Reviews for A Secret Little Game
star's dreams chapter 1 . 3/10
SD: That was good well written glad I stumble upon this.
Grounders10 chapter 1 . 7/10/2016
A touching, and thoroughly engrossing tale. Tricks within tricks, an excellent portrayal of some of my favorite characters.
JLBB chapter 1 . 2/3/2016
I remember reading this story years ago, now I've stumbled upon it once more and I still think it's brilliant. I'll fave it, years late, but better now than never.
Tandy Sandman chapter 1 . 6/6/2014
well written! the plot is enticing, the characters true to their origins. The twist and turns makes this fic so much more than it seems. Thank you for sharing and your hard work!
Overlooked Supporting Cast chapter 1 . 5/27/2014
This is still my favorite Naruto story, all these years later.
The Keeper of Worlds chapter 1 . 2/27/2014
Wow, that's a very kind ending if you think about it. Well done.
Buzzkilltitan chapter 1 . 8/2/2013
This is by far the most elaborate and well thought out one shot I have read. Not only did you manage to perfectly show Shikamaru's genius in battle, along with flawless teamwork with Team Ten, you set up a stage for a subtly platonic relationship of wits between him and Tayuya. I was kept enraptured with the tale, following along the storyline with a surprise around every corner. Truly authorship at its greatest.
Razorsmile chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
Between this, "People Lie" and "Twenty Times Naruto Uzumaki Didn't Die", it's clear that 2008 was a golden age for quality Naruto fic.

That a fic this good, this logical, this tactically sound, this kind to minor characters; can be so bereft of reviews is a goddamn travesty.
KGB chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
Interesting, I like the way you wrote the 'genius' plan. Most of the time when people are writing about genius conclusions and plans they write it by including unknown variables. E.g. people talking about option A and B and then the genius comes into the picture and introduces option Z as a viable option.

However, in this story you can actually think along. I had quite a few suspicious before I settled on Ino Kabuto. For example Shikamaru was there only with a two man cell, introducing a possible third person was to prevent from being overwhelmed and killed. However, considering it was likely a three man cell operation, which would include Ino. Considering Ino's skill, they might not need the head scientist. The extraction was already under way, while the sound team got delayed.

I settled on Kabuto being subverted when he asked Tayuya for advice and asked leading questions to the extraction point.

I really like how rereading it you suddenly see a lot more hints. Great story.
AKAAkira chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
Very nicely written, and a very sentimental piece.
I do wish the plan was expanded upon, though. The game of wits was the focus of the summary, but it wasn't too complicated - for example, Kabuto being possessed was well-within my guesses, even if I missed most of the excellent clues - and wasn't completely explained - Ino's escape being the example of a stroke of genious (maybe?) that I never got to see.
Still, though, the writing was brilliant, and the characters were portrayed excellently. I enjoyed it very much.
AnAncientBard chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
Surprisingly depressing.
10/10
Lanky Nathan chapter 1 . 3/13/2012
30 reviews... only 30 measly little reviews for one of the greatest one-shots out of all the Naruto fanfics. I tell you now, what you have here is easily deserving of 1000 reviews. The forethought you put into this whole piece was just amazing. I thought I had it figured out, then you went and revealed Kabuto had been posessed, then you revealed that he had been posessed from right back at the beginning? I completely missed that, and (not trying to sound egotistical) that is a damn hard thing to accomplish.

I only wish I could review this another 100 or so times so it is given the recognition it deserves.

Lanky
blackmoon124 chapter 1 . 12/25/2011
Long winded one-shot but an excellent one. Sad that the sound nin had to die at the end, I thought tayuya could've survived so at least the other sound's sacrifice won't be in vain. The writing and flow was great and the plot was realistic. It's also nice to see a fanfic in which sound ninja are actually treated like people and are not all selfish bastards, this is probably the first fic in which the sound 4 sounds like a happy team and I applaud you for that.
ZipCode chapter 1 . 3/10/2011
Headcanon. This is definitely going into my headcanon. Damn.
Xiao Bi chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
Jeez. Why aren't there more Naruto fics like this?