Reviews for Snowbird's Last Stand
SulliMike23 chapter 9 . 12/28/2008
The Smoke Jags aren't gonna let this go without some redemption. If I know them, like I think I do, they're gonna come back in full force with one goal in mind...eliminate all resistance.
Canonizado Family chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
Maligayang Pasko(Happy Christmas) from all of us herein the Philippines!
Flashpoint chapter 8 . 12/16/2008
I think I already mentioned that I like the way your characters are not stereotypes, right? Furey is another great addition to that.

Battles are nice to read, especially the way you write them, but the story would be lacking depth without these chapters fleshing out the characters.

Hope you get well soon!
RougeBaron chapter 8 . 12/12/2008
Dude, I'm sorry to hear about your condition. Hopefully all goes well for you.

Another couple got married, and I hope this would not add headache. It is nice for Senefa to take part in the procedure. Clan folks usually frown upon marriage.

And I'm surprised to see Furey as a mild-mannered Clanner. IIRC Smoke Jaguar does not take prisoners (but I could be wrong). I thought Scott was dead already. Furey's willingness to return Scott if the Snowbird surrendered surprised me. Good twist, it makes it an interesting read.
jason.weisergmail.com chapter 8 . 12/12/2008
A wedding, a concert and Elfa's probably going to pop along with the other pregnant women...at this point..the siege is probably going to prove to be the easiest of Sheila's problems.

Good god almighty...I assume if you ever get around to it...Mayasa and Dan will have another wedding back on Grunewald. But good god, what the battalion kaserne must be like on April Fools Day...

And Marion drunk...and the Jags screaming no quarter..I almost pity the Jags..then again, they always struck me as monumentally stupid and arrogant even for clanners. To quote Londo, it does make for a convenient package. I also pity Dan the day he has to tell Marion she's going to be a grandmother...I see THAT going well.

I think Furey will try a night attack...probably with some damn fool idea like creating artificial moonlight with searchlights or some such that did little more than blind the attackers...god I can't wait for the friendly fire. Night attacks take planning and coordination. Furey strikes me as a romantic with an angry streak...not much of a planner. Though, he's a well-trained romantic who does have flashes of intelligence. Sheila's main weapon...his arrogance..the longer she holds out, the more our would-be Santa Ana is going to get pissed off and make MORE mistakes.
Texray1 chapter 7 . 12/9/2008
Man, I feel like I should be paying for this.
John the dark chapter 7 . 12/5/2008
Cool! Do you think that you will ever write a chapter in one of your BT stories which will be a purely "Warship" fight? I mean, I like to see some dropship-on-dropship action! I wish you had a copy of the newly released TRO 3057!
Bien Canonizado chapter 7 . 12/5/2008
Great work on this chapter! Reminds me of an old 1980s cartoon called robotech! Also an old movie called "the last starfighter". Nicely done! Ben, if you are Gendo Ikari, does it mean that you get to experiment with your subordinates? Any secret laboratories hidden behind your office wall?
Rica Canonizado chapter 7 . 12/5/2008
Hi Ben! It's me Bien's sister! You know, this whole chapter reminds me of that old 1986 movie "Iron Eagle". Were you old enough to have seen that? Any way, good work! And, just a very short thing, in the past chapter you said you felt like a horse? Well... You know what they say about horses, mules in particular... They have very big... (big smile!)
MosinM38 chapter 7 . 12/2/2008
Nice chapter.

I said before, and now againI like your aerospace pilots ;) Sorta unique and very likable for their short appearances.

The final scene was a good one and very catching..It reminded me from a moment from "The A-Team" TV show.

I really dislike Hannibal, but he had one quote that I REALLY liked, and fits well here. He had been reffering to a bunch of Pacifist's who refused to fight for themselves.

"It's just society's electricity, guys. The freedom to think... People's thought are the most elusive and their most valuable. And the soldiers pay the price to protect it."

(I got that part of it off of IMDB. The rest below I THOUGHT..he said but not sure)

"We do what we do, so that people like them, can do what they want".

So fitting...so sad...and SO..SO true.
FraserMage chapter 7 . 12/1/2008
Ok... Black Boxes First: The FedSuns/FedCom THOUGHT all the Machines were accounted for during the 4th SW. Remember Justin was working from In-Character Knowledge... And IIRC Blood Legacy was before the Draconis Combine even admitted they HAD any.

We however have access to out of character knowledge. Later model Black Boxes are pretty damn impressive.

Secondly... The Air Battle: Why the HELL Did the Clan Fighters split up into groups of 5... a pilot should NEVER leave his Wingman... (Clan Fighters are organized as 2 to a point for a reason... to make sure the pilot starts out with a Wingman).

Those 10 Fighters are a Star... Not a Binary like 10 'Mechs would be for Ground Ops.
pacificuser chapter 6 . 11/30/2008
Hey there Ben! Glad to know that the fire still burns! By the way, by any chance, do you know about the Richard Bolitho series of naval books by author Douglas Reeman? Some of the dialogue in this chapter remind me of a sort of Swash-buckling feel to your story? By any chance my sister Rica is Asking if you look like Errol Flynn? Would you make a good Captain Jack Sparow?
Panzerfaust 150 chapter 6 . 11/26/2008
Well,

Good to see folks are thinking..the abatis will slow them up...hell, Furey might have to detach any elementals he was planning on pulling a fast one with to preceede the assault and clear gaps in the obstacles under cover from the 'Mechs (does Zellbrigen cover covering fire? That's how I'd clear this..but then again, I am a would be professional). Also..I'd have Sheila do one last leader's recon...make damn sure there isn't any terrain features or hidden passes they didn't know about. Wouldn't want to find out they missed something.

As for Levine...she's going to find out..like most folks who run from trouble rather than face it..it will find you sooner or later, and usually at the worst possible time.
FraserMage chapter 6 . 11/25/2008
Not BAD plan...

And NEVER discount infantry in Battletech... The amount of firepower Infantry can haul around is ludicrous in some examples. (Field gunners for example).

But... You got the Info on Black Boxes incorrect in one area: House Kurita captured a Black Box during the 4th Succession War... and used the captured model to intercept secure FedCom transmissions during the War of 39.

Also... the later models of Black Box are not too bad. The current one in 3052 (The K-4 Model) has a range of 600 Light Years, A Speed of 100 Light Years a Day (So it takes 6 Days to reach out that far) and a transmission capacity of multiple megabytes. (The One during the 4th SW for comarrison can send around 200 Kilobytes, Has a speed of 25 LYs and a range of 200 Light Years).
RougeBaron chapter 5 . 11/25/2008
He he he...

Poor Sheila, she has to deal with somebody like Noribetsu while fighting the Smoke Jaguar. The last thing she needs is internal conflicts. Kuritans are great soldiers, but their ultra fanaticism can be annoying sometimes. If not because of the cadre, maybe it's better for Sheila to let Noribetsu commit suicide. But that's just wishful thinking.
89 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »