Reviews for Acceptance
jwarden chapter 47 . 1/11/2014
Re-read your story and I choose the ending with Steph dying. It's kind of symbolic that both her and Ranger died. I have to believe that Ranger actually loved Steph but with all that he did for the government and stuff that he had to make himself into what he was.
carrotmusic chapter 46 . 5/25/2013
I didn't think I could read 47 chapters of Ranger being a creep and a bad guy, but I am glad I persevered. This is an amazing story - so convincing and rich in detail and character. I hope you are not writing from personal experience of events like this, although some of the author notes make me think that could be so. Thanks for sharing and take care.
Bgrgrmpy chapter 6 . 4/5/2013
Gee if diane finds out he left her for another womsn itb won't be .
Wonder which of the guys is going to get punched,called to the mats or fired?
bgrgrmpy chapter 5 . 4/5/2013
Wonder what happened w steh's vest?
bgrgrmpy chapter 4 . 4/5/2013
Oh I hope that stinker Ranger suffers big time the big sissy!
bgrgrmpy chapter 3 . 4/5/2013
Omg...he is a delusionĂ l ice man. Did he stop to think how he would feel if he lost his to tell steph he met someone else.
bgrgrmpy chapter 2 . 4/5/2013
Ok he seriously needs to see a therapist!
bgrgrmpy chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
Poor Steph. I thought for sure she was going to sneak out.I wouldn't blame her.
Tammy chapter 5 . 3/22/2013
This story is sad I been crying sense the first chapter, jeezz
Oosh1978 chapter 47 . 12/7/2012
WOW! I really hate this version of Ranger. I think he must have had a brain tumor or something like that to account for the drastic personality change he had. I am usually a diehard Babe, but have always thought that Steph could have a wonderful relationship with any of the Merry Men. They would all let her fly. The Vince character was really well written here, and I just live their story togethr. However, I do not like the second, angsty ending.
Shastter chapter 47 . 8/19/2012
This is a fantastic story! I like the first ending best, but i cant help but like the second ending with the emotion and tension. im not one to cry at all and the second ending was very moving! Very good story well done.

Shaz3
carrotmusic chapter 47 . 6/28/2012
Wow! That was one amazing story. You have a tremendous imagination, and it was incredible what you did with this cast of characters. You must have done a fair bit of research (or have insider knowledge?) to get the military stuff right (or realistic enough to convince me). Thanks for sharing!
Vulcan Rider chapter 47 . 9/5/2011
This was the difficult review to write. It was devastating losing Stephanie. You made me fall in love with Vince (and all the guys, of course) and seeing him so destroyed was heartbreaking. It is sad, though, how many women DO actually die like this.

Two years ago, my niece, who works in an operating room, had to leave a surgical procedure because of pre-eclampsia. The doctors and nurses around her, when she started to pass out, took care of her and she was about to stroke out. They called for help and got someone to call her family, then she went straight for an emergency C-Section. She was closer to term, so it wasn't quite as dangerous for the baby, although he was still very premature, but she was very ill for quite some time and it took quite a while for her to be out of danger, even after delivery.

Reading this story really touched me. You developed the characters so beautifully, and really showed each of them helping Steph get past losing Ranger, then get strong and trained, then helping her through almost dying from the bullet. The way you built the romance between Steph and Vince was perfect. For a while, though, I wondered where her parents and family were during all this. We seem to always have to be reading so much about them in all the stories, but it was nice not to have the distraction of the Plum Family Circus for once.

It was just devastating, though, at the end, for Vince to lose Stephanie. For all the guys to lose her. It was so great how all the guys pulled together to help Vince through the loss, and to be there for his and Steph's son.

Great story, BOTH versions, even though I preferred the happier version.

You really involve the reader in the story.

Thanks so much for sharing your amazing talent with us.

Maggie
Vulcan Rider chapter 46 . 9/5/2011
I read both endings and will review both. This entire story was awesome. Your writing was so descriptive and really pulls the reader into the story.

In the beginning, even though Ranger seemed so cold toward Stephanie, it almost seemed as though he didn't know how to break the structured, unemotional military mindset that kept him alive for over a decade, in order to allow himself to love her and show it. It seemed that he was so mentally and emotionally tortured in the beginning, feeling guilty because he couldn't give her what she needed, that it was on the edge of destroying him. So, what could he do? Destroy any chance he had with her and leave, letting her know he was going to be with another woman. But, he couldn't handle it when she actually moved on...and with one of his men.

I know this is just a fictional story, but the characters we all know and love represent many people in life. This portrayal of one; a great soldier, an elite Army Ranger who evidently had a psychotic break and became everything he fought against, is so very sad. I guess it's the mark of a story well written that we can relate it to those who have lived through the kinds of experiences and traumas the characters did.

The ending with Stephanie and the baby making it through was my personal favorite. It hurts too bad thinking of our favorite heroine dying after finally finding true love, not to mention leaving a baby. I loved the way you wrote all the big, strong, sexy guys doting on the little baby, and on Steph. Ranger's funeral was so sad, when Steph went up there, because she had to be tormented trying to understand what would have led him to change so drastically, especially after being such a hero to not only the country, but to her and so many people.

You did an exceptional job on the entire story. I tend to prefer the happier endings, but usually read both. Great work. Thanks so much for sharing all your time, effort and amazing talent with us.

Maggie
Kim's Mum chapter 46 . 8/20/2011
I just found this story yesterday, and after a very late night I finished it off today. This is such a wonderful story which is good enough to be published. I enjoyed the evil Ranger, a more selfish character than he appears int he books, but he is probably just as capable of behaving this way if a real character.

The only thing I wonder about and wish you had explored why he changed, stress of war?