Reviews for Desperate Measures
flikaroo chapter 1 . 2/16/2015
This really ties into the Good Genes story nicely. I enjoy all the insights sprinkled throughout too. A great little oneshot!
MsMarvelDuckie chapter 1 . 11/5/2014
I like this- nice little "behind-the-scenes" take on the Good Genes arc, and I like the different points of view and the way it sort of time-skips through the entire arc with the flashbacks. Great way to pull it off!
Mauserson chapter 1 . 6/28/2013
THIS. IS. AMAZING. Mausy like.
madagascarmaster chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
D'aw!
Thundera Tiger chapter 1 . 2/5/2009
Wow. The Outbreak story arc is one of my favorite from TMNT, and this back-and-forth of missing scenes is fantastic! I love the way you switched up the POV, giving everybody a chance to watch Don's downward spiral and weigh in with their two cents. I also love how you tied in Leo's knowledge of the helicopter. That was some slick writing. But far and away my favorite parts were the segments of Don's POV as he finally realizes what's happening to him. There's a wonderful sense of panic and desperation, and it feels so right that he uses those last moments of sentience to put as much distance as possible between himself and April and Casey. Fantastic gapfiller! I've been looking for something like this for a long time!
Willowfly chapter 1 . 10/12/2008
When I saw that you updated, I was seriously freaking out! I was like "Desperate Measures... But that's a oneshot!" and Lo and Behold, you have refurbished it!

Now I had mixed emotions about this... Desperate Measures is seriously one of my favorite stories on the site, hands down, no protest. And I'm a very picky person- ask anyone!

But this refubished version, I have to admit with complete honesty, did not have the same effect as the origonal. Sure it was filled out in parts, and I do like that you used flash backs of your own creation instead of direct quotes, but still... I'm craving the orgional by far. It was just... so painfully good!

The few things i do like about this version is, like I said, the flashbacks, and that you took the fic a little farther into the aftermath. Also, you kept in tact my favorite lines in the origonal "desperate times call for desperate measures," "This hour is reserved for sleeping, partying and bad horror movies only," etc. etc. Also, Leonardo welding the armor for Donny and Raph's little heart-to-heart were still in tact. Woot!

I do like how you elaborated on Raph's scene, but I didn't particularly enjoy Leo comparing himself to Don's situation. But that's just my opinion. I also didn't quite like the bed at the end, the origional was so cute with Donny trying his best to curl up in the uncomfortable seat.

Anyways... I rambled. A LOT. But I think you're a genius and it's well worth the effort, especially since I've read the origonal at least 10 times over and over whenever I need my Good Genes fix (not even an exaduration!)

Thank you so much for writing it!

Much Love,

Willowfly
Deana chapter 1 . 10/11/2008
Another excellent story! You covered everything that I wish we'd seen in the episodes! More Donny stories please! ;)