Reviews for Justified
Guest chapter 1 . 6/29/2014
very profound and in a way frightening but saving the innocent was his purpose in joining the ishin shishi and the purpose of his sword style. it would mean that the two of them would die including countless others that jin-ei would kill after he and kaoru were dead... that by not stopping him he could hold himself responsible.

already reviewed this so i had to log out.

anyway, if you don't know already, they've made a new live action 'rurouni kenshin' movie that has been released internationally... i saw it (own it) and it is really great (a live action adaptation of an anime series done right, and the casting was superb!) and they've been filming two more live action sequel movies that follows the next arc of the manga (to be released this summer)... they've released a new OVA series and a brand new/different manga story that the movie is partially based on. it's all been so very exciting!

if you plug in the following codes in the youtube search engine you can see a few of the trailers :

90ubrsSxrKc -subbed trailer of the first movie.

yaLOPVAuJs4 -raw character profile trailers in the movie.

8qRFhP5PhMk -live action depiction of the dojo fight scene with gohei.

WCiGslSAtpY -the sneak preview for the next sequel movies, subbed.

NCei4Vm1ZP8 -the latest trailer (subbed)
enjoy!
openwindow chapter 2 . 12/19/2009
oh man, i wish you'd make a sequel to this! it's so worth it!
meantoddy chapter 1 . 11/18/2009
for kaoru-dono, he will kill again. *swoons* :)
Brukaoru chapter 2 . 9/8/2009
Have I not reviewed this? Shame on me! This is very good. Very well written! Love it! :D
Ranuel chapter 2 . 10/16/2008
A really good pairing of stories. The second makes me think of what it would be like for Kenshin had things gone differently and how, as bad as it was, his life could have been much worse over those ten years.
kokoronagomu chapter 2 . 10/9/2008
to be dead inside.

one wonders if that was how it would have been like if he hadn't killed tomoe - or if tomoe hadn't found him that night - or if he had stayed with the government after toba fushimi.

there was still that chance that in those ten years his sanity would have unraveled. there was a difference between having to use extreme force saving the occasional victim like hiko and being assigned to take out whomever the government told him to. although i can see him being only assigned to hit the most skilled and dangerous...

you've given me something to ponder and consider all of the possibilities. now i won't be able to sleep until i've exhausted myself. cool!

always a pleasure,

ginny
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 10/9/2008
one could just imagine those reasonings as he gathered his reserves, determination and will. amazing insight, and to actually remember that line from katsura... !

i know i drew this for ravyn but he's battousai! i got i thing for the glowing eyes:

kokoronagomu. deviantart art/hitokiri-battousai-100129348

one can't help thinking of the lonely, isolated, socially backward teen, turned into himself; feared and shunned by his fellow soldiers.

ginny
skenshingumi chapter 2 . 10/8/2008
What an interesting set of bookends this is. I like how you created your own scenario to explore an even darker side of Kenshin's need to protect. His mindless repetition of protect the era has obviously lsot its meaingin to him here and yet he goes on.
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 10/8/2008
Great to get a new story from you. I loved this, the shocked recogniton of his own limits followed by the intense determination to completely disbelieve in those limits. I also loved the last line, a truly sad comment although Kenshin shows he is indeed more.
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 2 . 10/8/2008
Chapter two was even better!

I didn't mind the AUness since Kaoru (for once) was showing some sense in your story. It's a more serious rendering of their first meeting, but it was good.
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 10/8/2008
Very cool, but very short!

Loved the change in eye color. I missed the episode of the anime that ended the Jin-eh story arc, so I really wanted more. The quote at the end was exquisite, good contrast to Kenshin wanting to fight, to kill even, for something other than overthrowing the shogunate in your story.
Warg chapter 2 . 10/7/2008
that took an odd but welcome turn.. there is more, yes? please..

haha.. good read here..
Warg chapter 1 . 10/7/2008
Amazing "last words" .. the slip away from the scene is not without reward.. cant wait for more..
The Wandering Pen chapter 2 . 10/7/2008
Whoa! I love Chapter 1 for Kenshin's introspection and reasons for taking a step into the past, against the ideals he's lived by for the last 10 years. And I really want more of Chapter 2, AU and all. What an interesting direction that one took and I really wish you'd go forward an explore it more. I like that he says the words about protecting the peace of Meiji by rote. It's the realization that he just can't convince himself anymore but he has nothing else to justify the killing. More, please? Fenik isn't the only one benefiting. :)
half-breed-demon-fox chapter 2 . 10/7/2008
this is good u should do more lol