Reviews for A Secret Little Game
KuMardagg chapter 1 . 11/16/2010
Very cool story. Very good use of the "lay the evidence before the reader" technique. Touching ending.
RyougaZell chapter 1 . 8/30/2010
Im not happy that Tayuya didn't make it in the end, but at least she somewhat redeemed herself.

I always enjoy a battle between Shikamaru and Tayuya. I still curse Kishimoto for killing her, but allowing boring characters like Karin survive. Heck... it annoyed me even Hinata survived. He could have killed her since he was doing the Dragon-ball-no-jutsu anyway.

Anyway... I love the portrayal of Tayuya's inner conflicts. But there is a severe flaw on what happened to Kabuto. The injuries. The hand injury plus all those things than Ino made to Kabuto's body, as mentioned on the epilogue, should have happened to Ino's body as well.

It was a nice touch for Shikamaru to leave the flute with that girl at the end though.
ZuzVaiyo chapter 1 . 6/26/2010
Very well-woven oneshot.

favorited
Zither chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
I came here from DLP(Dark Lord Potter)expecting a sad, little piece that fails all premises that it sets out to fulfill. Instead, I found an excellent 1-shot.

5/5
TheMello chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
I have to admit that I saw the possibility of Kabuto being a traitor relatively early on; however, I had not singled him out. The idea that one of the Sound team was not genuine, or even Hideaki (which, it seems to me, his name is very similar to that of the lead scientist in Final Fantasy VII [or maybe I'm just slowly going insane]) haunted me throughout much of the first half. I would like to commend you on writing a story that is very well thought out and easy to follow (you'd be surprised how may are not) as well as extremely engaging. When Jirobo and Kidomaru made their last stand, and especially when Tayuya died, I nearly cried. Thank you (as corny as it sounds) for releasing this story into the world; I look forward to revisiting it often.
Fredryck chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
I love it...best Naruto oneshot I've ever read. A fic with a plot? With a mission? With Shikamaru's brilliant planning? No way! Outstanding, really, and just plain awesome.
Cap'n Chryssalid chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
I don't Fav too many Naruto based fics, but this one was particularly original and well executed. You have a very well rounded characterization and interpretation of events, and the overall flow of the story was consistent and clever. Yes, this one is well worth a Fav.
Steven Kodaly chapter 1 . 5/18/2009
It's always interesting to see villainous characters made into someone with whom a reader can relate.
mountainelements chapter 1 . 2/26/2009
Wow, I love how the Sound Four (what was left of them anyways) sacrificed themselves for the girl. It took me a while to realize that Kabuto wasn't himself, but I admit that I thought someone had henged into him instead. Good story.
ELMO-kibafangirl11 chapter 1 . 2/7/2009
aw... that was quite sad!

i actually feel quite choked up.

seriously, i almost cried when tayuyua died...

so, in the end, everyone has something in them that keeps the light. nothing ever becomes completely dark...

not in my mind, anyway :D

well, great story. maybe next time you should put a warning at the top saying that there's death in it... i seriously wasnt expecting it XD
Robyn the Perpetually 15 chapter 1 . 11/21/2008
I love this so much, so many convoluted schemes and it's so awesome!
Hokata Yuy chapter 1 . 11/20/2008
Ho..ly.. shit...

That was amazing!

A great bit of spy vs. spy with a pacing and style right out of the series... but it was so much more...

more real.

I mean.. I hate the ending, but it's perfect. Anything else would have been a cop out. They all fell for the sake of innocent children, and they didn't just suddenly "oh, this is bad, I shouldn't be doing it", but a very real, very human shift in perspective.

Seriously, that was great!

Once again, I really, really wish she hadn't died.. but.. it was supposed to be.. ;_;
The BluOne chapter 1 . 11/17/2008
OMG. That was... really good.

(Sniffle)

Really, really good.
Hinatafanboy chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
A masterpiece I look forward to more like this one.
Epiphany's Apocalypse chapter 1 . 11/2/2008
Excellent! I love when authors create actual MISSIONS, KUDOS!
41 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »