Reviews for Know Thyself
Shiro Inutoko chapter 12 . 4/7
I've been meaning to reread this story ever since the sequel was completed and I've finally gotten around to it. I wanted to review this chapter specifically because of the touchy subject of corporal punishment. I can understand why many people do not support it, and the example you've written here is exactly why. Personally, I believe corporal punishment can be not only good, but necessary - IF done correctly. What Snape has done here was not quite the right way to do it. I don't have any children myself, so I have only my own parent's example, but I think I have a strong say in whether or not they did it right. And the very first, most important thing they did, was to NEVER punish me in anger. If they were still upset by whatever I'd done, punishment was delayed. Secondly, the lecture came before rather than during or after, so that I wasn't distracted by pain. And finally, they always made sure that I understood both why I was being punished and that they still loved me. And you know what? Even after the worst punishment I ever received (dad's leather belt after playing with matches in my room while alone in the house) I never doubted that last one. I could say more, but I don't want to lecture you. Also, Snape is really unused to being a father-figure here, and has no good example to follow, so I think he can be forgiven a mistake or two.
anyeshabaner chapter 25 . 1/20
i loved this storyyyy
jupimako chapter 25 . 9/16/2013
That was great! Thank you.
misherukuro chapter 25 . 8/22/2013
very creative and entertaining
Aikawa Akihiko chapter 25 . 7/31/2013
Loved this! i had no idea what this would be when i started reading, ( i thought it might be an independent!harry fic where Harry goes back to his past to help his younger self, lol) but i was pleasantly surprised. can't wait to see what happens to shadow!
d1x1lady chapter 25 . 7/18/2013
Such a great story! I loved reading it and can't wait for more of your work.
Makurayami Ookami chapter 25 . 6/5/2013
This was an a amazing story. Well written.
Makurayami Ookami chapter 23 . 6/5/2013
This was beautiful. I'm so happy for sev.
Makurayami Ookami chapter 11 . 6/4/2013
I thought he'd waited to long about the malfoy situation. And now sev knows where Harry slept.
Makurayami Ookami chapter 2 . 6/4/2013
Oh crap. Poor Harry.
Makurayami Ookami chapter 1 . 6/4/2013
This was good.
ronjon chapter 3 . 5/4/2013
This is fun. But I always wonder (especially if it is timed after book 2) why Harry doesn't just call for Dobby. You know, as in "GET ME OUT OF HERE". I guess that would kind of ruin the suspence, huh. Oh, well, on to chapter 4.
Jim Red Hawk chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
"one foot dangling down to the floor, slowly moving in circles, the other tucked up under his chin"

Isn't that kinds hard to do? I would have thought he had his KNEE under his chin and not his other foot! :o

JimS
Guest chapter 10 . 1/5/2013
Cool image.
Narcissa-Weasly chapter 2 . 12/31/2012
I like how the reflection/shadow suprise him so much when he is cleaning.
And how the shadow try to sign his messages.
Oh no! I don't even want to know what the Malfoys has planned.