Reviews for 1oIII: Mirror
lurkmoar chapter 9 . 9/9/2013
I repeat: so nice to have you back :-)
Yes, the ending was somewhat anticlimactic, but since there will be a continuation, it doesn't really matter. Besides, seeing as finishing it almost put an end to the entire story, I'd much rather have you finishing this case like this, than risk another hiatus. ;-P
As for the story, I love how Mai is developing her powers and how you are exploring the possibility for her to be able to help Naru with his. It would be cool to see them work together for once and experiencing Naru all badass powerful.
Speaking of being powerful, I love Ayami (seriously, she's so cynical that it's entertaining), but her being so powerful that she doesn't really have to worry about the cases (or Mai beeing kidnapped) kinda takes some of the suspense/horror out of the series. I never really worry about if the team will be able to solve the case or not, because we're constantly reminded that Ayami could easily save the day if she wanted to. It kinda makes the fact that they solve a case less important - less of a victory for the "heroes" of the story.
But I have a feeling she will meet her match in Raidon or with some of the other families. I just hope that the ghost hunt team will be able to kick some ass as well ;-)
I do really really love your writing, though, so I trust you :-)
(Sorry for the rant)
Off to read Cursed!
Guest chapter 9 . 9/5/2013
Oh yes and I realised that you made a mistake. Wasn't it the Miharu family that was one of the Five?not Mizuki?

Midwinteroasis
Guest chapter 9 . 9/4/2013
I would be lying if I said I wasn't expecting action in this chapter considering the cliffhanger in your previous chapter. But I'm not disappointed strangely. I actually think that it tied well together and I'm looking forward to how you will write the story that comes. I think part of the reason im not disappointed is because I never usually know where your story is headed, the plot, the twists, everything keeps me on the edge, guessing and anticipating. Especially your interpretation of the events that will lead to Gene's body. As you wrote, the Mizukis are pacifists, which makes me all the more curious why the hospital still holds Gene's body. And if you don't mind me asking, is the power that Mai demonstrated an integral part of the stories to come? It might be a stupid question, but if the power isn't, I would like to ask if you could tell me what Mai did unconsciously. I would also like to ask what Yukito actually is, and who are the 'they' he spoke of in the mirror. This is assuming that you actually do have an answer to it and also assuming that you won't be making use of him in the upcoming sequels. And of course it's completely up to you if you wish to answer my questions. As I mentioned before, I'm really looking forward to Cursed and I'm glad you picked up your pen to write again!

Midwinteroasis
Ariana Taniyama chapter 9 . 9/4/2013
I do wish I had a little more information on what happened that Ayami ended up with the spirit, but this wasn't a bad ending. You do a good job with her interaction with Mai and Naru and those parts of the story were quite interesting to read.

I'm looking forward to Cursed, but I'm glad you haven't forgotten Eternus. I really enjoyed your original chapters and I'm hoping the rewrite catches my imagination as well.
Ariana Taniyama chapter 8 . 9/4/2013
Welcome back! I liked Ayami's point of view regarding Naru and the others. I especially am interested in finding out if she figures out why Lin is so loyal. Shall I admit I find myself wondering if Naru is an illegitimate child of one of the Five families and that explains both his power, and his lack of upbringing in the Five's training of their powers. Anyway, I liked Mai's discovery of her power and how she wants Naru to find Gene, but isn't willing to die for it.
Ghost hunt.er loves Japan 77 chapter 9 . 9/4/2013
I am really happy your back I loved chapters 7,8 I reaLly liked chapter 8 I really like the demons Junia and Octavia Junia especially i like her i allso love how ayami puts naru in his place but Maby you should have one of her demons stay by Mai sighed for the next case to protect her From the Mizuki family anyways can't wait till you post the first chapter of your new story : )
Ferb O. Oche chapter 9 . 9/3/2013
Yeah. I waz expecting some action and this chapter was kinda a let down. BUT the twist at the end made it worth the read. Is Gene-? Oohhh I cannot wait for the next story. Hope you'll update soon and also .
JigokuTenshi834 chapter 8 . 8/30/2013
Oooh yay! The appearance of a cool power from Mai! :D :D :D
taylor chapter 8 . 8/29/2013
hmmmm nice twist and im guess ing tht power they SPR and her cousin suddenly felt was hers HMMM...scratches chin lik Naru...this is starrtin to actualy get interestin besides i kinda wantd Naru to feel lik atleast alittle guilty though ur right how do u think he felt then i again i dont give a rats ass u shouldnt ie to ppl who put their lives in ur hands destroys trust even if they dont admit to trustin u in the first place but this is Naru here he dont even trust the dead with his secrets the only reason lin knows them is bc he is his bodyguard...lol
DuskWolf chapter 8 . 8/29/2013
Love the story
WhisperToTheWolves chapter 8 . 8/24/2013
This is so cool. you have no freaking idea! I want you to update so bad right now that I freaking screamed. yea you read me right.
please update soon!
-WhisperToTheWolves
dancingfingers chapter 8 . 8/24/2013
This was fast! :)
I don't know what to say, really. I guess I'm too amazed with the intensity of this chapter. I'll look forward for the next!
Ferb O. Oche chapter 8 . 8/24/2013
Woo! Another chapter! I love it! Ayami kinda reminds me of Moiraine from The Wheel of Time series. Damn Aes Sedais and their annoying vagueness. Hehe. Poor Mai, always being caught in the worst of times.
AssailantAngel chapter 8 . 8/24/2013
Finally more awesome powers for Mai! I hope that she'll have her very own shikis, hehe just a thought. Maybe Mai stumbled upon a shrine god without a shrine or something of that sorts. Can't wait for the next update.
miss koneko chapter 8 . 8/24/2013
...Don't blink XD

So excited to read more updates from you, my friends teased me about having a nerdgasm on their couch when I got the update for the last chapter on my phone. Seriously, SO HAPPY!

Thank you for not giving up (it encourages me to get my act together too), and as usual, I can't wait to read more!