Reviews for Between Two Worlds
Shannon O'Neil chapter 6 . 11/4/2008
I just wanted to say a few words about how much I've enjoyed your story. You write beautifully, with detail and emotion suitable to the characters and I literally couldn't stop myself from reading. I hope you have another story in the pipeline as I would love to read more of yur work, they really are addictive!
vonnie836 chapter 6 . 11/1/2008
Great story, I love the way you handled Sam's emotions and the dillemma he was in after killing the wolf/boy. How he tried to tell himself that Dean was right and yet couldn't quite get his heart to agree. Carly and Eliza were awesome characters and the ending made Carly even more human. Matter of fact, I thought she was a lot like Dean in the way, that he couldn't live without Sam either. Only he could bring his brother back. Sam's emotions and feeling on this were awesome again. How he thought about that he would be alone too, without anyone that totally knew and understood him. Him even questioning if Jessica would have understood him changing was heart breaking. It said so much about the hopelessness he feels about his destiny. The limpness was totally awesome too. Hope you will get more stories up soon. Hugs Vonnie
AquarianNightSky chapter 6 . 10/29/2008
This was a good story. Very interesting concept and original characters.

I don't know if anyone has offered yet, but I wouldn't mind being a beta for you. I have a few stories on the site and I betaed for another author (we've lost contact).

Later!

Sky
Maz101 chapter 6 . 10/26/2008
Hey! A fitting end. It had to be that way for Carly - she was a nice creation. She brought the tragic depth of a backstory that she couldn't escape. She was sympathetic and attractive and understandable. But yes, she would have to go and Dean would be the one to step up.

Nice link to the angst of the deal and the boys' "sorry" and "thank-you" was a good touching conclusion.

Thanks for the read.
gidgetgal9 chapter 6 . 10/25/2008
Wow, you broke my heart with the last chapter and then shattered it with this chapter. Oh poor Carly and poor boys! Such an emotional conclusion to an awful curse on an innocent family. I'm afraid the same might play out for the Winchesters some day. Great brotherly moments at the end- loved this story! :0) Claudia
gidgetgal9 chapter 5 . 10/25/2008
Wow girl, the thing I really like about you- that know one is safe! You can't predict what you're going to do with the OC's and it's always interesting the places you take us. Poor Carly, and her doomed family. This part really broke my heart. Great work here girl! :0) Claudia
BlueEyedDemonLiz chapter 6 . 10/23/2008
What a stunning and emotional chapter...

This bit nearly broke me :

“It’s okay.” She was calm and collected. “You say it’s okay and you’re not alone.”

I don't usually get teary-eyed over fic and I thought I was over Eliza until you mentioned the boys looking at her drawing back at the cabin and then...I went and got dust in my eyes.

And you had the boys talking about the deal and Sam being alone and how Dean would never kill Sam...God, where is all this dust coming from?

Despite the pesky dust-cloud hanging over me, I still really really loved this. Well done.

Liz x

PS: I'd offer to beta but I like you too much to destroy your stories.
leahcim chapter 6 . 10/22/2008
You... killed her.

Of course you did.

Great story. Liked Carly a lot and the whole legend she brought with her. Sam and Dean, pretty sad, pretty emotional. You told your story well.
sendintheclowns chapter 6 . 10/22/2008
The argument Carly uses on Sam - kill her because she's evil - is so sad. And Sam totally gets her; she's unnatural, not evil. Perhaps like someone else we know?

As usual your descriptions are so well done, I feel like I'm watching the scene as it unfolds. And for my money, your version of the brothers' bond is spot on.

Welcome back from hiatus!
sendintheclowns chapter 5 . 10/22/2008
I love your characterization of Carly. Complex. Mother, wife, friend. Monster.

It's all so heartbreaking, Carly's story. And who better but Dean and Sam to understand it.
rosebud98 chapter 6 . 10/22/2008
Well, that really tore me up.

The part with Carly and her husband was awesome. The death scene with Henry was great. The killing of Carly was heartbreaking.

Then Sam with the "Why did you do it?" Gut wrenching.

Dean crying and then Sam crying and then... the semi-resolve.

You brought the dream back into play and it was done well.

The end was really nice. No one wants to be left alone. We all want someone who just gets us.

Thanks.
Dianne chapter 6 . 10/22/2008
Thanks for the great story. The ending was very satisfying and it went down the way I imagined it would so you did a good job of foreshadowing. It was a nice peace for the whole family to finally get rest and for Carly to wonder if she will end up forgiven or in hell. Nicely written.
TraSan chapter 6 . 10/21/2008
Great story - I enjoyed it very much.

Good job with the emotions of both brothers as well as Carly. I felt for her by the end.

Unfortunately, not only am I not the world's best beta, but I do pinch hit for a couple of friends and I'm behind on a promised one already.

I think there's a new beta option on the site. You could take a look!
carocali chapter 6 . 10/21/2008
Well that just broke my heart on every level! Not only do the poor lovers end up losing, it becomes about the deal. Carly tried to help Sam understand why Dean did what he did, but it doesn't take away the pain. Oh how I hate when they fight about it! They're both so emotional, and you played that so well!

Still had some beautiful imagery (and gross as well - the watermelon analogy? eek!) here with a great underlying story. You had me from the beginning and kept my interest the whole way. Thank you for sharing!

:D

Caroline
carocali chapter 5 . 10/21/2008
So it all comes out - Carly and her husband are cursed! What a horrible thing to do to a couple in love. I hope that witch has been burned at the stake! And the children? So unfair!

I like that Carly is willing to work with the boys to make their lives 'normal' again. Perhaps, in death, they can finally be happy together? But then poor Eliza is the victim of her father's rage.

Now what? What choices will Carly make to get through this? will she protect Sam and Dean from her one true love? Or will she fall into the same trap, letting one of the boys die so she can be with her husband again for that one night?

Horrible and wonderful! I'm off to find out what happens!

;D