Reviews for To Hell and Back
killerkumquat chapter 2 . 9/27/2010
This is a FASCINATING au. It gave me chills and made me wonder. I'd love to read more, if you ever decide to do one or more one or two shots in this 'verse.
The Genesis Awards chapter 1 . 2/14/2009
I am extraordinarily pleased to inform you that your story, To Hell and Back, has been nominated for The Genesis Awards Best Alternate Universe Category. The Genesis Awards exists to reward the authors of FFVII fanfiction that show a certain standard of grammar and formatting, relevance to canon and characterization. Your story was nominated by Pen Against Sword and passed to the judging rounds because of the quality your story possesses. On April 15th, the Shortlisting for the Genesis Awards will take place, and on June 15th the final results will be tallied and posted.

If you have any questions or comments, please visit our Fan Fiction Net Profile or The Genesis Awards forum.

Congratulations, and good luck.

Best Regards,

Sai, Co-Admin of The Genesis Awards
Youko-Kokuryuuha chapter 2 . 1/27/2009
So, I never reviewed this, Nagia, and I thought it was about time that I did-guilty conscience, y'know.

Praise-worthy prose, to be honest. It's hard, sometimes, for an AU to really strike out and grab your attention while still remaining true to the original set and mold of the characters (I'm finding this quite difficult myself), but you did so infallibly.

Yuffie, though slightly sadistic and cruel, is very much so Yuffie in all of her witticism and energy; Vincent is still Vincent, muddled broodings and self-contradicting/questioning thoughts and all.

I love how you set the preface to this, how you laid the foundation for what was to come. The OC you made use of in Kisaragi no Kouhei was well played; I think she really helped to show why Yuffie could grow into such a Yuffie, and where her burning strive for Wutai would have originated.

(Incidentally, I think Yuffie's enjoyment of beating Vincent was a good substitute for her enjoyment of pilfering and materia.)

So, to reiterate all that I've said above, this story rocked my socks and I quite enjoyed it. Very well written, Nagia, and a definite favorite.

~Koky
indigochipmunk chapter 2 . 12/16/2008
That was possibly the creepiest thing I've read in a while, and one of the best.
Pen Against Sword chapter 2 . 10/15/2008
I loved it, nagia, simply loved it. It's going to take me a little while to divine the actual point of it, but nevertheless, it's one of my favorites that you've written, I think, and I don't normally enjoy AUs.

I like the idea of a Vincent meeting a Yuffie in another universe, two people having never encountered each other and getting to know each other through a different course of events than in the game.

I think it was interesting the way you developed Yuffie so that she still had that same core characterization, but she was marked by being influenced by her mother her whole life instead of her father.

One part I particularly liked was: "Vincent swallowed at the way the thigh slits on the dress shifted as she moved." I don't know, it's almost like it ups the twistedness in their relationship. He's her prisoner, her torture-ee, and yet, despite that, he can notice and appreciate (I use the term loosely) her physical attractiveness. Very interesting.

Saw one mistake. At the end, there's a typo. "Staight" should be "straight."

And now I'm done being long-winded! But I thought this deserved some praise, so here you go. Thanks for writing, Nagia - I always enjoy your take on things.
Qualia Des chapter 2 . 10/9/2008
Twisted, but very nice. I like. :)