopt a mental Frank Oz voice to continue. Wonder, though, if your Yoda knew about the clone squads that had disobeyed the order, like Ion Team in James Luceno's 'Dark Lord'; what might he have thought, *hmm*?
loonytunecrazy chapter 1 . 10/29/2012
Exlllcent and moving fic
Guest chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
Beautiful. It made me cry. Ever sense the Umbara arc, and I think a lot of people would agree with me, I saw the clones in a new light, almost how Yoda sees them now. Curious how the clones see themselves as little less than droids. You captured Yoda's personality perfectly. I give your story a 10 out of 10. This is one my all time favorite fanfics now. Now do a story about how Echo, Fives, Cody, and Rex react to 99's death in the episode "ARC Troopers" in the same sort of thoughtfulness Yoda had here.
time2read chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
You have said so much in so little words very impressed!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
Well done
Andromakhe chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
This was very sad and very much in character. I'm kind of interested in the clones, their view of themselves, and their interactions with the Jedi. The end was chilling with the Order 66 turning them into zombies. But this is well done and totally believable.
BrainBoyMKD chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
That was amazing. You did a great job with Yoda's speech but more importantly his thoughts. I loved how they were already dead before he had to kill them and how hard it was on him. This is a great story. Thank you for writing it.
Jenakin Ramsobi chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
This piece of yours…liked it, I did. Clever, your inverted speech was. Master Yoda, it did sound just like to me. But more than that, I did like. A powerful thing you have here, this short story. To give the clones a sense of identity…wise, it was, for Yoda to do that. Wise.

But the Emperor (or, at this point, call him Darth Sidious, should I?) had done a terrible thing, to give the secret Order 66. A vile, despicable thing, that was. The clones…all turn on their Jedi friends, they did.

Five Stars, I would give you. Yes. Hm.

~Jenakin "Sobi" Ramsobi~
Rye-bread chapter 1 . 8/30/2010
Are you aware of how powerful a metaphor and spiritual theme you've tapped into? I was stunned. This touches on how and when a human body is imbued with a soul

Palpatine is more than just a Sith Lord. He has done nothing less than the sin of Lucifer. He has precipated the fall of an entire race from grace-manufactured though that race might be.

C.S. Lewis mulls in various places of Screwtape Letters and Perelandra how the souls of animals-or in this case animate beings-might be weaned up to the level of rational spirits. This is fascinating philosophical conjecture.

These clones might've been capable of things like art-music-works of mercy. At the very least they were capable of friendship, as we see between Obi-wan and Cody. And Palpatine killed that with his damnable subconscious command as surely as a partial birth abortion kills a child even as it is being brought into the light.

Tolkien describes in the Silmarillion how Morgoth's greatest evil was to take the Elves and breed the race of Orks. They were deliberately twisted; intended for depravity. It's a great tragedy; like Smeagol coming within sight of redemption-and then falling back into the Gollum persona.

And you conveyed it-via the Yoda pidgin and all.
SueK chapter 1 . 9/17/2009
Very nicely done.
Nomde Ploom chapter 1 . 4/23/2009
I honestly thought that this would have just been silly but you've managed to pull this off admirably. I could actually hear Yoda's voice when I read this. I think the individuality of the clones is an interesting story point, which has been touched on a couple times in the Clone Wars cartoon. The clones suddenly becoming soulless is a bit of a stretch but no more than the premise that after a phone call from the emperor they turn on the Jedi that they've been fighting alongside for years. Good job.
Jedi Master Misty Sman-Esay chapter 1 . 3/30/2009
Sad.

To quote someone: They were only following orders.