Reviews for A Secret Little Game
ZuzVaiyo chapter 1 . 6/26/2010
Very well-woven oneshot.

favorited
Zither chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
I came here from DLP(Dark Lord Potter)expecting a sad, little piece that fails all premises that it sets out to fulfill. Instead, I found an excellent 1-shot.

5/5
TheMello chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
I have to admit that I saw the possibility of Kabuto being a traitor relatively early on; however, I had not singled him out. The idea that one of the Sound team was not genuine, or even Hideaki (which, it seems to me, his name is very similar to that of the lead scientist in Final Fantasy VII [or maybe I'm just slowly going insane]) haunted me throughout much of the first half. I would like to commend you on writing a story that is very well thought out and easy to follow (you'd be surprised how may are not) as well as extremely engaging. When Jirobo and Kidomaru made their last stand, and especially when Tayuya died, I nearly cried. Thank you (as corny as it sounds) for releasing this story into the world; I look forward to revisiting it often.
Fredryck chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
I love it...best Naruto oneshot I've ever read. A fic with a plot? With a mission? With Shikamaru's brilliant planning? No way! Outstanding, really, and just plain awesome.
Cap'n Chryssalid chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
I don't Fav too many Naruto based fics, but this one was particularly original and well executed. You have a very well rounded characterization and interpretation of events, and the overall flow of the story was consistent and clever. Yes, this one is well worth a Fav.
Steven Kodaly chapter 1 . 5/18/2009
It's always interesting to see villainous characters made into someone with whom a reader can relate.
mountainelements chapter 1 . 2/26/2009
Wow, I love how the Sound Four (what was left of them anyways) sacrificed themselves for the girl. It took me a while to realize that Kabuto wasn't himself, but I admit that I thought someone had henged into him instead. Good story.
ELMO-kibafangirl11 chapter 1 . 2/7/2009
aw... that was quite sad!

i actually feel quite choked up.

seriously, i almost cried when tayuyua died...

so, in the end, everyone has something in them that keeps the light. nothing ever becomes completely dark...

not in my mind, anyway :D

well, great story. maybe next time you should put a warning at the top saying that there's death in it... i seriously wasnt expecting it XD
Robyn the Perpetually 15 chapter 1 . 11/21/2008
I love this so much, so many convoluted schemes and it's so awesome!
Hokata Yuy chapter 1 . 11/20/2008
Ho..ly.. shit...

That was amazing!

A great bit of spy vs. spy with a pacing and style right out of the series... but it was so much more...

more real.

I mean.. I hate the ending, but it's perfect. Anything else would have been a cop out. They all fell for the sake of innocent children, and they didn't just suddenly "oh, this is bad, I shouldn't be doing it", but a very real, very human shift in perspective.

Seriously, that was great!

Once again, I really, really wish she hadn't died.. but.. it was supposed to be.. ;_;
The BluOne chapter 1 . 11/17/2008
OMG. That was... really good.

(Sniffle)

Really, really good.
Hinatafanboy chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
A masterpiece I look forward to more like this one.
Epiphany's Apocalypse chapter 1 . 11/2/2008
Excellent! I love when authors create actual MISSIONS, KUDOS!
The Violent Tomboy chapter 1 . 10/21/2008
Me likes this. Me likes this very, very much.

Style was lovely, ending was lovelier.

Brilliant how Ino took over Kabuto's body in the midst of the chaos. She should've have him do a strip tease or something. I'm guessing Jirobou and Kidoumaru got killed in the end...poor guys. I really liked Shikamaru and Tayuya's characterizations the best though.

You rock.
Flametongue chapter 1 . 10/21/2008
This is, by far, the best Shikamaru/Tayuya-centric story I've read since Hokata Yui's Shadows and Notes. While the sound ninjas' rather out-of-character concern for each other at one point here might peeve some hardcore fans off, I still find it very credible. Stories where people who have mostly been decipted as so-called "Bad people" suddenly show emotions other than selfishness and anger are always like a fresh breeze, as long as it is done artfully and you managed that part splendidly.

I also feel i should comend you on pointing out just how much of an advantage open landscape would be for someone like Tayuya when using her doki demons. People who manages to grasp logical points like that seem to be scarce nowadays.

I do admit I'm a little disatisfied with the ending but that's simply because I'm a rabid fan of Tayuya, you still made it good enough even for someone like me.

While I know you wrote this as a request, I still hope that you might one day write yet another story with these two characters in the center.

Best wishes;