Reviews for Heroes of Evangelion: An Iron Will
fallacies chapter 4 . 3/11/2010
It's over a year since the last update, so hoping it's not too late to ask - do you think you'll be updating anytime soon? I find it a very interesting fic with a fully fleshed-out world, and it would be a shame to see it go unfinished ...
Rose1948 chapter 4 . 11/16/2008
Wow... Awesomesauce with cinnamon hots!
ArmorBlade chapter 4 . 11/11/2008
No - you are doing excellent. With what is slow is well made up in chapter lengths and written quality. I am a critic of crossovers, nice explorations but rarely does anyone do it well tying together both canons and I've got to say that you are doing it right!

I was scared for a moment that you were going to let Hikari go, like the man that helped Stark - yet you added a little twist of Shinji reliving his last moments with Misato instead, giving it a feeling far beyond expectations.
HaloEvangelion03 chapter 4 . 11/1/2008
i agree that you might have taken your sweet time getting to the action, but a good plot is always essential to even a half-deceint fic, and you have a pretty good plot. You also have some of the best grammar i've seen on this god-forsaken site, a little hint to aspireing authors, GRAMMAR, that is all.
Ant Crown chapter 4 . 11/1/2008
Yeah.

Espicially how it is now days.

Pale Shadow of what could've been a great man.

Makes me appreciate 90s Iron Man Season 2.
animefan29 chapter 4 . 10/30/2008
About time you got to the real Iron Man stuff.
Kagerou-sama chapter 1 . 10/29/2008
I don't really like how you're portraying Asuka. It's borderline Asuka-bashing using other characters. However, it's not that bad, and the reasons you've expressed reveal that the Shinji and Asuka must have had a bad falling out at one point after Third Impact and maintain a distant friendship. Although this makes sense, I also would like to note that it's revealed in EoE that Asuka is the person Shinji wanted to be with at the End of the World, so in that sense it's kind of startling.

That said, I do hope that they do have some sort of reconciliation and become good friends, especially considering the way events have played out thus far. For Asuka to go out on a limb and try and help Shinji despite how Mana was treating her tells me that perhaps she wants things to change between them (and I detected a hint of jealously when Mana revealed the relationship between her and Shinji), and Shinji likewise seems to dislike the relationship they have.

I would like to see their relationship work out; it's always to have friends, isn't it? I think so.

That said, you have amazing writing skills I believe. You describe the world very faithfully, pulling out concepts from rea life to the story and, dare I say, adding elements from various other sources of media. I beleive that I detect a hint of Metal Gear Solid 4 in your writing, but that's just me being an Old Snake :p .

I do hope that I see an end to this story. My only opinion that's negative really is your treatment of Asuka. You're not going on my watch list just yet, not until I see how this story is going.

Regards

Kagerou-sama
ArmorBlade chapter 3 . 10/28/2008
Getting pretty messy - which is perfect at this stage of the fic. Also actually glad Asuka wasn't in on it, that would have been just plain bad for whatever outcome, if not a bit extreme.
HaloEvangelion03 chapter 3 . 10/28/2008
another good chapter, keep it up.

PS- certainly can't complain about chapter length, eh?
animefan29 chapter 3 . 10/28/2008
So next chapter we see Iron Shinji?
Belthasar chapter 3 . 10/28/2008
I'm still enjoying the story, though all of this political nonsense is giving me a headache.
Rose1948 chapter 2 . 10/16/2008
Wow. Awesomeness!
animefan29 chapter 2 . 10/16/2008
Reminds me even more of the Iron Man movie. Although I will admit to being greatly shocked at the position Hikari has taken in your story.

I must wonder though, since you have made it clear that Shinji isen't the genius Tony Stark is, how will he create the Iron Man suite?
MisterSP chapter 2 . 10/16/2008
Hikari Yinseng? Excuse me if the vague foreshadowing of the possibility of her death displeases me in obvious ways, but I always liked her as a character. That she has at least one living sister (Two? Where's Nozomi?) does seem that she's not so likely to get herself killed, but her somewhat unpleasant past with Shinji makes it seem a little more likely. On a less pro-Hikari note, while this is a Eva/IronMan splice, stealing the scene straight from the movie would be inadvisable.

It's shaping up nicely, if a little slowly compared to it's word count. The whole huge wall of text tech jargon thing, though? Straight over my head. Various motions of the Trident, such as the head opening, and the EVA lift sequence, seemed a little hard to visualize properly.
animefan29 chapter 1 . 10/13/2008
When I saw Heroes of Evangelion, for a moment I thought that this might be some new attempt at a branch group of stories inspired by the SOE stories. Looks like I am sort of right and wrong.

While it is clear that you are basing thes off the recent Iron Man movie, it is also clear that this will not be following the same path as SOE. Generally I don't care for post-Third Impact stories but I will give this one a shot.