Reviews for Conversations with Azula
Vi-Violence chapter 1 . 5/20/2011
Okay, this is good, but three things.

1. Their uncles name is spelled Iroh.

2. Zhao died at the end of season one, he was killed by the ocean/sea spirit/a giant fish/water monster/Aang. (just go rewatch the siege of the north pole).

3. Zuko was really OOC, plus I don't think he's dumb enough to remove Sozin, Azulon, Ozai, or Azula from the history books, you know "learn from your mistakes"? Plus it would make it look like he was sweeping the crimes of the firenation under the rug.
petros308 chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
Very dark and she is more to pittied than scorned. Well written thougggh
KuMardagg chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
Damn, that's grim. Enjoyable read, though.
NeonZangetsu chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
Wow. A ten out of ten, my friend.
Sage347 chapter 1 . 6/25/2010
Personally, as this is not only an older and leader Zuko, but also a FATHER Zuko, I think it was more in character than most give it credit for.

Sure, it's a time of peace, but he can't get by on just being ridiculously nice to everyone and he'd to have figured that out by now. Also, again; father.

Considering what HIS father did to HIM, leaving him severely scarred both physically and emotionally, being an unfeeling douche who didn't give his children love so much as approval... and considering how his mother was much the opposite...

I'd expect Zuko to be a Papa Wolf, which you portrayed here. He did not HAVE to allow Azula to live, since as he said, it was a kindness to do so. She did horrible things that may have earned her a place on a chopping block if she hadn't been put in jail and/or a crazy ward thanks to him.

That said, she spat on that kindness and proved that she may very well still be an incredibly dangerous person (hell, even without firebending she still needed to be locked up); that alone, considering she threatened not just him but his family, justifies his reaction.

Also, I didn't read into this that he LIKED it so much as considered it a necessity. Sure, it was a stroke of cruelty, which makes things debatable, but considering what was listed above (seriously; protecting those you love can make you do some questionable stuff) as well as the fact that THIS IS AZULA WE'RE TALKING ABOUT, and she's basically a half step away from sociopathy... meh.

Honestly, Azula was my favorite character. I still got a smile that Zuko one-upped her. I mean, FINALLY.

On the note of Azula being a sick, sick woman; that was awesome. Thank you, that is all.

Anyway. If this were to continue, I'm not sure he'd follow through with it so much as make it last a couple days. Just to f*ck with her head. Just one cruel repayment for not only doing the very same thing to him over and over and overandoverandoverandover for YEARS, but finally pushing him over the edge by threatening his family. Threatening his family in a very bad way. (Chopping his kids up? Yeah...)

Anyway. Nice piece. I love seeing Azula mildly (or majorly!) off her rocker.
Razgriz0x chapter 1 . 4/27/2010
I hope that you plan to update this. First Chapter very well done. Ties in perfectly with the series and you really capture Azula's essence. Again, very well done.
naticariza chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
aww poor azula!

but it was great! this is going in my favorites!
Tsuri Tanaka chapter 1 . 10/31/2008
...you made me hate Zuko. Lol
Shizuka no Taisho chapter 1 . 10/17/2008
Damn, I didn't think Zuko had it in him to be that cruel. Go him! Azula deserved to die for her crimes, but her going crazy was a pleasant thing to see in the season finale.

Good job, definitely a favorite!
Darkfire chapter 1 . 10/9/2008
This is a very well written fanfic and I think that they probably would act like this so it's not ooc either. You showed Azula in a very accurate way and since in the TV show Azula is presumed to be either dead or in prison I don't think Zuko was cold or cruel. Great fanfic. I'll keep an eye out for any fanfics you write in future.
Toni America chapter 1 . 10/7/2008
idk about this one... It was really different... Um... Geez, there's nothing I can say except it was very dark... Not even Azula is that cruel. lol. But they do say revenge is best served cold... This was very cold, so if that's what you were going for then you got it.
Nemo chapter 1 . 10/6/2008
This certainly is a harsher, colder Zuko than we usually see. Ozai would be so proud of him.
anonymous chapter 1 . 10/6/2008
Hmm.

Well-written, but very out of character. There's no way Zuko would be that cruel to his sister, or anybody really. And he wouldn't just let her die if it could be avoided.