Reviews for Nobility and Discernment
AHealingRenaissance chapter 6 . 10/7/2008
Wow! I would love for someone like him to pursue me :D
MayGirl85 chapter 6 . 10/6/2008
This chapter was pretty good. With regard to some constructive criticism is that anyone reading P&P fanfiction already knows what Darcy wrote to her in his original letter, so instead of writing it out word for word it could be said that "Upon reading the letter, Elizabeth was thoroughly disturbed by its contents. Though Mr Darcy did not name the young lady importuned by Mr Wickham's deceit, she felt that it must most certainly be someone of near acquaintance to Mr Darcy for him to be so involved in such a horrid happenstance". And so in 2 sentences, it says everything several paragraphs did. The only other thing is that your paragraphs can get a little long. The issue with this is that it becomes difficult to hold your reading position between several lines of text.

The things that stand out in your work are the facts that I like your writing - it is in keeping with the style of the time. The characters in this chapter appear to align with their representation in the book and on the whole I like your plot and where you are taking it.

I will also go back through your other chapters and leave some comments to help you improve your writing style. Which of course you will. Since I started writing I have vastly improved, though I still have a fair way to go. My first stories were awkward and written in a bit of an amateur fashion. As I go on though I find my skills have improved. I would like to say that most of my improvement has been through reading stories that are very well written and looking at how the author wrote it, for example looking at the detail in the story, the level of dialogue, how quickly the plot moves along etc. Its helped me a lot and if you go to my profile and have a look at my favourites for P&P they could be a good example for you. I only put on my favourites completed stories that are well written or make me laugh despite the crappy writing. :o)

Cheers Sarah.
Lucy65 chapter 5 . 10/6/2008
I like this story. I am enjoying Lizzy's surprise at Mr. Darcy's kindness. Good job!
Laurie1 chapter 5 . 10/6/2008
What a lovely story. Based on the first five chapters, I think you've studied the characters well, and sketched very plausible reactions to the changed circumstances. Will Elizabeth consult Darcy about a physician for Mr Bennet, I wonder?
AHealingRenaissance chapter 3 . 10/6/2008
Wow! This is really really good :D
MAB35 chapter 2 . 10/5/2008
Wonderful beginning! More, please.
141 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10