Reviews for Fairytale
meriland25 chapter 1 . 12/3/2013
Wonderful...trully fascinating and well written. Have a nice day :)
Diz chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
Poetic, melancholy and uplifting. Lovely!
filmyfurry chapter 1 . 9/22/2011
A fantastic piece! I really enjoyed it! I just love your writing style and word choices :)
IrrelevantIsKey chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
I think I've read this story about a million times now...did you know that quite a lot of your stories are bookmarked on my browser? They're REALLY good...

Although, it must be said. This - the stories and the "wow, you do it so well!" - is very depressive! You're so good at it! I wish I could write half as well as you can - but I can't! - because it would make trying to make somethign of writing so much easier...great work!
Blacknayami chapter 1 . 4/12/2009
Wow, you did a great job with this fic! I loved the ending with the silver lining section, it was great! Thank you so much for posting this story! _
the laughing redhead chapter 1 . 3/12/2009
love your writing style- extremely wry and interesting :-) definitely a favorite
Swamp Fairy chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
I LOVED this story! lovedlovedloved it! cant say anything else. loved the whole 'fairytale' thing and the (-)s and everything. amazing story! keep it up!
Social Bunny chapter 1 . 10/19/2008
This is very, very interesting. I love the parentheses and the interjected thoughts and the lack of spaces. Very nice style, very interesting story to tell.
hansolofan chapter 1 . 10/13/2008
Just brilliant, ah-freaking-amazing! You have a wonderful way to words, such that you can capture such beautiful images and raw emotion, great job!
Carlier36 chapter 1 . 10/8/2008
This is beautiful! I love your style - it's very simple but very dramatic. Great job!
WWMTgirl chapter 1 . 10/8/2008
hilarious.
timenspace chapter 1 . 10/8/2008
no silver clouds in cloud city, but it's a fairytale, so we'll let it go. Beautiful
LASOS chapter 1 . 10/7/2008
OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD! (Except this is Star Wars, so perhaps I should say 'Oh my gods.')

Okay, first, let me say that it would be a great day if I could even hope to write something as as this. Because I just...wow. Wow. Wow. WOW.

Second, let me say that I am so thrilled that you took ALL of those challenge ideas. I had no idea that they all would have worked in the same story, but they did and the effect was B.R.I.L.L.I.A.N.T.

Third, let me say that the imagery here is just astounding and so fitting. Her hair is as soft as the velvet inside of a coffin? Holy word, how many things are implied by that description that you gave? If I had Threepio here, I'd have him calculate it, but I don't, so I'll just ballpark it at a thousand.

One of the wisest people I've ever met told me a few weeks ago that writing is like painting, and the words are your colors, your medium, and the way that you choose your colors, pick your words, the way that you shape your brushstrokes, the way that you arrange them, can make people laugh, can make them cry, can make them happyheartbrokenFEEL. (Okay, I paraphrased, but you get the point.) And you, Mathematica, my dear, are an incredible artist, because you can make people FEEL. And you make them feel with so few words, and that takes genius, and I am in awe.

Now I'm going to let your words speak for themselves. These are my favorite lines:

(And since this is a history, and all histories are fairytales, we can say that she was never, ever afraid, no matter how many times her nails raked grooves into the smooth skin of her cracked palms and her bitten lips wept tears of blood and she prays for a Knight to save her because she is oh-so-very scared -)

(And since this is their history and their fairytale, we can say that it was love at first sight, even though the only thing stopping him from putting a blaster bolt through her neck was the shadowy promise of gold lurking in her starlike eyes and the only thing stopping her from shoving him headfirst into the dianoga’s waiting jaws was the fact that while she could pilot almost any ship, that hunk of junk looked too unsafe for even the devil to fly.)

Wonderful man, she thinks. Either I’m going to kill him, or –

When he admits he loves her, it isn't in a romantic setting in a shadowy glade or at a courtly ball with whispering rumourmongers and the sob of a keening cello, but in front of the devil himself on a hissingsnappingspitting platform that is to prove his demise. And he isn't holding a ring in one (calloused, oil-spattered) palm, nor is he kneeling on the filthy ground amidst condensed steam and the screamscreamscream of machinery, nor is he holding her hand in his and placing tender kisses into her hair. -NO LIE-I cried at this.

But remember, my child, that this is a fairytale. And a fairytale always, always has a happy ending.

Yeah, that was basically the whole piece, but you get the idea.

I was jumping up and down with joy when I got the alert on this. Just so you know. (And I'm considering leaving you to the HSLO fandom, because you do it so well.)

I'm off to read this again. I'm just in awe.

Please keep writing.
Grey's Princess chapter 1 . 10/7/2008
Wonderful. you continue to astound me. I love the cloud part at the end.