Reviews for Summation
gemhornet chapter 1 . 1/28
Excellent story with terrific insights. Very well written and a great read.
WeirdLittleStories chapter 1 . 6/23/2015
McCoy isn't usually my favorite character, but I love the wisdom and insight you have him show here.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/31/2015
Very good story. Where are the other stories in the Officer series? All of the ones on are also here - and the link that site says has more stories, no longer is available post-2014 thanks to Verizon. So, where now? Can you scan them into this site? Thanks.
bexxe chapter 1 . 3/19/2015
Excellent. I hadn't considered how hard it must have been for Kirk to know that Spock could take ship so easily. Very good psychological profile.
scwusa chapter 1 . 5/10/2013
Great story am re reading all your stories. I really enjoy everything you have written.
Gwen Kathleen chapter 1 . 7/18/2009
Loved it! Never a disappointment!
Mariole chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
I love your sensible McCoy. You really do put him in some wonderful scenes and situations. I'm glad to see this scene imagined out. Obviously our boys had to go through this before they could get back to work. Thanks for posting.
The Buzz chapter 1 . 5/11/2009
This is an amazing story! And while I don't really have anything more profound to say in this review, I just want you to know how much I enjoyed it.
cobalt-blue chapter 1 . 11/28/2008
Some very good points in this story. I wonder if you've seen "In Harm's Way?" If not, check it out. It deals with the Kirk/Spock/Pike triangle quite well. Since it's the first episode of the New Voyages/Phase 2 series, the acting is a little rough, but not the story telling. (Both get extremely better with time)

If not, here it is: /episode_

Danny
n9voc chapter 1 . 10/20/2008
An excellent compliment to the episode. Kirk was emotionally "married" to the Enterprise, and was feeling VERY betrayed by Spock's loyalty to Capt. Pike as well as hurt because his "Lady" was wrested from him. This is a wonderful piece showing how Kirk decided to "work through" the hurt, because he felt Spock was WORTH it! I loved it.

Another recommended read!

'nuff said
Darkover chapter 1 . 10/19/2008
This was superbly written. While it seems to me that McCoy was just a little too empathetic and understanding, that is just my perspective. Somebody had to spell the emotional issues out to Kirk, and the good Doctor usually did fill that role. Kirk and Spock were both very much in-character. Thank you for writing and posting this!
jedi71 chapter 1 . 10/8/2008
I think you hit that right on the head cause when you view the episode you get the feeling that Kirks hurt emotionally nevermind his ship has been taken over. Thank you for another great read. 7one
lucidscreamer chapter 1 . 10/7/2008
This makes a nice tag to the episode. I like the understated tension, and the characterizations seem spot-on. Nice story.
scrimshaw chapter 1 . 10/5/2008
I have meant to go back and review all your stories (which I heartily enjoy), so I'll start with this one and work my way back. This story rang so true to the best of Star Trek, and felt completely in character without devolving into the weird sterotypical parody certain episodes occasionally resorted to. Your examination of the entire Pike incident was well-thought out, between Kirk and Spock, and fit well with your other stories about the Pike years. McCoy especially rang true as the mediator (though it was unusual for there to be no passing insults regarding Spock's biology!) Thanks for another thought-provoking ST piece.
AAmuse chapter 1 . 10/5/2008
I’m no one, of course, to put a praise for any of your work, and I know it, but since I’ve read that anyway... Thank you for posting it here and thanks to your friend for making it possible. It’s stories like that that return to us the true meaning of the word ‘professional.’ And it’s more rare than should be possible, when ‘professional’ and ‘not dry’ can meet in the same story, like in this thrillingly endearing sketch.

LLAP