Reviews for Holding on to You
no offense but why was this listed as complete
David Fishwick chapter 23 . 2/17/2016
Nice idea and thanks for writing and I liked how you wrote the confrontation between Buffy and Angelus.
brendafay chapter 23 . 1/31/2016
Guest chapter 18 . 3/31/2013
I tried to read your story but I just don't like it
vampiressuck chapter 12 . 10/28/2010
Oh, yeah.

Pitchfork City, USA.

Pop: 1, Joss Whedon
RiverTheKittyKat chapter 22 . 8/24/2010
this is awesome just wished the relationship with spike and buffy had developed more cant wait to read the sequel :)
Thorn chapter 5 . 3/4/2010
cool I like Fait.h I hope she stays good in this story, I love it when she and Buffy are friends!
whatweareafreaidof chapter 23 . 12/5/2009
there are a few think i wanted to say..

one i belive buffy is a lot like faith, with out her friends she would go down a dark path, and some way she did in canon.

one you let spike kill people that means he is EVIL and they can stake him. i sorry but that is to big and if buffy letting this happen and she is then she deverve what she gets,

Wes tried to be a good guy, and form his point of view he is doing the right think, i hope he can stay with faith..

as for her firend i get that she does not want to go back to sunnydale but it seem kind of stupid to at least not talk to them, see if they can understand. they might.

why are faith not firend with them, i understnad willow but what about xander, ( he would be great friend for her, he would die for her and do anythink for her and never get laid)

i am not attacking your story and i have now problem with gray, i dont have a problem with spike, just dont let him kill innecent people.

one think i alwasy hated about buffy was they made the councle weak... come on they have billons of dollers,. how many people hunting vampire form them in the would a few thousand, witchs hourders, they can be very dangers and if that true, then they could say (we kill more deamons in one day then you did all the time you were the slayer, so stop acting like the world bows before you) maybe if buffy would talk to them they would pay her and help her out.

hope she talk to her firends.
Selina Novella chapter 14 . 9/12/2009
YES! I like Darla, I don't care what people say. I think being on opposite sides aside she and Buffy are a lot a like. So they'll either hit it off or bump heads a lot. All depends. The Wes Faith combo looks fun, like the Spuffy bit, looking forward to what you do to Angel(us?) and Darla. And if you bring Dru in. She'd know her Daddy and Grandmum are back anyway.
Selina Novella chapter 7 . 9/12/2009
Ha ha, Buffy's so twisted. She didn't care if Spike killed South Americans in season 2, and now she doesn't care if he kills people outside of LA. *snickers* she's a twisted slayer. I'm enjoying this very much. _
scottishfae chapter 1 . 6/3/2009
Congratulations! You've been rec'd!

The Reader's Have Chosen is a new fanfiction recommendation community dedicated to finding the best of the best in fandoms across the boards, and sharing them with other authors and avid readers. Your story, Holding on to You, has been rec'd and is now being voted on in the Monthly Poll (Buffy). Fellow fandom-aficionados will vote for their favorites of all the recommendations, and the stories with the most votes will be posted on the front page.

You can find our website at (without spaces): thereadershavechosen . eternflame . com

You can find the Buffy Monthly Poll at (without spaces): thereadershavechosen . eternflame forum / index . php ? topic 995.0

Thank you for sharing your work with us!
giggilymesh chapter 23 . 2/28/2009
I understand that writing fight scenes is a bitch, but yours was actually pretty good. But for basic understanding this is what you need to know: keeping an eye on your opponent is key. Have you ever noticed that in TV shows with fight scenes, where the hero is outnumbered 5:1, the bad guys wait their turn for attack? This would never happen in real life. In real life you take any advantage you can get, and you never take your eyes off your opponent. That's why if your gunna write scenes where Buffy and Spike fight together, it'll be more believable if they fight back to back. Less chances of bad guys gettin' the drop ya dig? O and another thing that was just buggin' the shit out of me; before when you were writing about how Buffy was in Brazil, and she's fighting bad guys and trying to make her quips...yeah they don't speak 'Brazillian' they speak Portuguese. O and when you punch somebody in the face with your fist, it hurts. For both you and the person your hitting. For us normal non-slayer folk, if we hit things repeatedly our knuckles would be bruised and bloody. Another thing...it's impossible to fight in leather pants. There's no flexibility in those things, they're hotter than hell, and uncomfortable as a bad fuck. People who think they can fight in leather pants have never tried. In fact sweat shrinks leather. Leathergood for motorcycles, bad for fighting. Speed is highly valued in a fight. In fact when your punching someone you don't close your fist completely until the last second before contact. Don't get me wrong strength is always a plus, but when your female speed and flexibility are the only things we have over males natural upper body strength. Shoes...this is something that's always irritated me about Buffy. Sarah Michelle Geller is really short, so they put her in heels a lot to give her that added hight, but no woman can run around and fight in heels and not have blisters to show for it. Boots are highly impracticle unless your talkin' hiking boots. Sneakers are the best, and heels are only good if you want to use them as a weapon...which would be funny in Buffy's case. Just imagine she's unarmed, in a club, somewhere out in Hollywood, wearing nothing but a slinky dress and stilettos, surrounded by bad guys. What does she do? Takes off her shoes and brandishes them like stakes, "Alright who wants a piece of this? Come on. I've got enough Guci to go around. Ruin my night off will ya. But I can't say it won't make for a great epitaph: Death by Footwear." And lets see what else? O when fighting, it helps to clench your jaw to prevent dislocation. You keep your power house hand near to your body while using the other to fend off, provoke or block. But for more information it's best if you establish a few contacts for yourself with people who know mixed martial arts. That or just watch a bunch of UFC.
brolly501 chapter 23 . 2/14/2009
good story
DramioneLurver chapter 23 . 2/3/2009
Oh, good to know that our Wes at least wasn't totally in on it... but still! He knew. And lied to Faith. And now you're gonna make him actually do something! That's fricking awesome! Can we say Angel season 3? But I'll miss goody-goody, innocent Wes. And what will poor Faith do? Anyhow, I gotta go run on down to the sequel... Once again, this is a fabulous story! Fanatastic job!
Reven Eid chapter 23 . 2/3/2009
Amber...your story is awesome I look forward to the continuation )