Reviews for The Death of A Legend
Elise Deschat chapter 37 . 7/9
I am so glad that I read this as a completed work, I don't think I could have managed the anxiety level that this work held you in to the very end...

I watched the Western, and now have the DVD's, but I could see every word in the narrative written as a script...it was an interesting seeing the drawl in a narrative, but I could see Stuart Whitman as Jim Crown, Dulcey, Mac and Francis in the action and dialog presented... the characterization was fantastic! I would have been a great two-part episode to have completed the series with.

I was also interested in the discussion about the "War Between the States"...being a native Virginian and a Southerner, with my history being trashed right and left, and somewhat re-written, I appreciated the discussion between Dave and Jim...my forefathers fought for the 10th Amendment, the right of the States. With the passage of the Merrill Act, the South had to pay taxes that literally built the Northern Industrial complex, according to my father, once the Interstate Commerce Act was passed, his father ran into his business and told my grandmother that the South had won the war, since now raw and finished products shipped at the same rates. Also prior to the Civil War (War of Northern Aggression), Slavery was being phased out with the Industrial Revolution, leaders were meeting to negotiate the end of slavery at Fort Monroe and the Emancipation proclamation only freed those slaves that were already free, it did nothing for those in indentured servitude, it was only a political issue to keep England and France out of the war.
marymouse chapter 9 . 2/16
ADDAMSFAMILYTREE chapter 37 . 4/6/2015
Well, for a final chapter in this epic story, written just for fun, well, it was great reading.
ADDAMSFAMILYTREE chapter 36 . 4/6/2015
So far, so good, story wise that is. Anyway, I could see John & Victoria Cannon of "THE HIGH CHAPPARAL" on a train getting waylaid in Cimarron due a washed out trestle, or some such thing, and Victoria goes into labor, and needs Dulcey's help while being delayed there. Also, John Cannon along with brother Buck, son Billy Blue, and brother-in-law Manalito could join Jim Crown, MacGregor, & Francis in hunting down the saboteurs that damaged the trestle. Still, such a crossvoer is just a thought, even though the same train the Cannons visit town on was also transporting steers to a packing plant in Kansas City.
ADDAMSFAMILYTREE chapter 35 . 4/6/2015
Throw in the Barkleys of "THE BIG VALLEY" for a visit to Cimarron while transporting steers by rail to Chicago, and the layover in Cimarron would be in a crossover exposing a long lost friendship between Jim Crown & Heath Barkley.
ADDAMSFAMILYTREE chapter 34 . 4/6/2015
One of these days, someone's gotta write a crossover with Crown getting help capturing some bad guys, and the help comes from the Cartwrights. Afterall, a good crossover between "CIMARRON STRIP" & "BONANZA" would make for interesting reading on this site.
ADDAMSFAMILYTREE chapter 33 . 4/6/2015
Of all the "CIMARRON STRIP" stories on this site, this one has the rank of an epic for sure.
ADDAMSFAMILYTREE chapter 32 . 4/6/2015
Before tv audiences knew of "CIMARRON STRIP", some had only "THE CISCO KID" to idolize. Anyway, if Cisco & Pancho were to visit Cimarron, and help Crown, MacGregor, & Francis nab some bad guys, why the possibilities for such a crossover would be endless.
ADDAMSFAMILYTREE chapter 31 . 4/6/2015
Only U.S. Marshal Jim Crown would consider marrying Dulcey, and having guests ranging from Matt & Kitty of "GUNSMOKE" to Betsy Garth & Jim Fairfax aka The Virginian. Think of the popularity in the crossover category?!
ADDAMSFAMILYTREE chapter 30 . 4/6/2015
Cimarron is the kind of a town where Sherman Potter would've visited if he lived in the old west. Afterall, it's a thought for a crossover between "CIMARRON STRIP" & "M*A*S*H"?!
ADDAMSFAMILYTREE chapter 29 . 4/6/2015
I could visualize Laura Ingalls Wilder and Almanzo Wilder visiting Cimarron as Almanzo who's trying to buy a good bull for breeding cattle, gets hoodwinked, resulting in his teaming up with Crown, MacGregor, and even Francis to track down rustlers. At least, it's just a thought for a crossover between "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRE" & "CIMARRON STRIP"?!
ADDAMSFAMILYTREE chapter 28 . 4/6/2015
A good clonk on the head could get Maxwell Smart dreaming he's in the old west in Crown's time via a crossover possibly?!
ADDAMSFAMILYTREE chapter 27 . 4/6/2015
MacGregor has a lot of spunk, just like his ancestor, Rob Roy MacGregor.
ADDAMSFAMILYTREE chapter 26 . 4/6/2015
They don't exactly make heroes like Jim Crown, MacGregor, & Francis no more, let alone ladies like Dulcey.
ADDAMSFAMILYTREE chapter 25 . 4/6/2015
One nice idea for a crossover would be to have Jim Crown meeting up with Lucas McCain of "THE RIFLEMAN" to battle some bad guys of sorts.