Reviews for Of Rowan and Ruin
Blitz182 chapter 1 . 5/22/2013
This piece was pure beauty; I loved it. It almost made me cry! I love your use of the rowan tree, and I loved your writing style. It had a pure simplicity in it that layered emotions really well. Thank you for posting such a wonderful story!
Gimlifan8 chapter 1 . 5/3/2013
Speechless. Legolas and Gimli has always been my favorite friendship in LOTR, and I'm amazed how well you portrayed these two. And the comparison to the Rowan tree...Totally worthy of Tolkein!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/1/2013
Great,Romantic
But No intimacy
Lune chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
waow.
I'm speechless.

This story is so nice, so true, so honest and right. That's how it should -must- have been like.
Thank you for writing it ! I really really enjoyed it, thank you !
Guest chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
This is a really beautiful and moving story :). Thank you for sharing it!
Window Girl chapter 1 . 1/9/2013
A beautiful and heartbreaking meditation on mortality. I love how you weaved the metaphor of the rowan tree throughout.
InsideTheSky chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
I am trying to write a coherent review, but I can't, I can barely see the keyboard. I am not ashamed to admit it: I am crying. Okay, I'm going to go away now and you know, leave so I don't drown in feels. I loved this story3
RittannasFire chapter 1 . 12/24/2012
I cried, there at the last. I have never read a story that spoke of how Gimli came to sail, I had never thought on it before. You did it so well, I can not really say what I would wish to. I don't even know what that would be. Thank you, a story well told is a fine gift.
FFX2player chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
It is rare I find a story so amazingly good, I'm COMPELLED to review it. This is so close to my own view of this rare friendship, but what I love best is how you used to rowan tree to perfectly parody the fraying relationship between elves and dwarfs. All together you have written a deeply moving piece. Bravo!
Anon chapter 1 . 5/29/2012
You made me cry! Seriously, this is beautifully written, and I'm sure Tolkien envisioned it very much like this.
shine lots chapter 1 . 1/22/2012
I really wanted the last story to be continued, and you continued it right up untill Gimli and Legolas sail. That's very thorough - I couldn't have asked for more. Yay!

I like the way Gimli talks Legolas into sailing, though I'm saddened that the Dwarves only respect Gimli from afar, and he has few true dwarven friends.
shine lots chapter 1 . 1/22/2012
Silvan elves - do they have legends about the valar? Or do they just worship Illuvatar, the lands of Middle earth and leave it at that? I don't know, I'm querying it only because they never made it to Yavanna's home in Valinor, so she might not have been able to tell them tales of how the plants first came about.
LunaQuetzal chapter 1 . 1/21/2012
I was in TEARS. Great story!
teja chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
Always thought that Gimli and Legolas had one of the most intriguing relationships in books, and this story was a great tribute to it! Loved it!
Confessions of a Short Girl chapter 1 . 8/11/2011
This was so cute! Sad, but cute. I always love Gimli/Legolas friendship stories because they remind me so much of ym friend and I
84 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »