Reviews for The Road Onward
Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
cool
mllhild chapter 1 . 12/24/2011
Nice first steps for Vivio. It gives really a cute and fun image small Vivio overloaded with an plate armor.

I've seen that some of the other reviews reclaimed that the fic let the Belkan magic seem rare. But to me it seemed more obvious to open up a older device since the stand of the Wolkenritters devices should be a lot above normal and Vivio is from the same era as them. Also Hayate wouldn't miss a chance mock Signum and to spoil Vivio a bit, well she has it necessary with the White Devil as mother.

about the German

it is "Danke schön", you let out the dots above the "o"

and in the omake it is "meine Kaiserin" because in German there is a difference form the gender

If you have any questions about German I would be glad to help.
Gundum M chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
a very nice story
Another Duck chapter 1 . 12/10/2009
I know this and several sequels are already done, but I'm going to pretend otherwise.

I don't usually like kids too much either (and one reason I didn't watch the series for a long time), but Vivio is a decent character. She, as well as Vita, are as you expect them, with enough humour to be interesting even when there's nothing going on.

On languages, I think it's referenced that Mid-Childans actually speak Japanese, so using Japanese words is odd as the translation should be assumed anyway. The German is decent enough, despite lack of umlauts, but as a Swede, I'm used to that.

One thing I didn't agree with is how rare Belkan magic seems to be, considering it is taught enough so that people would pick up on that it's better for Vivio than Mid magic. She, Erio, and Subaru use Belkan style in the original (though Vivio uses a hybrid, I believe). Still, made for a funny image with Signum.

I'm going to keep reading this series.
shanejayell chapter 1 . 10/16/2009
Heh, very nice. :)
markesellus chapter 1 . 10/29/2008
Vita-sensei? Interesting. Lol, it looks like some interesting things are to come with Vita as Vivio's teacher. Mariel's pretty funny, especially with her bragging to Shari. I can't even imagine what those two would say to each other. Probably all this device gibberish and some teasing thrown in.
Arkeus chapter 1 . 10/28/2008
Awesome...

Just great :XD
Jumper Prime chapter 1 . 10/18/2008
I really like this fic. Can't wait to see what comes next. I wonder what kind of attacks Vivio will have. I'm sure Nanoha will be glad to hear how strong Vivio's Barrier Jacket was in that first spar with Vita. Plus Vita had to expend a bunch of cartridges to blast through her shield. A super-tough Barrier Jacket means it'll be that much harder for Vivo to get injured in battle. Actually, since Vivio is using primarily Belka-style magic, wouldn't it be more accurate to call her a Knight, not a Mage, and wouldn't her Barrier Jacket be more correctly referred to as Armor? (I remember from watching A's that practitioners of Belka-style magic refer to themselves as Knights)
handlewithcare chapter 1 . 10/17/2008
Cool. Loved the idea of Vivio's device. You don't see an armor as a device around here that often. Thumbs up.

Her defensive fighting style reminds me of RO's Shield-type Paladin. Lulz.

Keep it up, bro.
Sunder the Gold chapter 1 . 10/7/2008
Great installment.

I agree with this vision of Vivio's abilities, based on the Saint's Armor.

However, contrary to your other work, it seems that Yuuno isn't one of Vivio's parents in this one. Vita doesn't seem to regard him as such, and Vivio doesn't respond as she should when learning something that surprises her about her father figure. Vivio's also not crediting or admiring Yuuno's accomplishments in battle during the first two seasons, though this is easily explained if no one thought to tell her - certainly, Yuuno wouldn't see a point in advertising it. Though I would be _shocked_ if Combat Instructor Mother Nanoha never once mentioned the invaluable back-up he provided her, at least as a story lesson about the value of teamwork and diversity of talents.

Heh. The omake's a nod to how irritating it is to have to research German for the Device's lines, isn't it?

Speaking of which, Vita actually lived in Japan for several years, so she would know better about the tongue and the word 'Sensei' than Vivio.
bloodied cypher chapter 1 . 10/7/2008
Good story. I hope to see more of it soon.

Question: How powerful will Vivio be. Will she follow the fine tradition of Mary-Suism that her mother set?
Suiram chapter 1 . 10/7/2008
Nice fic. Update quick... interesting ideea, a piece of armor for a weapon... i think i saw an anime/manga with this plot (can't remember what it was called
Person With Many Aliases chapter 1 . 10/7/2008
The usual quality I've come to expect when I read your stuff. As mentioned, there's been other fics following Vivio's time in the TSAB. Hell, I'll probably do it myself, but still, this one's more detailed.

If Vivio can bust moves like Chad from Bleach, her awesomeness spikes through the roof. Right Arm of the Giant, Left Arm of the Devil.
Extraintrovert chapter 1 . 10/7/2008
Vivio's future life as a mage is hardly an original concept (similar to most fanfiction ideas in this fandom, incidentally), however your expectedly strong characterisation results in the scenario possessing a higher appeal than usual, and the slight but significant variations (which the previous reviewer mentioned and I don't care to reiterate) promise a far more interesting interpretation.
RadiantBeam chapter 1 . 10/7/2008
Oh, man. Vivio's got Vita AND Yuuno? That girl's going to be a defensive powerhouse by the time those two are done with her.

I really liked the Vita/Vivio interaction. It was very sweet and IC, especially Vita, and it makes sense that Vita would train Vivio instead of Nanoha. I also liked the extra test of Vivio not doing well on tests because they're based on Mid-Childa magic and not Belka magic. I don't know if it was ever specifically said in the anime that people with one style have trouble with the other, but it's a nice touch and logical to assume that they do.

And I cracked up at Mariel's line with Signum. I could just picture Signum standing there twitching while Laevatein was taken apart. Though I don't think teasing her would have been a good idea... she'd probably overreact.

And the omake. Poor Parsifal. Don't worry, you'll get it right one of these days.