Reviews for Long Shadows Cast
UnguidedLight chapter 16 . 4/15/2013
Awesome :P
ivo1617 chapter 16 . 1/19/2012
Alti makes an interesting point. The god Xena is related to does not have to be male. There is always a chance that she was adopted. There is no way for Xena to know for sure unless someone tells her.

This was a great way to end a story, with a big fight. And Alti even gives us something to look forward to by showing Xena those visions.

Overall this was an interesting story and it leaves me looking forward to the next one since Xena's godly parent has not been revealed. However, I am still down on Gabrielle for not standing up for Xena more.
ivo1617 chapter 15 . 1/19/2012
Did Gabrielle actually promote two people who tried attacking Xena earlier in the story? Those two names seemed familiar.

It was nice to see Gabrielle finally show some initiative and ask to go with Xena, but going to the spirit world was out of the question. I am not sure about Xena's decision to go to the spirit world while her body is away from everyone. If Alti starts getting the best of her, no one will be around to wake her up.
ivo1617 chapter 13 . 1/18/2012
It seems that Gabrielle failure to deal with the Velasca people has even worse consequences than I imagined. From attacking Xena to undermining her at every opportunity, it is clear that they have been against her from the get go.

I know that in recent chapters Gabrielle has not been as good to Xena as she usually is, but Xena still has to fill the role of hero and leaving Gabrielle and everyone else behind with Alti in the village is terrible judgment on Xena's part. Even if those rogue Amazons did not arrive, Alti could still end up doing something bad in Xena's absence.

Now would be a very good time for Xena to show up. Heck, Herc randomly reappearing would be nice too. Gabby and the Amazons loyal to her can't afford to be picky right now.
ivo1617 chapter 12 . 1/18/2012
Gabrielle has gotten herself into a real mess here. I can't blame her for not telling Xena she was a demigod since other things came up. But what in the world would she know about that fight between Epinon and Solari?

It seems that Alti's plan involves driving everyone in the Amazon village apart. Technically if everyone goes her own way, they would not be in an organized society so there would be no more Amazons. Maybe this is Alti's plan, but is there a second part? Either way Gabrielle it seems that Gabrielle will get a chance to display her leadership skills in order to get out of this. Since this is an Amazon matter, Xena cab only do so much.

But Xena has her own big problem. She's definitely not using her best judgment if she is asking Ares if he is her father. He will probably find some sleazy way to use this to his advantage.
ivo1617 chapter 11 . 1/18/2012
They call her queen, but I am beginning to wonder if Gabrielle is really in charge of the Amazon village. Xena is clearly being ostracized in the last two chapters and Gabrielle has not put her foot down. I have to give Gabby credit for being very supportive of Xena privately, but she has to stand up for her more in public.

It seems that Gabrielle's lack of assertiveness has caught up with her. She has yet to do anything about the Velasca people despite their attacks on Xena. It's clear that they will take each and every chance to stand against her even if it means siding with someone like Alti. Now on top of everything, Gabrielle might be challenged for her spot as queen and the challenger will not have to face Xena. I am still wondering if anyone would dare make a challenge if they had to face Xena.

Of course all this could be a plan from Alti to cause some division within the village so she could get what she wants, whatever that is. I am still can't figure out why Alti is hanging out with Amazons.
ivo1617 chapter 10 . 1/18/2012
This chapter gave me the impression that Gabby lacks in self confidence. First she is trying to look regal for total strangers (who cares what total strangers think?) and she is even putting emphasis on the word queen like someone would not believe her. Also at the end of the chapter she folded under peer pressure and picked a new champion. This might break Xena's heart - it might make her feel unwanted and unappreciated. In addition to that, Gabby could now face a challenge or two for her crown (or mask) since the challenger will not be fighting Xena.

You had a nice, simple resolution to Gabrielle learning about Xena's run in with the Northern Amazons. (Things do not have to be complicated.) Gabrielle has been known to say how Xena's past does not matter to her so it is nice to see that she actually meant it. I have read several stories dealing with Gabrielle learning about the events from the flashbacks in Adventures in the Sin Trade and I am beginning to wonder how she would not know of them. Surely an Amazon queen is going to know about such a major event in the history of her people. Also bards tend to know about bloody battles.
ivo1617 chapter 9 . 1/18/2012
This has to be one of the most interesting chapters I have ever read. Not one but two big surprises.

