Reviews for a life on repeat
Windbreak chapter 1 . 11/13/2013
OH MY GOSH this was amazing... At first I didn't get it, but then I read it from end to start, and then everything made sense and seriously, you're such a great writer. I'd love to write like this someday. The story just flowed so well and it was breathtakingly beautiful and poetic.
TangerineTea chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
pretty, like all cracked things.
heylalaa chapter 1 . 5/28/2010
really nice!

such a tragic end. ;_; and love the backwards style here.
ghostlily chapter 1 . 7/8/2009
This is brilliant. The imagery, the little stylistic quirks, and the backwards structure are so unique, and you make it all flow together beautifully. The way you use fragments and run-on sentences to create a fleeting tone is simply masterful.

I love your interpretation of Shiki's death and her relationship with Eri. The fact that you've taken an overlooked event and a rather flat character and created such an insightful, hard-hitting piece of writing really demonstrates your skill as a writer. Kudos.

Fav'd for sure. 3
Azalee chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
This is what I've needed ever since playing week 1~ *insert heart here*
Teh Psycho chapter 1 . 2/18/2009
That was simply the most beautiful, amazing, -perfect- fanfiction I have ever read in my life. Every aspect of it.
firelights chapter 1 . 12/7/2008
God.

This is so amazing I can barely put it into words- seriously; and you wrote Eri so perfectly, you didn't butcher her one bit; and part ii. was so beautiful, the way you described Shiki as running-

God. This is just amazing.

Definite fave.
Kuro - fishkro.livejournal.com chapter 1 . 12/2/2008
I absolutely loved this. -Loved. It.-

Don't even know where to begin complimenting now.

First off, you didn't butcher Eri. Eri is supposed to be a really fun-loving girl who's cheerful all the time and well-liked, much, much like Shiki at the beginning, remember? But you showed us another side of her, no one can be cheerful all the time, and we all hide our darker sides from others, so in doing so you actually fleshed Eri out, and I really really like that.

Second - Your descriptions completely won me over.

"Her cell phone hits the pavement and shatters into a hundred million pieces that’ll never be again.

Like Shiki."

Such impact. I shake my head in awe.

Last; your writing style? Keep it up. I love it. It's thoughtful and impactful and car-crash kinds of awesome.

Also; the way you described Shiki as Eri's princess made me want to cry.
Mrs. Abject chapter 1 . 10/10/2008
Ooh, I really liked the way this travelled back from where it ended up for Eri to where it started with the misunderstanding. The little images you put in, like about the broken phone and the rusty sewing needles, really make it vivid and pretty (or not so pretty sometimes, but that worked too).

In short, you did a much better job with grieving Eri than I did, ha ha. I hope you'll be writing more for TWEWY?
PMiller1 chapter 1 . 10/10/2008
Love it.
Just another reviewer chapter 1 . 10/9/2008
Beautiful, poetic prose. The sentences flowed so well, and the way things unfolded was so achingly tragic. Not a word was out of place, and the overall pacing was fine in my eyes. The story's chronology, though, was pretty confusing when I read it from top to bottom, but the sentences were still effective in hammering home the feelings of grief and regret from a simple misunderstanding. Eri was basically a flat character in the game, but her relationship with Shiki always intrigued me; so I'm glad to find fanfiction, like yours, that does justice to her character, and their friendship (with that more-than-just-good-friends vibe, of course).

Finally, I loved how the theme of death was portrayed. The fleeting paragraphs and the short length of the entire story somehow adds to the memento mori feeling I get, what with the ephemeral quality of death itself. Heartfelt kudos to your prowess as a writer.

Oh, and as an addendum: that allusion to Snow White and her eternal slumber made me smile and grimace at the same time, when I understood the comparison. (I loved it!)