Reviews for A Night to Die
memory's marionette chapter 1 . 2/24/2014
Oh, this was very pretty. I vaguely remember reading it years back, but never reviewed. ; I like the sentiment of that part where Neji's incapable of using the Byakugan, and how it doesn't quite matter anyway because he might have eyes that hide nothing from the world, but in the face of such tragedy and death, he prefers to be- well, maybe not blind, but unseeing. Ironic how his most precious gift turns out to be the one thing he'd rather be without in the end.

Generally, I do think you had them very much IC; the only part that I personally can't see is the degree of Neji's solace. Not that he can't be comforting, but at the same time, Neji and Tenten strike me as very honest and to the point, so I don't know if he would try to sugarcoat what is obviously their end. Maybe they'd just accept it with grace? I'm not too sure, but this is just my inability to reconcile with whatever interpretation I've gained of them. (Also, choosing to die seems a bit… Well, it's definitely a fate/destiny dichotomy I'm not willing to go into right now. ;) That being said, Tenten dragging herself over to him was very true to her character, I think. Kind of like "well, I'm going, but if I'm going, it'll be beside someone I cherish" and her determination to brave the landmine of poison felt appropriate.

The saddest part was really ensconced within this line: "That kiss is many things; their first, their last, a greeting and a parting, an apology, and finally a promise." It's so hopeful, but at the same time so tragic because this is the end and because there are so many ways for them to get together and fall apart, but here they are denied the chance to even truly begin.

(This review probably means very little considering how their fates played out in actual canon, but just thought I'd let you know that I appreciate your work. C: )
Ami1010 chapter 1 . 11/15/2012
I know the story is really old, but I wanted to review any way! It's amazing!
Midnight Insomniac chapter 1 . 10/12/2011
It's so bittersweet. I love it! So heartbreaking :(

Keep writing!

sara chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
wow... simply wow

i have cried so fcking bad!

all this emotions..

what a terrible death on the one hand and romantic death on the other

never read something as good as this before, although i'e already read some of your other stories. a masterpiece after a masterpiece!

thank you for writing this, it was inspiring!

sry for my bad english :)

chanez chapter 1 . 2/28/2011
Beautiful... absolutely breathtaking. Your portrayal of both Neji and Tenten is lovely and the imagery is so supportive of the plot. The pace is so slow but it conveys the conflicting emotions so effectively. One can imagine Tenten like this; brave and strong, even when she's dying. Incredibly sad but nicely written. This particular line 'That kiss is many things; their first, their last, a greeting and a parting, an apology, and finally a promise' was amazing! Great job! )
yamikinoko chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
;.; Oh mannnn... The sheer amount of detail in here was astounding, and it definitely helped the imagery. Wonderfully depicted emotions at the end-fantastic job!
naash chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
my gosh that was insanely beautiful. i love the way you described their battle place and the conversations was saddening but still very them
FoRsak3n chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
Oh my god, that made me cry! And it takes a lot to make me cry. I loved this, it's getting a fav
Karin Serendipity chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
This was soo sad! You made me cry. This was beautifully written and I love this story so much! I can't believe I cried! Good story though!

sophia666 chapter 1 . 10/18/2008
great writing, and incredibly sweet. i wanted to cry when i read-

before? Supporting herself with one forearm, she bends gently over him and places her freezing lips against his warm ones. The emotions of the evening, of their years together, come to a head then, and he leans up as far as he can and kisses her back. That kiss is many things; their first, their last, a greeting and a parting, an apology, and finally a promise.

When they break reluctantly for air, Tenten leans back and looks down on him, committing his moonlit visage to her memory. There are tears in her eyes again, but she bravely refuses to let them fall. Perhaps she knows that this- her impending death, as she is finally ready to call it- is killing him as well. “I’ve always wanted to do that,” she whispers, sounding remarkably calm. “I’m glad that I got the chance

great story.
half-note chapter 1 . 10/12/2008
I like your tragedies, perfectly described, extraordinary scenery...a perfect night to die. Chees,

xEbonystar chapter 1 . 10/11/2008
Such. Wonderful. Writing. I teared up twice over. I could see her smiling and then panicing and him just. . .helplessly watching. This is really great. Really sad too, but great nontheless. Almost Romeo&Juliet-esque at the end but it made it that much more bittersweet (and made me seriously want to cry in a corner). I love it! (please give me. . .us, more. :D)

You're Awesome.

Faraway Dawn chapter 1 . 10/10/2008
There's something so powerful and beautiful about the words unspoken, that never needed to be said.

Really I think I've read this a few times before, and I loved it. I read it again because it looked familiar. I was right I have read this. I still love it.

Ah must have been killing him all those words unspoken, but what can be said? I think they both knew all along. That's what I loved about this fic. Sure Neji doesn't get to say it so she can hear, but you know, somewhere deep down, she always knew and so did he.

Awesome work.

~Faraway Dawn
GeoMill chapter 1 . 10/8/2008
I demand a tissue! The imagery was SO good. It was so terrifying to Imagen Tenten with a giant needle poking...OMG! SO morbid! SO GOOD! So many emotions. It's just so frustratingly beutifull.

I'm so putting this in my favorites!
Sinful.Emerald chapter 1 . 10/8/2008