Reviews for Snowbird's Last Stand
MosinM38 chapter 11 . 2/1/2009
Great chapter.

Well one thing I was wondering about did happen. Maysa realized the full impact of war, what it meant, and why people fight their damndest.

As for Senefa...I had a feeling. A cockpit hit with a gaussAuto-death (At least in B-tech)or at the very least in fiction, a very harsh maiming, likely permanent.

Seems the snowbirds are holding their own...Although I dunno how well that can last...

P.S. Almost forgot. That one line in the description cracked me up. "Guys with bewbs"...I gotta remember that one.
MosinM38 chapter 10 . 1/31/2009
Hm. Well they're learning.

And it looks like a pretty bloody attack.

The part with Cray's replacement following his Dougray sorta struck me as funny ;) Might be enough of a mix-up. And it seems like the Snowbirds (And cadets) are doing a decent job as it is.

Although...if they do repel them this time again. They are going to be perilously low on armor, munitons and other supplies.

Interesting conversation with Senefa and Maysa..At least might have eased her mind for a bit...And although the fear may still interfere, she could use that and fight like a demon. Having motivation can be a huge deal-maker.

Hm...now all we need is for Elfa to pop out Junior...Lol. Hopefully that can wait until the return trip though.
Panzerfaust 150 chapter 10 . 1/30/2009
Yeah, I figured you'd mention that...hammer me with my own words will you? Well, let me say our Kuritan is probably gonna be dead before the day's over, the foreshadowing was pretty obvious. In other matters, well, Furey can be taught, but it seems Dougray's glory hunting may unhinge the attack after all. I mean, if Hou's following him, who the hell is going up the intended axis of attack? Watch Maysa be the one to stop the whole damn effort..I would die laughing! I guess playing catch with an inferno round will make you a mite easy to tick off.
Flashpoint chapter 10 . 1/29/2009
Good to hear that you're feeling better!

As for the story, it's great as always. And you d o enjoy cliffhangers, don't you?

I see now what you mean about Furey being stereotypical, but somehow he still ended up having his own personality. :)

I was rather surprised to see Senefa go down so abruptly, but these things happen, I guess.

Can hardly wait to see how this continues.
RougeBaron chapter 10 . 1/28/2009
I sorta had written Bien's and Felisanna's last stand in 3057, per Bien (the real one) request. It's posted on my "Knights In F-F Armor" Ch.16. They didn't see Jihad, but their story is the background for their relatives that did fight in Jihad era, 15 years later. Anyway, I hope I see some nice scenes of them before Snowbird ends.

The fight is very brutal this time. It's nothing like the Snowbird had seen before. The Jaguars had the reputation of being the most hardcore among the Clans, and it really shows. I'm most interested in Senefa-Dougray duel. Both are fierce Crusaders that fought ruthlessly and efficiently. Too bad the fight ends quickly. Hopefully there are more of them in the next chapter - hand to hand, maybe?

The rest of the battle scene is great. The sense of large-scale battle is very strong. Some people pointed out that I am weak in portraying large-scale battle, so I think I can learn a lot from this chapters.
novelltigger chapter 10 . 1/28/2009
ARRHH, What a cliff hanger... Love it. I know i haven't review much but i have loved this whole series. Can't wait until you finish this battle.
Kat Wylder chapter 10 . 1/28/2009
It's good to know you're feeling better. Here's hoping that continues.

As always, getting to see things from the POV of the opposing unit really adds some human interest to the battles.

And, since you've asked for female input, I can point out one of the things you've done very *right* with this series. Your female characters are defined primarily by *who they are,* and not by their sex and gender identity. In real life, the latter qualities are only one facet of who a person is, and keeping that in mind always makes a fictional character much more believeable.
Sweet Angel21 chapter 9 . 1/25/2009
Hello Mr Author, I'm a 1st time reviewer. I just want to say how great this fic is. I'm not really a MW fan, however I really like one of your characters. Can you please write a more deeper backstory regarding Char Furey? I find him quite fascinating. Thanks!
Kat Wylder chapter 8 . 1/11/2009
Wow. Just...wow. I think that wedding has got the be the funniest thing I've read in ages, haha. It was definitely unexpected.

It took me awhile to get through all the chapters, but I'm finally caught up. Whew! Also, you don't give *yourself* nearly enough credit in regards to battle scenes, but I'm flattered nonetheless.
HoyaActual chapter 9 . 1/2/2009
It's been a while since i've had much time to read anything on , but seeing that you had put more stuff up forced me to make some time. A few other people have said it and i just want to reiterate it myself, if i had to buy a book to read this stuff i would!
Jill Marie Daniels chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
Hello there, I'm a 1st time reviewer... I know that it must be really unusual for a girl to be reading MW stories but I have my reasons. I hope that I'm welcome to the boat. I would like to request that you please do more development of Char Furey's character. Who is he really? What's his personal history? Will he be a recurring vilain, or do you plan to kill him at the end of this story?
MosinM38 chapter 9 . 1/1/2009
Nice chapter!

My apologies also for not R&R'ing 8. Man life gets busy ;)

And good luck on surgery ;) That's always a B*.

I got a kick out of this part "Oh, cool,” she whispered, “it wasn’t a dream.". Yeah...definately Kaylee from Firefly. Interesting to see the two lovebirds. At least Maysa got a good, decent guy. (Rather than a somewhat poor choice. Sorta like some going to punk-rock stars).

Senefa's aspect was interesting. I guess I hadn't thought of how...disturbing? marriage might be to a clanner.

I do get a kick out of Furey. Arrogant,...uh..Mexican? Oh that's right, Jaguar. I got a kick out of your characters ;) You do come up with non-normals.

At least Levien finally got a good close-up of War. Might change her...perspective. Usually does if your taht close and not a sidelines observer.
Voice of the forests chapter 9 . 12/31/2008
I really like Furey's character! I hope you give him a better and more-developed literary treatment next chapter. Thanks!
The Canonizado twins chapter 9 . 12/31/2008
Good work Ben, nicely done. We feel guilty just reading this, makes us want to pay for it cause it is so well done! Now, just a question, since we requested that Bien and Felisanna to "survive" this last stand, how will you treat them next. Seeing that Bien is now a minor character, will he and Felisanna participate in the final fight? We need Bien and Felisanna to "survive" the clan invasion of the 3050s so that they can live to participate in the Word of Blake Jihad. Which is continued on Rouge Barron's story. One last question, does the Bien of this "world" have a twin sister named Rica like me? And thanks for spearing Betsy Draken's life, the Draken twins are our favourite characters for obvious reasons. Happy Newyear!
Panzerfaust 150 chapter 9 . 12/29/2008
Marion and a Drac...what is the Inner Sphere coming to?

Hmm, Our romantic got his nose bloodied. That's gonna piss him off..now we might see him try something simple and very unsubtle, like a frontal assault, instead of hitting two sides of the walls at once. His decision to put the garrison to the sword was dumb too, surrender offers enemies a way out and it degrades their will to fight. This, this just put the Snowbird's back up.

I also think Senfa's going to changer her mind about Joshua Lawerence Chamberlain soon.
89 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »