Reviews for A Step Ahead of You
PatriciaS chapter 1 . 6/3/2009
Finally managed to get round to reading this one. Worth the wait and I really enjoyed it although its sad as Sam dies. Love the way its written you feel for characters because its so true to them.

Thanks for taking the time and sharing.
i.m. nell chapter 1 . 2/20/2009
Sad but beautiful, too.
Lively Aria chapter 1 . 11/14/2008
Very well written.

Wonderful story.

Pity this kind of skill rarely gets applied to happier topics. I'll go look up your other works now!
MeadowUndertown chapter 1 . 10/8/2008
Oh my god! *sob* this is so beautiful and amazing, i really dont have the words for this, i just think you did an amazing job... i could see it all playing out in my head, well done love for a fantastic story.

x
Athena2008 chapter 1 . 10/7/2008
This was a beautiful piece. You did a wonderful job with both the Jack and Sam moments and Sam's last moments. It was very tasteful and well-written.

Thank you for sharing this story!
AT Fan chapter 1 . 10/7/2008
Lovely and touching I wish I could say it would never happen like this but the reality is both of them would sacrifice themselves or each other to save Earth perhaps thats why we love them both so much. I loved that at least they found a little bit of happiness for a short time with each other. Jack would hate sending Sam but he would if she was the best one for the mission and despite maybe hating it she would go.
LY00 chapter 1 . 10/7/2008
Wow, that was very powerful. I love Sam's musings as she is facing death, and her vision of the scene back home, with the team supporting Jack.

And this line was great: "A little part of Sam isn't sure she can say yes without immediately following it with sir, so she nods instead." I think that would be so true at the the beginning for them.

Well done and thanks for writing.
leiasky chapter 1 . 10/7/2008
Utterly agsty and amazingly well written. The fluff and the pure tension and what you can imagine happined in that AU where Sam dies leading the phoenix. Its all so darn sad! Nicely done!
Nessie1701 chapter 1 . 10/6/2008
Very sad, full of angst, and SO believable... Great job.
WhatATragicComedy chapter 1 . 10/6/2008
Talk about an emotional whirlwind. I thought you captured Sam beautifully. The analytical technological side of her and her softer emotional parts as well. Beautiful job.
Natters chapter 1 . 10/6/2008
aww. heartwrenching fic
spacegypsy1 chapter 1 . 10/6/2008
The way you write, particularly in this piece, is an ethereal, choreographed dance, faultless to the point of surreal. Perfect timing. Moves that trick the mind into seeing things subtle as suddenly, stunningly, powerful, while gracefully innocent. It evokes emotional responses that seem to turn thought into visions - words into eye candy – where tension paradoxically begets illusionary sweetness while sweetness wears the dark mask of death. You are the master, my friend. Truly. B