Reviews for En ese Escape de Fuego
Anon chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
Wow! This is awesome. You captured the characters' personalities perfectly. And you're an amazing author! I love this x
SecretlyMinnieMouse chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
! :D this was so cute! :3 I love how you potrayed Nina and Benny, because its so like them! Very good job fellow broadway nerd! :D
K00K chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
Benny and Nina are my favorite pairing in In the Heights. Just throwing that out there. I like them much better than Vanessa and Usnavi, probably because I'm not fond of Vanessa.

But that doesn't really have anything to do with this awesomely-written story you have here. It's sweet, and I love that. Benny's a generally sweet character. Each character, actually, is captured close to perfectly. Sonny being an annoying but somehow charming jerk, Usnavi with his general nice-guy attitude, and Nina striving to be better. Well, no. Not better, per say. Just perfect.

Happy Writing!

K00K
Beatrice Benedick chapter 1 . 11/20/2009
May I say that this is a nicely written story. I like the way the words flow and you just get transported to those steps of the Firescape to see the young kids struggle their own "big problems" of their young age. Benny always more mature for his own age who obviously has a crush to that overachiever girl who's crying over a C- while still wanting to pursue her own dreams. I have recently become a fan of In the Heights. I think you captured those subtle things that make those chracters memorable, even though they are no different than normal people from every neighborhood.

I really like the piece very much. It had me smiling while I read through it. I wish there were more In the Heights fanfiction but I think you did an amazing work. Muy bien! A :D
writer11bee chapter 1 . 7/5/2009
First of all, I didn't even realize there WAS such thing as In The Heights fanfiction. This is just awesome. )

And I'm not fluent in Spanish, but does the title translate into "On That Fire Escape"? 'Cause if it does, brownie points for you for using song lyrics. (Which reminds me, when Sonny teases Nina and Benny, I was tempted to say "che bochinche, Nina and Benny!" lol)

I loved how Nina was comforted. Even at 14, Benny's a sweetheart.

This was a great intro of ITH fanfics for me. I'm looking forward to more. D

~Ash was here
Sun-Bleach chapter 1 . 5/10/2009
This is so amazing! I really love it! Please keep writing In The Heights stories, I honestly just spent over an hour reading all of yours. Thank you for the great reads!
linklovesme chapter 1 . 4/12/2009
Once again, another adorable Benny/Nina story, and I'd have to say that I really enjoed it. It dug into the depth of Nina's character; how she had so much pressure to do well in school.

Keep up the great writing, again.
bellmaree chapter 1 . 2/19/2009
I'd read this before, when ITH didn't have its own category C: and I love it as much as I did then. I can just picture Benny yelling, "Shut it, Sonny!" This is excellent. I totally sympathize with Nina- that's how I feel when I get bad scores. The portrayals were lovely.
jujuba chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
That's so cute! In the Heights really deserves a bigger fanbase! I love your fics (:
I Suspect Nargles chapter 1 . 12/6/2008
That was absolutely fantastic.

This may be my favorite of your fics so far. Speaking of which, I hope you don't mind me randomly reviewing all your ITH fics all at once.

Anyway, I love it. I love Nina and Benny talking, I love the idea of Benny being there to pick her pencils up for her, I love the last sentence and I love how you threw in Usnavi and Sonny :D

Wonderful job, as per usual.

Favorites.
Cole Alvina chapter 1 . 10/17/2008
I'm so happy I found an In the Heights story! I love the show (I've seen it with about 95% OBC) and I'm glad there are at least SOME fanfictions for it. I'd try to write some... But it would suck and look bad for In the Heights D:

xD But I'm very happy to understand your disclaimer. xD Lin's comparison to Phantom of the Opera is so funny

I love this, I think Nina and Benny were very IC. So was Sonny and Usnavi xD

If you write any other In the Heights stories I'll read them
Fountainous Quill chapter 1 . 10/5/2008
Oh! It's so cute! I haven't read the particular piece that this is based off of, but this story is particulary lovely. Ever since the boxcar children books many years ago, I have always loved the name Benny, and Nina is just a classic (though not many seem to realize it:D ) Anyways, keep up the writing. I do love it!
Detective Jazz Dever chapter 1 . 10/5/2008
Wow, this was so lovely! The characterizations were perfect and it was just a realistic slice of life for our friends In the Heights. Plus, I always like fics where they explore how things were when they were younger. I really loved the use of the red marks on the paper as a metaphor for Nina's heartache.