Reviews for Thy Name Is
LunaArcelEolia chapter 1 . 12/6/2008
Wow the story is good.

I never think that mary has a dark side in her. I always think that she's the sweet, polite, n shy girl. U proved me wrong XD.

Althought it just fanfic

i think if mary is real person she will just like in ur fanfic if she get the same problem.

Poor mary. I feel sorry for her pain. I guess it's not anyone fault thought. Not mary, not gray, or even claire.

Please continue. Sorry if it's too long. I can't hold myself to tell u my opinion xp
CalypsoTea chapter 1 . 11/4/2008
What a clever idea for a story; it's so interesting! I really liked the characterizations and you really tied the name meanings with the overall theme.

Poor Mary... It's a bit of a shame you didn't use her other name meaning of "Beloved" (if using the Egyptian etymology). The story would've turned out quite differently. _~

A great job, in any case, and I hope that you continue the series! _
MikariStar chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
I really liked how you use the meanings of the names to make a story. This is a somewhat unusual way to characterize Mary, but it made the story interesting.
Ninny-na chapter 1 . 10/4/2008
Woah.

Poor Mary.

D:

xD Karen, pure. Pfft.

But, do Karen. :D

... Not THAT way.
rupin chapter 1 . 10/4/2008
wow. i love it. the way you wrote it was awesome.

you made mary's personality stand out really well, along with claire's. and it's really ironic (i think...) how the meanings of their names match up.

anyway, can't wait for the next chapter. i vote for writing about karen, but writing about celia would be cool too.
high improbability chapter 1 . 10/4/2008
I suggest you go for Karen (because pure doesn't exactly fit her...) :)

Great job!
The Scarlet Sky chapter 1 . 10/4/2008
Oh, don't be silly, MistressLeia. Grary lovers and Graire lovers ought to be mature and just read whatever. See, I enjoy both. I have never, ever, bashed a Graire fic based on pairing. Not once. I have been bashed myself for canon goodness, but eh, turn the other cheek and all that. :D

So it's a nice, short piece, and it's got some pretty flowy language that's pleasant to read as well. It'll be interesting to see how you portray all the girls in the end. Interestingly enough, I've looked up names of HM girls too, and Celia's always interested me. 'Blind one.' (Mary being bitter is something I can see, as well, but I jump between making her happy and making her wistful, myself) I do warn you, though: if you do Muffy, her name gets Muffin. I'm not even kidding you.

So happy writing, and remember one thing about pairing fangirls: our bark is worse than our bite! So don't worry, okay? Anyone who flames for your pairing is just wasting both your time and theirs. Which, of course, is silliness.
Authors Note1 chapter 1 . 10/4/2008
I recall a similar story to this.

But, I am a very big Grary fan.

I feel very strongly when Mary is the 'bad-guy.'

But, hey!

That's a GOOD thing.

A good writer's goal is to make the reader feel something.

Mission accomplished.

I don't even know WHY I like Mary so much.

I guess I Just like the 'nerdy-shy' people.

Which is weird because I'm neither...

Wow this is long.