Reviews for Integra's School Daze
Lion in the Land chapter 13 . 6/8/2009
If I hadn't already favoritted this, I would do it now, because that dynamic between Alucard and the cat was just too sweet! I love it. And the death of the hamster with the spasming leg was great.

You've told me before about this need for the Nosferatu to devour its prey or else it will turn into a ghoul, but is there any part of the body that could be left behind - like a leg or something? And is the rule for creating a familiar that they have to drink all of their blood? And if they do that, can they leave the body behind?

I really loved the end of the scene with Alison and the cat:

"Meow?"

"Yeah, you."

They understand each other so well :)

I'm also loving the whole Steve as a boy-toy thing, too. I don't feel a bit bad for him - he's making out like a bandit on the deal. Well, not 'making out,' per se...but you KNOW what I mean!

Ooh, Anderson. I've had a thing for the Paladin lately, so I am ever so happy to see him entering this story D

Lion in the Land chapter 12 . 6/7/2009
Hooray - vampire kitty lives! I was feeling sad when it appeared doomed, but leave it to you to so cleverly save it. What a perfect punishment for Alucard. Oh, how I hope vampire animals leave little 'presents.'

Steve was so great:

“Righty-o.”

“Uh, no... Perfectly safe... I think.”

"But man, if you'd seen that babe in action...”

It was nice to see young Integra having fun in battle. But if you can take offense at my 'boy brain' comment, then I'm taking offense at this: 'the creature looked up at her with an expression on its face that would've made any lesser woman tear up.' Are you saying that a woman who tears up easily is a lesser woman? Be very careful how you answer...O_o

And now that you've told me who Ferguson is, I can appreciate the back story you've given him. I bet most Hellsing fans would never guess he was an exterminator when he met Sir Hellsing. Ha ha.

Good chapter. I can't wait to watch Alucard's interactions with the cat. Except I have to wait, just a little, so until tomorrow,

Lion in the Land chapter 11 . 6/6/2009
Wicked ghoul rats taking down grown men! The whole idea of it is so clever and creepy, but still so silly and fitting with the tone of this story. I'm fairly certain that not many people could succeed in making the massacre of innocent exterminators humorous.

So ghoul's cannot come out in daylight? What do they do during that time - sleep underground?

I LoL'd at Alucard playing with Lego's! And building a castle no less. Is there some significance to Poenari Castle? Was it Dracula's castle or something?

I liked seeing the future grown Hellsing leader come out in the young knight with: “Do not presume to tell me what I can and can not do, vampire!” And of course Alucard loves it.

Looking forward to the big battle. And hooray! it looks like Steve's going to be there. Let's see...his machine has something to do with a video game, therefore...I have no idea ;P

-LiLa

P.S. Okay, you totally got me with ghoul rats - I'm adding this to my favorites.
Lion in the Land chapter 10 . 6/6/2009
Yo! Nice to be back at school :). Alucard is so funny with his frustration over the WWII history - he knows that no one can know about it, yet he'd like a little credit and recognition, wouldn't he?

Go kitty cat - build that undead army! Cannot wait to see what Alison has in store for it once she's freed from her prison.

I like the reputation Alison is building for herself around campus. And speaking of reputations - that Pip is such a playah. But please tell me he hasn't spent anytime with that tramp Cindy.

I think I need to make up for a little lost time, so I'll see you in the next chapter ;)

Lion in the Land chapter 9 . 6/4/2009
I just lourve that kitty cat. He's so tricky with the drainage grate and the mocking 'meow.' I don't know, he just may have replaced Steve as my favorite character in this story.

Okay, so now I have to eat my own words about thinking the Alucard/15-year-old Integra romantic thing was creepy, because the way you are so slowly building it up and teasing us is really getting to me - in a very good way. And the running joke with the anticipation of tastey punishments, only to be let down by something mundane, yet unpleasant, is hilarious. Poor Alucard.

So, have you read 'Hound of the Baskervilles'? It's been a long time since I have, but it's a good one. Whenever a fog creeps in over 'the moors,' I still think of it.

I look forward to seeing what young Integra does with her freedom from her pesky roomate, and what progress Vampire Kitty makes.

Lion in the Land chapter 8 . 6/3/2009
Vampire kitty! Okay, so that was done WITHOUT venom. Got it. But what's the "only one thing" that Alucard can do? Destroy it?

I'm glad that this chapter continued on with the date. That was very sweet seeing Alucard feeding his date, Steve, the piece of raw meat. And I'm loving that Integra's jealous. Sure, it's easy to push him away when he's constantly there for you, but let him get his pretty head turned by a studly nerd like Steve and it's a different story.

Very funny how Steve was disturbed watching the blood run down his date's face as she devoured the raw meat. He's such a sport to take a bite.

