Reviews for The Wisdom to Know the Difference
Foxbear chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
Wonderful!

Your writing style is simply perfect for this story-verse. At least from Cain's perspective. You have truly managed to capture the O.Z.
natzbadfairy chapter 1 . 5/11/2009
that was so sad, but amazing :D
angeloneous chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
that was quite lovely in its realism. Thanks!
KateCayce chapter 1 . 11/20/2008
Wow! Great story!
SG1SamFan chapter 1 . 11/19/2008
That was absolutely *beautiful.* Carefully crafted and surprising throughout. I liked that you named the queen yourself instead of following the fandom traditions of Lurline and Lavender, though for a moment it did throw me off-I'd forgotten she didn't actually have a name. I loved the way you built the tension until I thought for sure it could only end angstily, then released it with a simple but moving scene.

Everyone was in-character. Everyone! I can't tell you how much I appreciate that. Stoic caring Cain, red-eyed Glitch (whom I always suspected felt a little more for the queen than he was supposed to), sweet Raw, and strong DG. No one felt odd or "off."

I loved it!

Thanks!

~Emily
ThnksFrThMmrs87 chapter 1 . 10/13/2008
This is a truly amazing piece. Well done
AmericanFairy chapter 1 . 10/6/2008
Wow, that was just amazing! You managed to capture the mood so well while keeping everyone in character. I think I'm going to cry now. Well done.
Kay Seda chapter 1 . 10/6/2008
Oh this is lovely. So rarely do we get some nice, solid genfic of DG and Cain and this had both of them perfectly in character. Thank yo for sharing!
Hidden Relevance chapter 1 . 10/6/2008
Oh man this one was just utterly heartbreaking.. but you really wrote it so very well.. gah.. just incredible my dear!
KLCtheBookWorm chapter 1 . 10/6/2008
*Sniffles* And hopefully it's a start, Cain.
nadeshiko1 chapter 1 . 10/6/2008
WOW! Totally feeling the agnst here.

Poor DG. Having to go through the death of the Queen and then having to step up and rule alongside her sister has got to be so hard. Not only that, she's basically lost any freedom she's had. She has to be Queen DG and can only be herself in private. That's gotta suck bad.

I also feel so bad for Cain as it seems as if he's the only one noticing this because he cares for, perhaps even loves, DG so much. It sucks that he has to watch the spunky girl that saved the world turn into someone he doesn't recognize.

This was so sad and yet so beautifully written.
effie214 chapter 1 . 10/6/2008
I really wish I had better words than "amazing," "gorgeous," and "poignant" to describe this, because what you've achieved here goes so far beyond those adjectives. I love the weight of the expectations here-not only for DG, but for Cain as well. What you've put on their shoulders, as well as their reactions, is true to both life and their characters, and my heart broke for both of them.

Just a beautiful, beautiful job.
Cinnamon Cigarettes chapter 1 . 10/5/2008
Omg.

This was a great fic. It made me want to cry for poor DG and the burdens she has to face.

Will it be a full story?

I couldn't tell if it was a one-shot or not.
RumCake chapter 1 . 10/5/2008
It's good to know that even in a time like that, DG still needs Cain just as much as he needs her.
MaddyCain chapter 1 . 10/5/2008
Wow. This is a great story, very evocative and true to character. I hope you have plans to continue it, but even if you don't, it stands alone as a one-shot very well.

MC