I suppose that Alti had to show up since this story is set soon after season three and villains have a way of turning up. Why would she go to an Amazon village though? And why are those girls traveling with her? Wasn't Alti supposed to be an enemy of the Amazons? Lots of things to consider with her appearance.

Well maybe Xena being a demigod is not that much of a surprise either. She is basically able to accomplish the same things Hercules has and she even displays the occasional bit of superhuman strength. Now the big question is which god is Xena's father? With everything Xena, the first god that comes to mind would be Ares, but that would be creepy. Something else that might make things awkward is that Xena is related to Herc since all the gods are related to each other.

But this is only half of the mystery since Xena does not appear to know that she is a demigod. If she did, then she probably would have mentioned it to Gabrielle. It is also surprising that Xena did not know that people were not supposed to see that temple - Xena seems to know about everything.

Speaking of Herc, he still seems to be a good influence on Xena.
ivo1617 chapter 5 . 1/13/2012
I am sorry, but this story is not for me.
ivo1617 chapter 4 . 1/13/2012
Ares has a lot of nerve showing up. Luckily for him Xena cannot kill him using normal weapons and he's taking full advantage of that. It seems that Ares' plans are getting more and more complicated. After this chapter I have a feeling that it was not Ares' intention to switch Xena over to the dark side by having her drink from that chalice in the last story. It seems that he wanted Gabrielle to get hurt somehow and then Ares would try to use that to his advantage in order to bait Xena into doing his bidding. By the way, how did Ares escape from those chains?
ivo1617 chapter 3 . 1/13/2012
Gabrielle is so adorable in your story - always thinking of others. This is probably what I remember the most about Gabrielle from the show so you have done a great job portraying her as a character. (I probably should have said this earlier.)

Xena definitely seems to be more sensitive than usual. It's not like her to talk about her emotions so much.

I have the feeling that Gabrielle might have to deal with Lindos regardless. Villains just keep coming at you until they are dealt with.
ivo1617 chapter 2 . 1/12/2012
Well trouble has managed to find Xena pretty fast. This is actually a serious situation since someone (who was not among the attackers) was hurt. Generally four hot-headed Amazons should be mere exercise for Xena, but accidents happen only once.

You have done a good job finding a challenge for Gabrielle to overcome that does not necessarily involve fighting. This is the second time that Xena has been attacked and it seems that in both cases she did not really injure her attackers. Therefore, it will be up to Gabrielle, as the queen, to deal with those disturbances. I am actually beginning to wonder if Gabrielle is good at being a queen. She and Xena have been living with the Amazons for a couple of months now so Gabrielle has had time to address them. On the other hand, Xena has tried to keep herself so maybe I should judge Gabby's leadership skills based on what happens AFTER this chapter.

It seems that Gabrielle still has plenty of her own problems. There is no telling how long her fear (or reluctance) of sex will last. She will never forget what happened to her after she was captured. There is also the deeper issue of Gabrielle thinking that she is undesirable. Serious issues like this don't just disappear so she still might be dealing with this after becoming a mother. At least she is getting along better with Xena so Xena is not having any thoughts about leaving Gabby for her own good.

OMG, Xena actually lost at something! The end of the world must be upon our heroes.
ivo1617 chapter 1 . 1/12/2012
I liked how you picked up right where you left off in your previous story. It seems that Gabrielle has recovered from her experiences in the last story for the most part. However, that hand injury is significant. If Gabby can't fight with her staff, Xena might be a hero without a sidekick.

What I did not like about this chapter was that it does not give any clues what will happen during the rest of the story. There was no mention of any villains Xena and Gabby might have to deal with or any adventures they might go on.
Lientjuhh chapter 16 . 7/4/2011
I loved it.. well written.. Quite a few twists.. :) Well done.. :)
lemonelephant chapter 8 . 1/26/2011
I will never stop rereading this story as long as it's up!
54 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »