Reviews for Shimmer
darkraistlyn chapter 1 . 5/1
That was beautiful. I loved that they were actively haunting it too.
Morbid DramaQueen10 chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
Ooooooooh, I very much like this. So beautiful and heartbreaking...on my gosh, it's so bittersweet.
Sorry, I just haven't read such lovely pieces in such a long time, especially in this fandom.
kookookarli chapter 1 . 12/5/2010
that, was perfect
Evil Clinky chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
Spine-tingling! You have a gift for building up atmosphere, which manages to be both touchingly intimate and yet creepy at the same time. I love the drama and the suspense and the twists and turns. Shimmer, say hello to my faves list. ;)
Our Lady of Dreams chapter 1 . 3/21/2010
so beautiful. at first i thought this was just another short about Christine and her Phantom, then i realized the truth of the character silently watching the lover's performance. I love how the mood gives off a paralyzed feeling (like when you go to see a movie or play, the feeling just before it starts and everyone is hushed) i love that feeling. about halfway in i felt like we were intruding upon a lover's quarrel or a confession, but i couldn't stop reading even to blush. the words had a formal feeling that gave and old fashioned take to the story. And then the spell was broken by the stumbling, bumbling couple. suddenly i could breathe a gain. when she looked down to see the rose i felt as if my heart leaped from my chest. It was a little frightening, a little exciting, as if we weren't meant to witness the scene, except that it was only for us... in a nutshell I absolutely loved it! keep up the great work!
MelodyMirage chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
I like how it's told by a completely random character. Plus, the seductive-ness just oozing out of Erik and Christine makes for a very shimmering read.
Laine Montgomery chapter 1 . 6/26/2009
Oh, this is so lovely! Your prose is very atmospheric; I felt fully immersed in the world of the Opera House at night and the inner life of both the speaker and those she watched. Plus, I love me a bit of voyeurism. ;) Very, very nice!
the Icelandic sheep chapter 1 . 4/23/2009
Simply beautiful piece!
zagato chapter 1 . 1/13/2009
Thanks for writing!
Mominator chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
What a great little story. Christine and Erik HAD to be ghosts, and yet . . .

You did a wonderful job of keeping it ambiguous yet supplying us with hints that would make us wonder.

(I do love the idea of their passion living on forever. :D)

Barb
Mira-Jade chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
Wow, this was beautiful.

I have just found your stellar aray of stories, and am happily perusing them - yet, more about that later. This little one shot was perfect. I love the idea of Erik and Christine together as ghosts. The whole thing had a sultry other-worldly feel to it - a perfect ghost story.

Just . . . Wow! Five stars out of five, to be sure!
GitaMerah chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
Wow. That was beautiful and creepy at the same time. I think I would've fainted if the real phantom were to appear before me like that.
JackieLu chapter 1 . 10/29/2008
Beautifully written. These ghosts certainly captured the essence of Christine and Erik. Keep doing one shots if you cannot get rid of the writer's block.
Marauder Athene chapter 1 . 10/23/2008
The first thing I said when I finished was "Wow... Oh my gosh... That was amazing...". I don't think anything else can be said other then: that was beautiful!

"Brava, brava, bravissima..."

I remain, good author, your obedient servant,

A.D.
Mels4 chapter 1 . 10/17/2008
I love it - well done. So nice to read something from you again. Hope you can kick your Writer's Block's unmentionables soon! Take Care. Mels