Reviews for Professor Burbage and the Potions Master
Wolfske chapter 28 . 6/8
I like this storry very much,
A very remarkable and beautiful story
StarSpew chapter 28 . 3/13
I stayed up all night reading this. Suffice to say, I really wish this actually happened in the Harry Potter Series. It makes Severus Snape's death not just more heartbreaking, but more hopeful and beautiful. This love also makes his character more believable when he stays on the good side. I doubted his love for Lily could've have ever lasted for 20 years. But who knows.

You did a tremendous job with Charity. I felt she was characterized beautifully as a cheerful but naive Professor who wanted to bridge two worlds together. Her character development from a hopeful yet gullible girl to an independent woman with the same, reinforced ideals and dreams makes this story for me. Charity and Severus's love was believable and I ached when I suspected of the sad end to their story.

Sadly, it came to fruition. But I feel that the future Snape sees in Charity will come to light as well. Is this new Prince a child?

Well, I can't wait to read the next installment. I noticed the story hasn't been completed, which makes me a bit sad. But I'm glad this piece exists. This story reminds me of why I love fanfiction. They bring a new light to people from our favorite series. And with this new perspective, these characters will never truly die in our memories.

Thank you so much for writing this piece. I'm so happy I got over my own prejudices about original characters and gave it a go.
StarSpew chapter 2 . 3/12
I f-ing love this. Charity is so lovable yet gulliable but she's so so SWEET. When she started complimenting Filch's "muggle techniques, I started to feel bad for both of them :(((

XD Is she and Snape gonna fall in love or something? IDK but I wished I started reading this sooner.
Dylan S. Thompson chapter 28 . 3/1/2015
great story! well-written, wonderfully paced, and taking on an interesting and unique aspect of the novels.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/8/2012
:) lets go... CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY till we see the sunnnn i know we only nent but letspretend its looove
hobytla1 chapter 28 . 4/20/2012
I read this story in the past three days and I just want to say that I totally loved it! Reading the Harry Potter books, I wished that we could have learned more about what wizards learned exactly in a "Muggle Studies" class entails. I thought any teacher who would teach "Muggle Studies" would need a lot of courage, which is exactly what you portray in Charity. The Muggle Studies lessons you described were really funny, and I think capture the spirit of the books. A lot of the little background details you added about magical culture (shapeshifting clothes, muggle jokes, the interactions between the portraits) were cute and creative while feeling like they fit in Rowling's world.

You did a good job developing the character of Charity Burbage and her romance with Snape. Usually when a minor or OC female character has a romance with a guy character- especially a fan-favorite like Snape- the writer can get accused of writing a Mary Sue. I liked how you made Charity someone genuinely appealing who I believe Snape could have fallen for- but she's also vulnerable and confused in a lot of scenes. I also like that it's her ability to bridge the gap between communities, not any extraordinary magical powers, that makes her special. You also did a good job showing how exhausting and stressful it must have been for Snape to play double agent so long, and how brave he really was.

The ending was uplifting and really sad. I loved the memorial scene that you described and the speech about not forgetting the sacrifices made against evil. I see that you have another story about Charity- so I'm hoping maybe Snape's not gone for good? Or maybe she finds "A New Prince" in someone else? I will have to read it to find out!
LookingForChemistry chapter 23 . 3/13/2012
I read this chapter ages ago. like two years ago. and tonight I just remembered it,out of the blue,and had to,just had to, read it again. I doubt there's a finer snape romance on the whole internet.
Nyausi chapter 28 . 11/8/2011
(I'm chilean, so I'm sorry if my english is bad. I hope that you can understand it :P)

A few days ago I started looking fanfictions about Charity and I found one where she and Severus were a couple, I loved it! But there are only one in spanish and I had to explore another language options.

"Professor Burbage and the Potions Master" was the best discovery! It's a lovely history, interesting and inspiring (yes! I'm thinking in write the second fanfiction about them in spanish :D), the last chapter made me cry!. I couldn't stay without leaving a comment.

Now I'm started to read "Charity Burbage and the New Prince" soon I'll write a comment for this history.

My apologize again for my english.

Kisses!
Pearl chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
This was excellent! I thoroughly enjoyed reading it,thanks so much!
SerenaPotterSailorMoon chapter 28 . 4/28/2011
This was an amazing story! It made me cry, laugh, go ooo and awww. I used to think of severus snape as a mean, cruel teacher, but you've showed me that there was a part of him that is soft and actually kind. Good job and plz keep it up!
Deritine chapter 14 . 3/26/2011
I think I've figured out what bothers me about the retelling of canon fact (beyond previously stated). It makes Harmony sound like she is Muggleborn, when you earlier stated that she was pureblood. To make her seem like she is, maybe you could be more like 'she much preferred soccer because of a, b and c but quidditch did make her nostalgic' for example. Or 'Hogwarts curricula seemed much more extensive than her education had been, but ...'

And wishing for more Snape scenes. :D
Deritine chapter 13 . 3/26/2011
Hah! Jokes on them that rabbits have an atropinase and can, in fact, eat belladona without suffering ill effects. Though probably it should be avoided anyway. O.o
Deritine chapter 10 . 3/26/2011
I like the scene with Severus and Sirius, though you can probably just call him by name. And like I've said before, people who are reading a fanfic have almost certainly read the books (or at least seen the movies) so explaining canon/basic world ideas like animagi is not necessary and interrupts flow.

The other scene is interesting, too. But for both I would recommend deciding if you want to have the story be semi-omniscient or not. If yes, then put more scenes of other people in here from time to time. Otherwise it jars a bit. If not, keep to one perspective. Which is sort of an intriguing way to go, really, seeing the books from the 'other side' of a normal witch. Comments like her thinking Harry has PTSD induced hallucinations and her not knowing who to believe is interesting compared to other stories where everyone knows everything since the reader does, too.
Deritine chapter 9 . 3/26/2011
The story seems to have really picked up in quality these last few chapters. I do think it seems a bit unexpected, though, how they suddenly like each other. One night of drunkenness probably wouldn't totally crack the ice. Certainly kissing him (no matter how chastely) seems a bit too much. Possibly since there isn't a ton of description here. This story in many parts seems rather like a sketch or an outline. Which is daunting considering how long it already is lol. But perhaps if you ever get around to re-writing it as you say, then the scenes could be longer. Potentially hacking out redundant-to-the-book scenes about what is happening could keep it from being cumbersome. If you can gather the willpower to be so mean to your poor story. O.o