Reviews for Flowers on the Sea
Pen and Paper71 chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
This piece is incredible. Your writing is beautiful and so vivid that it was easy to see the scenes play out in my mind.

I actually really love your use of the first person here. Using Samson's voice really brings this to life.

Anyway, truly excellent work!
Mark of the Asphodel chapter 1 . 5/4/2009
Ah. Such a beautiful tribute to one of the few happy couples of FE3. I knew virtually nothing about Samson or Sheema save their existence and a one-line canned bio before reading this, and I came away from this feeling guilty that I never bothered to recruit Samson in FEDS (Sheema wasn't mentioned in Jiol's DS death scene, which wasn't very nice). Mm, details- the mind-bending absurdity of Sheema's situation is bluntly and poignantly etched by Samson's use of words- alternately poetry and gutter-slang. Sheema's callused hands are another vivid touch, something I missed the first time I read this and only picked up on a re-read. And the refusal to depict how much Sheema buys into her own charade was a good stance- the reader doesn't know, Samson doesn't know, maybe Sheema doesn't even know how she feels about the whole Glory-of-Gra business.

There's a strong current of existentialism in your writing, and it comes through clearly in this story. Beautiful.