Reviews for Auburn & Ivory
NoxMortis chapter 1 . 11/8/2013
simply masterful
nijibug chapter 1 . 4/23/2011
Somehow you've managed to translate Mononoke's visual style into writing. Gorgeous.
Nakimochiku chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
can i just say that i adored this, it was fantastic, and perfectly shows the relationship between Medicine Seller and "his other self"? This was perfect in everyway. soft and poised, and thoughtful. i love it.
Gryphalcon chapter 1 . 1/1/2011
An Age passed within an hour...

My heart bursts with complex emotions for what you have writen; longing, affirmation, sorrow, piercing delight.

Thank you.
DeliciousAle chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
This has to be one of the most wonderfully written oneshots I've ever read.

I never thought there could be a fanfic that could actually capture the feeling and actual meaning of the anime.

Mononoke is one of my favorite series ever, and you my friend, accomplished to write it beautifully.

Your writing is amazing, and I'm sure that if the fandom was bigger than it is now, you'd have plenty fans just because of this story.

Kudos for this masterpiece, I enjoyed every word of it.
Ryeko-Dono chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
This is one of the most beautiful thing I read latelly! It gave me not only a fic that equals the Anime in its aura but a whole POINT OF VIEW about kusuriuri/demon relationship. (I hope you understand ((despite my awful english)) that a POINT OF VIEW sometimes is the best gift literature can ever provides).

Thank you so very much!

(Oh the beautiful and sexy and yaoi gore 333 It's so romantic and cute and scary. I can't explain. I feel like I could spend my whole night awake just imagining it.)

!

Ryeko
alan is stupid chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
Pardon my lack of eloquency, but... Dude, this is fuggin SICK!

So, I just recently watched all of Mononoke, and I was a bit weirded out when I saw there was fanfiction for it. I couldn't possibly imagine a fanfic that could ever portray the medicine man in-character, or truly capture the feeling of the show, but you did. With every phrase, you perfectly portrayed the disturbed, beautiful, hideous, carnal, dazing feel the show gives emanates. I couldn't imagine a fic doing it better than this one right here. Yours was the first that I read, and needless to say, I'm ridiculously impressed. It's so rare to find a fanfic of this caliber in any fandom, much less one as small as Mononoke, and I somehow doubt I'll be able to find another Mononoke fic as brilliant as this.

You deserve some sort of award for this one-shot. If the fandom was a bit bigger, I'm sure this would get 50 reviews, or perhaps more. On second thought, maybe I like it better this way... It's like the fanfiction's best kept secret. :)

Keep writing. You're obviously some sort of savant or prodigy or something.

-Audrey
cin425 chapter 1 . 7/3/2010
This is beautiful. Wonderful. Absolutely brilliant.

We never learn about his past but you paint a really fitting history for him. The language is great to. It really hits you.
elany chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
This story just draws itself before your eyes as you read it. And it makes a magnificent work of art. So vivid, intense and soft at the same time. It flows like a spilled colors and is such it creates the exact atmosphere of the anime. You did great job writing this. Thank you.

Keep up the good work
Nebelkind chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
Wow!

This story is really great!

Must have taken forever to write too!

I think that the medicine seller and his demon are really mysterious and you managed to make him mysterious and tell his entire stroy!

Really good!

lesson chapter 1 . 11/12/2009
f. this is so sensual and vivid at the same time, but also without being too overdramatic. just amazing.
Artfully Troublesome chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
'Auburn & Ivory', its first few sentences immediately ensnared me with its vividness. The choice of words for this work of art is genius. Alone, they hold no depth and value, but you put them together in such a way that it was marvelous. The whole tone, and simple yet incomprehensible descriptions made it a wilting beauty. I did not want it to end its brilliance. Thank you for sharing your masterpiece with us. Absolutely lovely. Take a bow, because I'm sure all your readers are clapping.

-AT
Fruitful Action chapter 1 . 10/15/2009
I do believe that this has become an instance in which I will never be able to separate canon from fanon. The way you've written this feels to me as if you've revealed Kusuriuri's Form, Truth, and Regret. "Auburn & Ivory" is a masterpiece, and I feel blessed to have read it. Thank you, for writing it.
Injection Of Love chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
That...was...AMAZING~!

HE~!

:O

I wanted some more graphic yaoi tho.. "

I'm such an addict..

Don't judge me D;
notquitethesame chapter 1 . 6/12/2009
AAHH. That was amazing. I's really difficult to find Mononoke fanfiction, much less GOOD fanfiction. Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed that. Thank you.