Reviews for Sonnets for a praetor
AngelicRose8 chapter 2 . 3/13/2012
LOVE chapter 2. Shuyin, you crazy S.O.B. lol. But I love these. They're all really good.
Icicle Streams chapter 1 . 1/29/2010
I read this again for the first time in a while. Some of the lines are amazing! The one with captain hook was a bit 'um, ok' but I like these sonnets anyway. That line:

Forelonging shadows have haunted my life,

One of a pistol and one of the knife .

and the one with rikku:

Yet this fairytale will never be read,

One of the Yevonite and the Al Bhed.

love those endings!
LucksFullmoon chapter 10 . 8/17/2009
I didn't know they had "Peter Pan" Sphera"

Not quite done yet, but good so far

And maby a Paine from her day's in the Crimson Squad?
Songsa chapter 11 . 5/20/2009
Wow, that was pretty cool. Seymour is as creepy as his name is funny. D

Also, I never reviewed your last poem- the one I requested. It was pretty good. I felt that you kept Brother very in character.

These poems are all very creative. I'd love to hear another Paine to Baralai one. Never enough of that.
Miss-Lovegoodx chapter 10 . 1/30/2009
Good chapter!

Update soon!
Songsa chapter 8 . 1/30/2009
I really liked this one. It was kind of creepy, but really cool. I may be a bit dense, but I'm not sure I quite understand it completely. Mostly it was him comparing Baralai to a baby. Is this him actually looking upon Baralai when he was a baby and somehow knowing what he would grow up to be? Or is he just spitefully comparing him to a baby because he's so much younger than him?
johnnys93 chapter 1 . 1/28/2009
Wow! you wrote in iambic pentameters...

The poems are really good, i enjoyed them
Songsa chapter 2 . 1/26/2009
I'd say this one is my favorite. I especially like this line:

"My shadow is the hand that muffles your screams,"

Chilling...

I also like the first Nooj one. Very dark, but very creative. Well done.
Songsa chapter 5 . 1/26/2009
Aww, this one was cute. I like how Shelinda was the one to help Baralai when he got shot. I've never read that take before.
Mandy I Am chapter 5 . 10/19/2008
"The next day you left, a tired Goodbye,

and your exhausted 'Thank you' stayed at heart.

I didn't know if you would give up,die.

But we carried on living, dreams apart."

That part left a somber vision in my mind, especially the line

"I didn't know if you would give up, die". Definitely continue writing these sonnets. They're nice to read. :)
Mandy I Am chapter 4 . 10/17/2008
You have a good set of sonnets here. You mention that you're running out of characters, why not have one from Shelinda to Baralai? It could be about a woman who idolizes the Praetor and and wants to personally meet him to interview him. On the other hand, it could be about a secret crush from afar. :) Just throwing in some suggestions and ideas.
Miss-Lovegoodx chapter 1 . 10/10/2008
aw thats sweet. and no, i am not shocked lol