Reviews for Mind the Gap
shimmerinstars chapter 1 . 2/21/2012
"Metamorphosis" was one of my favorite S 4 episodes as Sam finally found his voice and was standing up to Dean and explaining why he doesn't tell him things and opening up on what it feels like to be a freak. I know its your story to tell the way you see it but I have to strongly disagree Sam did care very much about Jack's well being. The man had not killed yet so there was a chance of saving him. Of course there is in Sam's mind the thought if he can save Jack he can save himselfbut that didn't mean Sam didn't care. And his caring was seen in many ways and in the little details like insisting Dean call Jack by his name as hes a person and Dean was on board with saving jack too but Travis screwed that chance up by not being able to see past his black and white mentality.

Not that its right for Sam to keep things from Dean but with the way Dean treats him its understandable and the constant remarks by Dean on how Sam's psychic crap scares the hell out of him well what exactly does he think its doing to Sam as Sam is the one that its happening to after his mother unknowingly sold him to the devil.

Sam was probably mortified and scared to tell Dean what the YED showed him with his dripping the demon blood in his mouth as a baby the night their Mom died. Knowing full well how Dean would react to him being proved to be a freak with demon blood flowing in his veins and I get Dean had a right to be mad Sam kept such a big thing from him but Dean should have offered something to Sam other than his anger.

I wished in Metamorphosis they continued from that scene after Sam yelled at Dean to pull over and Sam finally was opening up on not liking the way Dean looks at him and treats him and what it feels like to be a freak and how he was dong his best to do some good with this curse and when Dean was finally putting aside his fears and upbringing and was starting to listen.

Too bad this show took another direction and not stayed with this
Linnie McCary chapter 1 . 2/18/2009
Loved the title and its connection with the last sentence. Also? Great, believable dialogue. Sad. True. *sniff*
amyblair chapter 1 . 1/18/2009
Man, that was good. Metamorphosis has become my favorite episode in SN history. I loved this. I loved that you go to Sam revealing that it was back in Cold Oak that he was 'shown' his crib and the bleeding in his "rosebud lips" (adored that description). Loved that you had Dean ask one important question and how Sam answered it, skirting it, but answered it.

Very well written. Nice job.
Bundibird chapter 1 . 1/10/2009
great last line - "apparently olive branches werent strong enough to build a bridge with." that was a really good way to finish yet another great story. :)

love bundi
Von chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
'Apparently olive branches weren't strong enough to build a bridge with.'

Ohh I like that line.

Fantastic stuff!
Rinne chapter 1 . 10/27/2008
Awesome. Simply awesome. Perfect characterisation.
Nilah chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
I liked it. Loved your handling of the possible interaction of the brothers. Will be looking out for more of your stuff.
Janiqua chapter 1 . 10/17/2008
That's a really scary thought... Some demon using Dean to get Sam to do its dirty work... But I can so see it happening... Man, season four has the potential to be the best season ever.
illuminations chapter 1 . 10/13/2008
Nicely done. You capture their voices so well.

Hope your have some *cough* other brothers bunnies hopping around in your future as well. If not, at least now I know where else to look. *sigh* I know, these boys are fun to play with, too.
writeeofpassage chapter 1 . 10/13/2008
That was fantastic! It was definitely what was needed in the episode you did a great job i loved it!
newgal chapter 1 . 10/12/2008
Love it, Great job.
heartfallen chapter 1 . 10/12/2008
Excellent writing. I especially enjoyed the last line. It was a pleasure to read
Visionairy chapter 1 . 10/11/2008
Wow! That was extremely well written. I think you nailed their voices perfectly. My favorite was, ""Good. 'Cause it's kind of hard to miss the parallels here. On the one hand, there's this guy being a freak and us maybe having to kill him. On the other hand, there's you being a mathlete and all." Dean shook his head solemnly. "I know it's gotta be rough, Sammy, but I'm here for you."

Excellent! Now can you add some additional chapters for that ep? Please. Thanks so much for posting.
Acheron Blake chapter 1 . 10/11/2008
Very intense. Just talking. Dean needs to get over it. Hooray for Sammy!
sayrae3times chapter 1 . 10/11/2008
This was awesome. Fit right into the episode! My favorite was when you listed all the ways Sam had changed - it really broke my heart because it was true! And Dean was perfect, silently letting Sam talk and being supportive without really having to say anything. Great job. I really enjoyed!