Reviews for In the Case of Asuka Langley Sohryu
its okay but It honestly felt like a rei and asuka pairing.
There was so much detail about asuka Asia and Rei's bond, with just a hint of asuka and shinji being together.
AGK572 chapter 18 . 4/20
Kayla Elliott chapter 4 . 4/7
Rei's voice being hoarse? More like monotone and soft, like a whisper almost, most of the time.
This is some garbage tier shit right here.
x-izziechan-x chapter 18 . 11/19/2016
This is the best fan fiction I've ever read. Beyond your skillful writing, I adore the way you weaved many canon events into your story: it read like a happier version of NGE. I've always wondered where the psychologists were, and I'm so happy you addressed that in this story. Bravo, Bravo!
Flamewulf chapter 18 . 7/30/2015
Excellent depiction of Asuka. Many thanks for sharing your story with us.
Gemini011 chapter 18 . 2/27/2013
All right! Completely redeemed! I am so glad I pushed through chapter 14 (and 15 too, though it wasn't nearly so bad as 14) and finished this. Honestly I think you should give thought to rewriting chapter 14, because it really doesn't hold up to the quality of the rest of the fic.

I am very glad so see that you were able to recapture the quality of writing and storytelling that you demonstrated in the early chapters. Very satisfied with your ending. :)

Thanks for writing!
Gemini011 chapter 16 . 2/27/2013
Really liked the reveal of Asuka's mom.

Things are looking better since chapter 14, here's hoping you kept it up till the end!
Gemini011 chapter 14 . 2/27/2013

When I started this fic, I was really enjoying the concept, and the character treatment of Asuka. The interactions were neat, and Dr. Tamako was an interesting foil for Asuka. The little changes to how the pilots were interacting made sense, and made for an interesting prospect for the future of the story.

Leading up to this chapter, though, there have been more and more changes to the underlying setting. I've been hesitant about more and more elements, not least the whole merging with the angels thing. Even considering how much of a difference psychological counseling could make in her ability to express and act on emotions, Rei has felt more and more out of character as the chapters progress (she is very free with the confidential information, for example... security clearance? What's that?).

And then this chapter. The introduction of Kaworu. For me, the writing is really starting to fall apart here. There's a lot of exposition, some odd characterization, a fundamental change to the goal of the angels (!). Also, having Asuka ask Kaworu if he's gay because he grabs Shinji by the shoulders seems really weird and random... he hasn't really done anything to indicate that at this point. Grabbing his hands might have been different, or if you described him as getting really close to Shinji's face or something. Anyway.

All in all, this chapter feels either lazy or rushed, definitely not up to par with the previous chapters. Like you either couldn't be bothered to make it work better, or got stuck here and needed to just get it out of the way so you could finish the story.

I'll do my best to see it through to the end (after all, I've come this far and at this point I feel like I owe it to you to see how you finish, rather than just leaving it at this).
Ranma-sensei chapter 18 . 1/15/2013
Wow, this is beautiful. I know it sounds corny, but reading this I feel at peace with the world. Keep up the good work, and update "The Little Angel" soon!

Ja ne,
Ran
Jozern chapter 18 . 5/30/2012
Wow, just wow. One amazing story. I really enjoyed reading it. Only critic: the ending felt a bit rushed, the "oh heres this and that and those too" explanations of things, the easy shurgging it off as "oh allright" kind left out of place but the the last chapter was so incredible it saved the ending. Very well written and a great story.
Velorafe chapter 18 . 11/9/2011
Bravo! Magnificent story.

Bravo for making such a wonderful story. Asuka and the psychologist are quite fascinating together. It is so good to see Asuka confronting her demons with others. This story is very beautiful and moving. Thank you for sharing it with us.
RandomNumbers523156 chapter 18 . 9/10/2011
Not bad, in spite of some factual errors (the EVAs can synchronize up to 400%) and other things, I truly enjoyed, that people actually cared about Asuka and the others, good story!