The only problem with your story is that I finish one fun, bite-sized piece and I immediately want another. But I must call it a night, so I'll see ya later.

Thanks for the fun.

Lion in the Land chapter 7 . 6/3/2009
That was too funny how Alucard threw Integra off by accusing her of being jealous of Steve. But she did seem kind of jealous, didn't she?

And poor Steve! He thinks he's got the hot, popular girl, but really he's got...Alucard.

I know I expressed concern before about fifteen being too young, but the level of flirtation and feelings I see going on here is alright. I like the tension between them - which seems to be half master/servant, half infatuation.

BondSlave chapter 21 . 6/3/2009
ACK THUNDER! ... sorry it's been thundering where I love for like...a week.

Any who. omg Alucard! Ugh okay Alucard in just normal form would be able to manipulate any female (besides Integra) with ease, and now give him a girly figure and batted eyelashes and...POOR STEAVE! I hope she doen'st end up getting him killed! Might have to smack her.

great chapters.
BondSlave chapter 20 . 6/3/2009
OMG! GIRLYCARDxINTEGRA! HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA OMG.

So not into Girl/Girl but seeing as Alucard really is a guy it didn't bug me so much but totally made me laugh, and I almost died when pip walked in. Omg I bet that was right up HIS alley! haha. Great job!
BondSlave chapter 19 . 6/3/2009
'Red punch buggy convertible' ? Never heard that one. I've heard the 'Slugbug' one. but not the other one. Still this is a good chappy! Omg Alucard spilling information about his and Walters escapades!
BondSlave chapter 18 . 6/3/2009
omg! Alucard is so bad! haha. I LOVE DRACULA DEAD AND LOVING IT! omg my mom bought it for me like four years ago and I watched it every day OVER AND OVER for like a month! haha.

Omg you continue to crack me up. Steave omg. *waves like a moron* hahaha gotta love that guy.
Lion in the Land chapter 6 . 6/2/2009
Oh my - what are those bully boys going to think of Alison now? I love that Alison is popular at her new school. I won't be surprised if geeky Steve develops a little crush on our girl.

I like how you had Alucard admiring the bullies' tactics with making the wimps wait out and anticipate their torture. Because wasn't that what he was in life - a sadistic bully?

I never thought watching Alucard go to school would be so fun.

Lion in the Land chapter 5 . 6/2/2009
Lance is such a good name for a bully. That scene with Alison and the geek was great. '“Are you going to die?” she asked in a completely neutral tone.' Ha ha. And how clever to have the geek tell Miss Vlad about the legendary impaler.

So the kitty, kitty, kitty escaped with a bit of vampire venom coursing through its veins. Interesting...

Alucard is quite good at looking for loopholes in those rules, isn't he. Looking forward to what happens next.

Also, I like the size of your chapters - it seems ideal for internet reading. Tell me the truth - do you think my S:VI chapters are too long?

Lion in the Land chapter 4 . 6/1/2009
Aw, poor kitty, kitty, kitty. :(

Now, what's wrong with me that I would have preferred to have seen Alison maul down one of the random students rather than a sweet, little kitty cat? It's cuz I'm a chick, right? Just say it.

I loved this: "Integra looked down at her tray and eyed the food much like she would size up a potential enemy." The cafeteria food stand-off between her and Al- was so funny.

So the Pipster is going to enter the fray, hey? Well, good luck to him.

Oh, I have a couple of little tips that are really just my preferences, so you can take them or leave them. First, (I noted that you seem to be cutting down on this naturally yourself, but...) the quotes around 'pet' and 'she' when referring to Alison/Alucard are a little distracting to me. At this point in the story, I don't think the quotes are neccessary anymore. I know there's a lot of chapters up, and I'm not suggesting that you change anything that's already posted, but maybe eliminate the quotes in the future if you agree.

Also - again, a small thing and just a matter of preference - when Frenchy is talking, it's a very nice touch with the Mon Cheri and such, and I think it might enhance the idea of his accent even more if you took it a little further and maybe even substitue a 'zee' for 'the' as in, "Zee tour?" and a 'zat' for 'that.' Not a big deal, it just popped in my head so I thought I'd mention it.

And can I say this one more time - Aww, poor kitty...

Lion in the Land chapter 3 . 6/1/2009
This was very cute. Speaking of cute - referring to Integra as 'mini Hellsing' is just adorable.

"Not!" - that little snot. If she only knew it could have been so much worse than a scalping.

I find the idea that Alucard doesn't know high-school level algebra quite funny. He has such fantastic abilities and is so powerful, but can't master something so basic. Hmm...I wonder if that's going to bite him in his undead butt later on...we shall see.

Welp, I am jumping right into chapter four where I am promised story arcs, subplots, etc. etc. But I hope it keeps the same fun flavor as these first three - I really enjoyed them.

527 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »