Reviews for Sonnets for a praetor
Danko Kaji chapter 14 . 8/30
Wonderful poem! I could really hear Paine's voice in this.

And this is exactly how I imagine a romantic relationship between them. Like, I don't doubt they could have developed some feelings of attraction and affection, but because they are so different, I can't see them ever working out. Never mind the fact they're my notp, there was evidence in the game that although Baralai might have liked Paine (and showed her the most kindness in their Crimson Squad days), Paine never learned to respect (let alone love) his religious/political identity.

Aaah, I'm babbling. I didn't mean to tear them down. I fancied the idea of Baralai/Paine before Yuna/Baralai entered my life. I enjoyed your re-entry to Fandom poetry and how you depicted these two.
AngelicRose8 chapter 2 . 3/13/2012
LOVE chapter 2. Shuyin, you crazy S.O.B. lol. But I love these. They're all really good.
Icicle Streams chapter 1 . 1/29/2010
I read this again for the first time in a while. Some of the lines are amazing! The one with captain hook was a bit 'um, ok' but I like these sonnets anyway. That line:

Forelonging shadows have haunted my life,

One of a pistol and one of the knife .

and the one with rikku:

Yet this fairytale will never be read,

One of the Yevonite and the Al Bhed.

love those endings!
LucksFullmoon chapter 10 . 8/17/2009
I didn't know they had "Peter Pan" Sphera"

Not quite done yet, but good so far

And maby a Paine from her day's in the Crimson Squad?
Songsa chapter 11 . 5/20/2009
Wow, that was pretty cool. Seymour is as creepy as his name is funny. D

Also, I never reviewed your last poem- the one I requested. It was pretty good. I felt that you kept Brother very in character.

These poems are all very creative. I'd love to hear another Paine to Baralai one. Never enough of that.
Miss-Lovegoodx chapter 10 . 1/30/2009
Good chapter!

Update soon!
Songsa chapter 8 . 1/30/2009
I really liked this one. It was kind of creepy, but really cool. I may be a bit dense, but I'm not sure I quite understand it completely. Mostly it was him comparing Baralai to a baby. Is this him actually looking upon Baralai when he was a baby and somehow knowing what he would grow up to be? Or is he just spitefully comparing him to a baby because he's so much younger than him?
johnnys93 chapter 1 . 1/28/2009
Wow! you wrote in iambic pentameters...

The poems are really good, i enjoyed them
Songsa chapter 2 . 1/26/2009
I'd say this one is my favorite. I especially like this line:

"My shadow is the hand that muffles your screams,"

I also like the first Nooj one. Very dark, but very creative. Well done.
Songsa chapter 5 . 1/26/2009
Aww, this one was cute. I like how Shelinda was the one to help Baralai when he got shot. I've never read that take before.
Mandy I Am chapter 5 . 10/19/2008
"The next day you left, a tired Goodbye,

and your exhausted 'Thank you' stayed at heart.

I didn't know if you would give up,die.

But we carried on living, dreams apart."

That part left a somber vision in my mind, especially the line

"I didn't know if you would give up, die". Definitely continue writing these sonnets. They're nice to read. :)
Mandy I Am chapter 4 . 10/17/2008
You have a good set of sonnets here. You mention that you're running out of characters, why not have one from Shelinda to Baralai? It could be about a woman who idolizes the Praetor and and wants to personally meet him to interview him. On the other hand, it could be about a secret crush from afar. :) Just throwing in some suggestions and ideas.
Miss-Lovegoodx chapter 1 . 10/10/2008
aw thats sweet. and no, i am not shocked lol