Reviews for Snowbird's Last Stand
RougeBaron chapter 14 . 4/20/2009
Yah, Jaguars, let's rock and roll!

Don't have much to say in this part, except maybe "Good luck and God speed" to the Snowbirds. I can't wait to see the next part.
SulliMike23 chapter 14 . 4/19/2009
This is gonna be messy!
FraserMage chapter 14 . 4/19/2009
I almost thought we were going to have Wolf Deus Ex Machina from the Dragoons...

What with how the capital of Outreach is Harlech IIRC.
Texray1 chapter 12 . 4/13/2009
Incredifreakingawesome! I don't want this to ever end.
MosinM38 chapter 13 . 4/11/2009
Hey Sentinel, great to see a new chapter.

First: Good to hear you're feeling better, and everyone needss a break.

Second, I like your NCIS fic, I ain't had time to Review it, but I have been reading it (I barely even been able to keep up with Mechwarrior, and it's been slow!).

Okay, onto the chapter.

A high clan warrior...For some reason that just tickles me. It is funny in a way. At least she'll be alright (Probably).

Be interesting to see how the attack goes. Everyone is drawing thin. Sheila's forces are near breaking, but Furey will let romanticism become his undoing even yet.
Panzerfaust 150 chapter 13 . 4/9/2009
Good to see you back. Nothing against your writing, but I am not a big NCIS fan, I watch occasionally...The Unit's more my style. In any case..Felisana's about to do something mighty brave and stupid. I do hope she and mom aren't about to get reacquainted.

I love Furey's talent for self delusion. And that his romantic streak is getting the better of his planning. I would have quashed Optamai's idea fast. It's not real smart even if his elementals are good, do they have any heavy weapons in case they gotta do it the hard way? Are they sure they could kill enough of the militia before something gave them away? And five minutes before? If something does go wrong, it risks giving the entire attack away. I think Felisanna's going to stumble on the assault and gun down the lot of them. A better method might be to do an avalanche drop with elementals right on top of the dropships..high risk...but if you do it with Aerospace suppressing the dropship guns..you have a fighting chance if you time it with the assault...trouble is, the Jags in this story have had the coordination of a guy with his shoelaces tied together.

My big thought is otherwise...the Jags are coming in the same old way...in any case, Furey's depending on the fact his enemy is in worse shape than he is...which is dangerous if it isn't true.
SulliMike23 chapter 13 . 4/8/2009
The final stand against the Jags...let's hope the Snowbirds make it out of it.
eric reese chapter 12 . 3/1/2009
damn good read keep it up
Kat Wylder chapter 12 . 2/14/2009
Ah, it's good to see that Sheila didn't give in to Furey's demands, since making a "deal" with Clanners is almost always a bad idea. When a man says he's bound to his word, that doesn't make him honest, it makes him *legalistic.*
MosinM38 chapter 12 . 2/13/2009
Hm...

Although technically she is sinking "To their level", I am a firm believer (In real life as well), of an eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth. Except instead of taking one tooth for your own, you knock out their entire mouth.

I can understand her reluctange...But the Jaguars pulled out of the rules of war first.

Anyway. The rest of the chapter was great as well. At least Senefa will "Probably" live. Looks like Rainbow finally found out what the real world is like...

All-in-all getting interesting. Just when I think there can't be anything new for Sheila to go through ;-) you find something else. That takes skill (Or pleasure in making a character suffer). But I'll go for skill on this one.

(P.S.) I didn't mean anything as an offence ;-)
Panzerfaust 150 chapter 12 . 2/13/2009
Boy, Char Furey is really getting the Captain Ahab syndrome, isn't he? And Toriyama's becoming his white whale. Surprised nobody's challenged him to a Circle of Equals yet? His planned extortion of Sheila didn't work well at all, just who did shoot Mary Scott? He sure as hell didn't give the order. My money's on either Dougray or the other fella that played catch with the inferno. Felisanna's becoming rather like Robert from Red Dawn, Sheila might wanna keep an eye on her. Prisoners aren't liable to make it back to the rear alive with her. Not that anyone's taking any now.

As for Marion and Elfa's reaction. I buy Marion's. After what happened to her old unit, she's going to have a low tolerance for someone shooting her unit's members out of hand, and isn't going to care what they do to prisoners. Elfa..not sure I buy it. By now it should be obvious to everyone..Char Furey's not sane. not by any means, not even by clan standards. If somebody doesn't point this out, they should. He also doesn't exert proper control over his subordinates, when you have them killing each other, it's a problem. I don't care what the fiction says. Hell, at this rate, I am surprised the Jags haven't raped, murdered and looted from one end of Iwakuni to the other.

BTW, it didn't shock me as much as you might think. These things happen in war, especially when the enemy has a bloodthirsty rep. My grandfather was with F Co, 25th Mech Cav Sqn, 4th AD in the ETO, and he said after Luneville, when the SS had snipers out drilling division medics through the red cross on the helmet, they would take anyone they caught with an arm eagle, and drive them back halfway to the rear on the hood of a jeep, then, they'd stop the jeep, tell them to get out and run..EPW would run..*BANG*. Shot while trying to escape.

Char's going to find out just what his little stunt bought him, in spades...it'll teach him for thinking with a head not meant for the purpose.
RougeBaron chapter 12 . 2/12/2009
Argh, this is low. It's just sad that they had to come to this. You captured the horror of war perfectly, something that we often forget these days. Hopefully Furey gets his pay.
Flashpoint chapter 12 . 2/12/2009
[quote] ...hopefully this chapter will shock and amaze a bit... [/quote]

Sure does. Thanks for the warning, though. :)

Anyway, I'm glad that Senefa is alive.
RougeBaron chapter 11 . 2/2/2009
Senefa's dead? Argh, man... I didn't see it coming! Maybe she's not, but either way her future looks grim.

This is probably the best action scene in the forum nowadays, unless you make a better one. I kneel to the master )

As a testosterone junkie, it's interesting for me to see a unit dominated by estrogen (ha ha, sorry, can't help it). But the Snowbird girls prooved that they are as capable as the boys in any situation. I'm waiting to see Char's reaction when he is beaten by female freeborns.
Panzerfaust 150 chapter 11 . 2/2/2009
That's the thing about knife fights...and why I avoid them... Shame about Senfa, she's probably not much more than something to hose out of the cockpit at this point. Even if she's alive...considering the state of the siege, I'd be surprised if they could do little more than triage her as expectant, write an M on her forehead and make her comfy.

As for Maysa, she's growing up...and she got mad. Happens in war, and I don't blame her for what she felt before or after. She'll make out ok, she just has to keep hr perspective.

As for Char, he dreams big, don't he? Well, Mr. Clanner, someone needs to tell him Sheila wouldn't if he were the last man in the Inner Sphere. Arrogant cuss. I have a feeling he might live through this though...he seems content to command from the rear. Though it might be amusing for Cynmar to send an Arrow IV round his way..might rattle our little Napoleon a bit.

Good fight overall and I too am taking lessons. Might wanna also read some Ralph Peters (specifically Red Army and the War in 2020) and Harold Coyle (his early stuff, Team Yankee, Sword Point (this especially, on how ambushes can go wrong).

All in all, good stuff.