Reviews for In the Case of Asuka Langley Sohryu
Gemini011 chapter 18 . 2/27/2013
All right! Completely redeemed! I am so glad I pushed through chapter 14 (and 15 too, though it wasn't nearly so bad as 14) and finished this. Honestly I think you should give thought to rewriting chapter 14, because it really doesn't hold up to the quality of the rest of the fic.

I am very glad so see that you were able to recapture the quality of writing and storytelling that you demonstrated in the early chapters. Very satisfied with your ending. :)

Thanks for writing!
Gemini011 chapter 16 . 2/27/2013
Really liked the reveal of Asuka's mom.

Things are looking better since chapter 14, here's hoping you kept it up till the end!
Gemini011 chapter 14 . 2/27/2013

When I started this fic, I was really enjoying the concept, and the character treatment of Asuka. The interactions were neat, and Dr. Tamako was an interesting foil for Asuka. The little changes to how the pilots were interacting made sense, and made for an interesting prospect for the future of the story.

Leading up to this chapter, though, there have been more and more changes to the underlying setting. I've been hesitant about more and more elements, not least the whole merging with the angels thing. Even considering how much of a difference psychological counseling could make in her ability to express and act on emotions, Rei has felt more and more out of character as the chapters progress (she is very free with the confidential information, for example... security clearance? What's that?).

And then this chapter. The introduction of Kaworu. For me, the writing is really starting to fall apart here. There's a lot of exposition, some odd characterization, a fundamental change to the goal of the angels (!). Also, having Asuka ask Kaworu if he's gay because he grabs Shinji by the shoulders seems really weird and random... he hasn't really done anything to indicate that at this point. Grabbing his hands might have been different, or if you described him as getting really close to Shinji's face or something. Anyway.

All in all, this chapter feels either lazy or rushed, definitely not up to par with the previous chapters. Like you either couldn't be bothered to make it work better, or got stuck here and needed to just get it out of the way so you could finish the story.

I'll do my best to see it through to the end (after all, I've come this far and at this point I feel like I owe it to you to see how you finish, rather than just leaving it at this).
Ranma-sensei chapter 18 . 1/15/2013
Wow, this is beautiful. I know it sounds corny, but reading this I feel at peace with the world. Keep up the good work, and update "The Little Angel" soon!

Ja ne,
Ran
Jozern chapter 18 . 5/30/2012
Wow, just wow. One amazing story. I really enjoyed reading it. Only critic: the ending felt a bit rushed, the "oh heres this and that and those too" explanations of things, the easy shurgging it off as "oh allright" kind left out of place but the the last chapter was so incredible it saved the ending. Very well written and a great story.
Velorafe chapter 18 . 11/9/2011
Bravo! Magnificent story.

Bravo for making such a wonderful story. Asuka and the psychologist are quite fascinating together. It is so good to see Asuka confronting her demons with others. This story is very beautiful and moving. Thank you for sharing it with us.
RandomNumbers523156 chapter 18 . 9/10/2011
Not bad, in spite of some factual errors (the EVAs can synchronize up to 400%) and other things, I truly enjoyed, that people actually cared about Asuka and the others, good story!
chunnin33 chapter 18 . 12/30/2010
An excellent story with a great beginning, middle and ending. The development of the characters and the effect the trips to the pyscologist have on said development is excellent, with the storyline developing well. Great grammar pertained within stories is always a plus

Keep up the good work Elite. chunnin33
justbehappydammit chapter 18 . 12/13/2010
This was great. Wonderfully written.
Pplui chapter 18 . 9/11/2010
This story is really good. You did a great job, especcially the way you wrotte Asuka thoughs. I really enjoyed the story!Greetings!
LookinForLuk chapter 17 . 6/24/2010
This has been an awesome story! The only things I don't like is how some words are overused (but Its not THAT annoying just a little :P) and how you seemed to use koworu as a quick fix to the ending...but overall good job :)
Prosthetic Forehead chapter 7 . 3/23/2010
I am going to be sorely disappointed if this mary sue psychologist doesn't turn out to be nefarious and manipulative. She's too perfect, orchestrating vast changes in the character's personalities underhandedly. It's pissing me off they can't see it.

Not that I'm saying it's right or wrong, but that they should be aware of the fact they're being manipulated, suggested, changed to the doctor's appeal to normalcy and "mental health". There was nothing wrong with Asuka at the beginning of the story, nothing that needed to be changed. Perhaps she wasn't happy, perhaps she wasn't the best pilot she could be. but the doctor had no right to intervene like that. The three are foolish to trust a NERV psychologist with their hearts, is my point.
Tri-Emperor of The Twilight chapter 18 . 3/20/2010
Great story.
HopelessRomanticist chapter 18 . 2/27/2010
Amazing... just amazing. This story was pure, pure awesomeness. I WISH I could write with a fraction of this skill. I salute you.
Claudita chapter 4 . 1/22/2010
This story is simply amazing. I'm addicted to your writing and the way you go deep into Asuka's character is flawless. I especially like how little by little she is opening up about her true feelings to Dr. Tamako, and the way the Dr. subtly helps her to get those feelings out. I also liked the way you analyzed her buried feelings about her kiss with Shinji, and how you are able to show that part of Asuka that we cannot see in the anime. Congrtulations, this is astounding!

Claudita