Reviews for Of Letters and Numbers
Demented Inu chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
Strange that I've had this favorited and am only now, upon re-reading it, getting around to reviewing. This is quite a brilliant piece; the OC in it is believable, unlike most Death Note OCs I've come across. I adore Matt's loyalty and adoration for Mello, yet the love is still twisted - loving Mello more than he loves himself... that's quite the feat.

Brilliant work. As stated before, the last line is really the best. Absolutely heartbreaking... keep it up. 3
Kanki Youji chapter 1 . 10/5/2008
As always, wonderful and sad. Last line is the best of them, especially since me an' my Light-kun have been 'alphabatizing' lately... (It goes LCDEFGHIJKM2NOPQRSTUVWXYZL because L comes before all things and ends after... I hate to ahve to take the M2 away...)
jesusofsuburbia2o2o chapter 1 . 10/5/2008
So that's how Matt REALLY died... DX

Well I like it. It's a nice short oneshot!

Audi
HIKA chapter 1 . 10/5/2008
Am I Six? xD
C Elise chapter 1 . 10/5/2008
good story
WithABunny chapter 1 . 10/5/2008
When I read that OCs were involved, and in pairings with canon characters, I almost fainted. Well, okay, not really, but I think you get the point.

My sentiment was this: "Did she know what she was doing?"

Before I finished reading the story, I received my answer, which, as it turned out, was a yes. A big, booming yes. I don't think I've read another fic with such good OCs, and seeing as they're even paired up with Mello and Matt, beloved members of the series, that is quite the accomplishment.

Matt is more than a mindless, indifferent slave to Mello, and Near's scene was a gem. You and Contemptus are made of epic win. Really.

"And somewhere miles away a number mourned as the alphabet lost another letter."

I don't think this could've been ended better.

Now, as for this RP you mentioned...I've read LxL and LightxLight, but NearxNear? How interesting. I've never run into that one before, I'm curious now.