Reviews for New Rules
SergeantPixie chapter 6 . 6/3/2014
I have been looking for this story for like five years and I could actually cry because of how happy I am to have finally found it. It's just as good as it was five years ago, and I might've even enjoyed it more:) thank you for writing such an amazing piece, I agree, I don't think Blair could ever forger what Serena did to her.
eckomoon chapter 6 . 8/21/2012
Loved this. You know the characters so well. You're a great writer. I would have loved if this actually happened in the show.
FREAKTONIGHT chapter 6 . 1/10/2012
Wow, I really liked this. It was completely different than most fics, yet there was so much emotion, and I would say you have got the characters down very nicely. I like the slow addition of Chuck/Blair as well as the character perspective on Serena. Thank you.
primadonna001 chapter 6 . 12/4/2011
love this idea; blair somewhat did just give up and this is much more clever of her and I'd love it continued if you could
Chocolate414 chapter 6 . 1/17/2010
LUV...LUV...LUV IT... Please write a sequel
Cohlybrie chapter 6 . 8/24/2009
Oh now I read one of your first stories and I have to admit, it was wonderful to read!

How you captured B *SQUEAL* I love her character so much! He's one of the most interesting one to write about and you perfectly analyzed her, her actions, her behavior ..

And the curious different relationship of C & B, it's a little bit odd at first I was wondering and admiring it really you did a great job!

Which chapters I loved the most were definitely Chapter 3 & Chapter 6

“I don’t know.” She confesses and the words rip their way out of her throat, sounding jagged and broken.

He says nothing, just continues to watch her, and Blair wonders if he’s waiting to see her shatter.

This was one of my fav moments, I teared up it was such a awsome atomsphere and I just loved this Chapter!

And the end with Chuck her sentence with nobody uses her and he understands *crying* god I hate sad endings but there it was just ... fitting?

All in one I love this story, it's a little bit mysterious 'cause you never get fully in the head of B and thats good so. Love your writing style and your thoughs. A good piece of work (:
Shanynde chapter 6 . 6/4/2009
any chance you would consider writing a sequal to this wonderful story?
Sammiek chapter 6 . 11/9/2008
i would have liked to see it play out this way...

imo Blair and Serena made up way too soon

your way

is way better.
Noirreigne chapter 6 . 10/27/2008
I love how you ended this. It wouldn't have worked if B/C were automatically a couple. I love them together, but I want it to be right.

“She needs me, she uses me. I’m going to change that. I have to focus on changing that. No one uses me. Do you understand?”

I love this. She is taking her power back. I love even more that Chuck gets it. The stories ends with so much hope for the future.

This was a very satisfying read. Thanks!
Noirreigne chapter 5 . 10/27/2008
The girls froze as if sensing blood in the water; they sat up straighter, hands already on their cell phones as they shot sharp glances between the two of them.

lol! Love this.

Blair considered the statement. “Odd,” she said, the same ice in her smile tainting her voice, “Because you know, if we’re not speaking- then I’m not holding you back.”

Serena’s entire body flinched.

Blair kept her face impassive as she continued, her voice becoming tight to keep emotions out of it. “You’re free to… shine as brightly as you like… without having to…” she paused delicately, skimming her eyes over Serena’s entire form before continuing. “Bend over backwards… to protect my… feelings.”

Absolute WIN! I wish they would have had this conversation on the show. I can't think of anything better then seeing this play out on screen.

They were silent and still as statues for what felt like a long time; standing across from each other on the same step of the entrance to Constance Billard School for Girls, wearing their plaid skirts and white blouses, heads turned away from each other, their lunches and books strewn around them; a portrait of a shattered childhood friendship.

It is like the innocence of their friendship is forever lost.

This chapter was so cathartic.
Noirreigne chapter 4 . 10/27/2008
Awesome chapter.

It was so raw and intimate.

It is funny how Chuck is at such a loss by her refusing to play and games with him.
Noirreigne chapter 3 . 10/27/2008
When it happens three weeks later, when Serena stumbles, Blair can't follow through with nothing, she can’t stand back and watch her fall.

I knew this would happen. S needs B so much more the B needs S. The friendship is so unbalanced. What S did was unforgivable, but I don't think Blair would sit back and let something horrible happen to Serena.

She thinks maybe that makes her weak, but when Serena calls- confused, disoriented, asking her where Poppy was and how did you get out of here, Blair slides into her role without a backwards glance.

This is what makes her strong.
Noirreigne chapter 2 . 10/27/2008
Short chapter, but very powerful.

B let the smile on her face fade when she was out of sight. There was nothing fun about this game, nothing to smile about.

To win this game, she was going to have to let her sister fall.

And despite everything, she didn’t consider that something to smile about it.

Love this.
Noirreigne chapter 1 . 10/27/2008
Great chapter.

The haircut was a reminder to herself; it was a brave new world out there and she wouldn’t be caught unawares again.

I think it was a clever idea to have B cut her hair. It is the symbolic and literal way of shearing away the past. It was sad to picture those perfect coiffed curls discarded on the floor. I love B's hair.

I also like how you wove Serena's lines from 2x05 throughout. It made the reading that much more powerful.

“I’m tired of cleaning up your messes. I’m tired of catching you when you fall. I’m tired of helping the world think the illusion is real.” She hissed out loud at her reflection, not caring that there was no one to hear her, not caring that she was talking to herself.

I wish at some point we would have heard B say this on the show. This is what crossed my mind when I watched the end of 2x05.
kiki08 chapter 6 . 10/21/2008
aw

I wanted Chuck and Blair to get together

but oh well maybe next time

they hurt each other too much

I'm glad that Blair might forgive but she will never forget so Serena has to work to be there on Blair's good side

loved it