Reviews for If Love Was Enough
klipdoctor chapter 16 . 3/16/2020
Really enjoyed this story. Well weighted, well written and believable. Thanks.
tasteywheat chapter 16 . 8/17/2016
It's been a long time since you wrote this, so I have no idea if you're even still reading these reviews, but I really liked this, it was sweet with just enough angst. Very well written season 1 AU, I especially liked how you switched back and forth between character perspectives. Would have liked to see the ending drawn out a bit more, but all in all, this was a very solid story.
baldcoder chapter 16 . 4/29/2016
Nice story! Well done.
knightrid3r chapter 15 . 7/24/2015
Entertaining story and very well written. But I did not like the fact that this was yet another story where Sarah leaves and goes off to have sex with the scum of the earth while Chuck pines over her for a ridiculously long time (2 years here), and doesn't seem to even try to date.

The mission you had Sarah whore herself out could have been accomplished other ways that made more sense. Your telling me that it makes more sense for an agent to sleep with a mark and wait till they are asleep (in the room) to get the information rather than break into the room while no one is there? Going this route just hurts the Sarah character even more than she already has been.

I realize that authors use this situation to up the angst but more often than not it doesn't make sense in the situation the characters are in. And at least have Chuck attempting to move on, especially if Sarah says she is not coming back.

Anyway those are my thoughts. Still enjoyed the story though.
knightrid3r chapter 6 . 7/24/2015
Wow 47 days and she's already sleeping with scumbags. Definitely rooting for Chuck to find someone else.
michaelfmx chapter 16 . 7/11/2015
Raed this a while ago and then decided I should review so I read it again. I know that this story is angsty and the, when you think you are home free, it hits again. However the payoff is great. If you are a reader, it is worth your time.
Molotov chapter 16 . 10/10/2014
Adorbs.

Dark and sad and sweet and loving.

Frustrating, but then, a Season One Sarah Walker is a terribly conflicted person.
phathead01 chapter 16 . 8/12/2014
EXCELLENT! THANKS FOR WRITING
wilf21 chapter 16 . 2/3/2014
Such a lovely story, beautifully written. Both heartbreaking and, ultimately, uplifting.
Steampunk.Chuckster chapter 16 . 5/9/2013
This gave me so much heart ache and then you healed that heart ache and I just want to eat marshmallows or something else happifying because I'm so happy now.

Thanks for the sweet ending.

This was a REALLY well done story. Solid. Invigorating. Heartbreaking. Beautiful.

Thanks for sharing with us!
Lazielow chapter 16 . 1/2/2011
Awesome job ! XP
salamander chapter 16 . 8/3/2009
sweet but ya messed up chucks line he always refers himself as a nerd not geek...jus sayin anyways loved the story
Czernobog chapter 1 . 6/14/2009
Read this a while ago. Wonderful story, although one part does strike me as odd. Wouldn't Chuck say "I think you've just made me the happiest 'nerd' in L.A."?

Doesn't really matter, but when you're rereading a story at 4 in the morning sometimes your mind focuses on little things like that instead of just appreciating the great story you've just read.

Maybe you did it on purpose, to set yourself apart from the other people who write Chuck that way. Maybe you just like the word "geek" more than "nerd". Maybe you meant to write "greek", and just forgot a letter.

Whatever.

It does in no way take away from the story though. Fantastic, especially the part when Sarah takes a little time just to decompress, away from everything. Made perfect sense although it seemed a little cold that she did it without warning. Completely understandable though.

Kind of rambling here..

Did you purposefully not tag it as "complete", just in case you ever wanted to add anything to it? I remember wondering that after I read it the first time..

I wrote a lot more than I intended to.

Summary: Great stuff. ]
Czernobog chapter 16 . 6/14/2009

Whatever.

Kind of rambling here..

I wrote a lot more than I intended to.

Summary: Great stuff. ]