Reviews for The Curse
unobtrusivescribe chapter 8 . 11/7/2011
This story was hilarious, great job!
PrincessGBRS chapter 8 . 6/25/2010
Hahahahaha! Best Halloween story ever!
Wyntirsno chapter 8 . 4/30/2010
This is another very funny story. I loved that Joe was convinced about the curse and Frank was totally against the idea. It was great when they kept going back and forth about it. I loved the last chapter, it was so funny to see the Realtor deflate every theory Frank had. Then the end when Joe said the curse was over and Frank tore after him. lol Great!
jllfish chapter 8 . 10/16/2009
Very creative writing. i loved that fact that no mystery was there, just over imagination of our favorite boys (men). i have enjoyed all your stories, still have 4 or 5 to read, but i enjoyed this one for the humor-i hope you do more stories like this. thanks for making my nights wonderful with your tales. joe is my fav too. miss those casefiles, too bad they don't open that series again.
niver chapter 8 . 12/25/2008
Ah man. Very hilarious story.
Miss Fenway chapter 8 . 11/2/2008
HAHA. That was so funny. "Frank made me do it!" Joe sounded like a five-year-old there!
josie hardy chapter 8 . 11/2/2008
"It could be the curse," Joe said, walking up behind Frank.

Frank closed his eyes, silently counted to ten and reminded himself Joe had just saved his life and it was against the law to murder your own brother. - lol! :D

Everyone remained silent, waiting for Frank’s response. - you gotta admire him, he hasn't even slapped him yet. :p

"Do I have to?" he asked uncomfortably. "No one was supposed to be up in the attic to begin with."

"That didn’t seem to bother you when you wanted us to check out the noise," Frank reminded him, forcing the cell phone on him. "Now call." - aw, poor Chet :p

As Frank looked away, Joe stuck his tongue out at Frank’s back, causing Vanessa to erupt in giggles. Slowly, Frank gazed back over his shoulder at Joe and looked at him accusingly.

"What?" Joe asked, wide-eyed and innocent. - uh huh. Totally innocent. Methinks someone's got a slightly crooked halo there.

"I don’t know," Frank admitted, "but it’s the only logical explanation," he finished, putting an emphasis on the word logical. - yes Joe. And curses are illogical. Get it? Got it? Good!

"Oh, really?" Fenton glanced at Joe’s bandaged hands and arched an eyebrow. - lol :D

"That hole in the floor of the attic was deliberately cut," she said, obviously annoyed. "By our construction crew! We’re renovating the attic and the basement, and building a large spiral staircase to connect the two. The foreman likes to sit in the rocker and enjoy the view out the window when he eats lunch." - well you can't get much more logical and un-curse-y than that :P

"Well, Frank told me to do it!" Joe replied sounding for all the world like a six year old who just got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. - aw :D

"WHAT?" Sarah cried out in disbelief, then whirled on Fenton. "Are your sons always this much trouble?" - LOL :D Poor Fenton

He had put away his pen and notebook several minutes earlier and was now watching in amusement as Frank and Joe tried to talk their way out of the situation. - that's not nice, Con :p

"The hidden meaning is… you two need to learn how to relax and have some fun." He smiled. "Stop seeing something sinister around every corner." - meanie. But he has a point :D

Con looked at the brothers, shaking his head and muttering something about trouble and magnets, before getting into his car and driving away. - trouble? Magnets? Where? :P

As Joe took off running towards the house with his brother in hot pursuit, Fenton erupted in laughter wondering if Joe would be the final victim of the curse, having met his untimely demise at the hands of an older brother who had been pushed too far… - lol! Great ending, and a nice little story! :D
whitetigers chapter 8 . 10/31/2008
"It could be the curse," Joe said, walking up behind Frank.

-Yeah, you can't kill him just yet. The story's not done! :D

"But it doesn’t explain the rope," Frank said, refusing to give up on his theory. "After we pulled Joe up out of the hole in the floor, we checked out the open window. There was a rope hanging down from the roof, just above the window. I climbed up the rope…"

"If she only knew," Con commented under his breath. He had put away his pen and notebook several minutes earlier and was now watching in amusement as Frank and Joe tried to talk their way out of the situation.

-ROTFLOL! That was so hilarious!

-That was just too funny. You spread out the annoyance of Joe's always mentioning the curse just right, through out the story which made it all the funnier when you get to the end.

Bravo for a really great hollween story!
whitetigers chapter 7 . 10/31/2008
"Why?" Joe protested, concerned that Frank was willingly opening himself up to whatever their as yet unknown enemy had planned. "That’s reckless and a stupid thing to do!"

"Uh… pot? Kettle? Black?" Frank couldn’t help but smile.

-*snickers* Yeah, that was an obvious statement!

Seeing nothing but the rope tied around the chimney, his curiosity was satisfied. Frank took hold of the rope once again and gently lowered himself over the edge of the roof. Feeling for the windowsill, he placed first one foot on the edge and then the other. Just as he released the rope, one of his feet slipped off the windowsill!

"Frank!" he heard Joe cry out.

Instinctively, Frank threw himself forward towards the window, but quickly lost his footing completely. With a cry, he grabbed for anything solid, his fingers just skimming the edge of the window. For a split second, he panicked as he realized he was about to fall four stories to the hard cement below, when suddenly he was jerked to a stop.

-Geez! Give me a heartattack! I thought he was a goner there for a minute.

Walking towards the door, he called to Joe over his shoulder. "I’ll meet you downstairs…" He paused waiting for a reply, but heard none.

"….if you ever come up for air," he growled and made his way down the stairs, mumbling something about public displays of affection.

Joe and Vanessa, in their own little world, didn’t even know Frank had left…

-Yup, that's our Joe! Loved the humor in this chapter. It was well done.
HelenLouise chapter 8 . 10/31/2008
Oh that was utterly brilliant!

This had me chuckling throughout - and this conclusion was no exception.

It was all so cleverly done and I just loved how everything got sorted so logically.

What an amazingly clever and unique story that was.

Thank you so much for sharing it with us.
TraSan chapter 8 . 10/29/2008
LOL - so cute! I loved it!

Awesome ending.
penguincrazy chapter 8 . 10/29/2008
great ending, i like how everything had an explantion. happy halloween!
AliciaLily chapter 8 . 10/29/2008

-Uh, Frank? I think it's against the law to murder ANYBODY. lol..

Oh, hilarious! I love it! Great story Red, really! Very funny...and of course, the boys are looking for trouble where there isn't any. :)
AliciaLily chapter 7 . 10/29/2008
uh oh...why do I get a bad feeling about your little "..." there at the end? Should I be worried?

On to the next!
AliciaLily chapter 6 . 10/29/2008
This line:

Joe was hanging from the end of a piece of wood, swinging precariously as the wood creaked and groaned under his weight.

and this line:

Attempting to get a more solid hold on the slim piece of wood, Joe readjusted his grip and yelped in pain when a nail pierced his hand.

...make me pretty suspicious as to whether or not your Author's note has any truth to it...I know you Red...you're a tricky one!

"Everybody’s a comedian," Joe mumbled-AW! I love your sense of humor Joe!

The nail went in deeper? Holy Moses!

"I’ve already seen it up close and personal, thanks."-that's our Joe! lol...This story reminds me so much of the casefiles...not of one particular one, I just mean that the boys personalities match the casefiles so perfectly. I love it!

They were set up! Dun, dun dun! (and I secretly laughed a little at the "who else-the Hardys, as usual" line :).)

Great chapter! On to the next!