Reviews for Dust Between
ackeberlynn chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
"Dean nodded, once, and focused his attention back on driving. The way these roads twisted and slithered was mostly unpredictable. Even a good driver could easily make a mistake, here."

This sentence, ingeniously placed at the end of a paragraph describing Sam's own 'mistakes', and Dean's quiet understanding that his little brother was doing what he thought was right in unpredictable, impossible circumstances, was my favorite part of this entire fic.

Well done.
LaedieDuske chapter 1 . 12/3/2010
"...trapping his big-little brother against his chest..." I love it. I love that he manhandled Dean into just letting him be there. And I love that Dean let him. There were so many people coming between them, driving them apart for their own ends, the brothers forgot how to be brothers and that tore my heart out. I am usually better at looking at things from Dean's perspective, being a Dean girl and all, but I think you did a marvelous job of capturing things from Sam's side. (It's easy to forget in all the excitement that for the most part Sam really thought he was doing the right thing. Right up until he lost his damn mind in When The Levee Breaks. And wow, can I ever NOT watch that last scene without tearing up.) Nice job here!

LD
CalamityJim chapter 1 . 8/17/2010
I like the story and I love your motivation for writing it. Season 4& 5 had a bit of an artificial vibe with the whole Sam/Dean fight thing. Ya'd a thought that they'd have gotten over it before there were only 5 eps left til season 6.

Screen Writer 9.9
Aaleiyah JoRayne Hunter chapter 1 . 5/7/2010
This one is totally going on my favs! Thanks so much for sharing!

As Always,
A.J.
amyblair chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
Liked the idea of zigging when they should have zagged. Great stuff.

Sometimes it is frustrating - sometimes I think if one would just grab the other, a little breakdown would not be the worst that could happen. Might even ease a little pain.

Ah, and so there if fanfiction!
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 1 . 1/15/2010
OMG! Sammy's totally emo eheheh But I kinda liked it

Kisses

Rosetta
StoryTagger chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
That was totally perfect, the right blend of angst and brotherliness and snarky Dean and emo-ish Sammy. The storyline flowed rather well and you kept to character rather well...very good.
Thru Terry's Eyes chapter 1 . 3/19/2009
that was great. I lived the line about Dean assuming the kentucky accent with his chameleon's grace. Lovely bit.
Enkidu07 chapter 1 . 12/23/2008
Love. Mad Love. This was very nice. Very characteristic of the gap that was yawning between them and a beautiful job closing it up!
deangirl1 chapter 1 . 12/23/2008
Oh - if only... I so wish that Sam would get a little perspective... We know he's in there... thanks for this.
bhoney chapter 1 . 12/15/2008
Wow, I loved this fic.

Thanks for this: "He hadn’t even paused to pull a blanket over the guy, for God’s sake—why hadn’t it even occurred to him? Had he been so lost in his own quest that he forgot that the prize he sought had already been given to him? He was doing a piss-poor job of showing his gratitude for the gift, that was sure." And: "The look of betrayal in Dean’s eyes when he figured out just how little that dying wish had meant, how little weight his desires had carried…" Exactly! Couldn't have said it better. Those things have really been bothering me this season, the disregard for Dean's dying wish, the sneaking out with Ruby and leaving Dean behind, not noticing his inability to sleep, etc. Loved that you addressed those things.

You did a great job, by the way, with capturing the speech of someone from Kentucky.

And the ending was just perfect. From Dean's attempt at humor: “I mean, I know you’re a giant girl and everything, but usually you’re not quite so open about your unquenchable need for a good cuddle.” to Sam's quiet determination that Dean wouldn't be in this alone anymore, to him holding onto Dean so he could feel safe enough to sleep. Just lovely. It brought a tear to my eye.

I'm favoriting this one!
Melodious329 chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
Insightful and adorable. Again I tell you that this is the way the show should have gone. I felt like they kinda copped out on the whole 'Dean just got out of hell' thing, trying to make things like the elder brother had never left. And I loved this line "He was doing a piss-poor job of showing his gratitude for the gift, that was sure." I thought it but you said it better. Great job.
K Hanna Korossy chapter 1 . 10/12/2008
That is incredibly...satisfying. I miss one of them taking charge of the other's pain in the show and easing it. I like this dance between them, and the way it ends, and hope Dean will return the favor at some point, too, for all the nights Sam was alone in the room.
heartfallen chapter 1 . 10/12/2008
Sweet story
Vampyvii chapter 1 . 10/11/2008
Very touching, well written story - Good job!