Reviews for A Day Without Rain
Morning-Sunset chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
oh goody!

i'll tune into that next instalment of these one-shots :D

I'm seriosouly beginning to love Leah as a character; she's a great girl with a cruel fate. she just can't catch a break

and please don't let her go easy on Emily and Sam; which reminds me; Leah should get ot have someone too.

How can someone go through what she's been through and not find someone at the end? That's just not justice!

xoxoxoxo
Infinite101 chapter 1 . 12/28/2008
another great fic in Leah's POV,

i'm glad her and Nessie bonded, you did it in a way that kept her so in character,

can't wait day 3 ]
GaaraIsLoved chapter 1 . 12/14/2008
Still planning to write that next chapter? I'd love to read it, sounds interesting. Keep up the good work.

JoAnne
wild spanish eyes chapter 1 . 12/14/2008
I love this story. I wasn't even planning on doing any reading tonight, and your story completely drew me in and almost physically forced me to keep reading.

I love the random names you come up with for Renesmee. They're wonderful, and they put Leah so well into character. I actually forgot that I was reading fan fiction! It's also very hard to make the diologue of a child seem believable and you do it wonderfully. I'm glad that it says in your profile that you have plenty of you own stories because it looks llike you really could have a future. Just tell us where to find it later!
Reiven chapter 1 . 12/9/2008
I fell like I've been gushing over these awesome Leah-centric fics all day (when it's just been three), because they've all been so lovely and touching; but I have to say that this one absolutely takes the pie for cutest, sweetest and all round most in-character story. It's like it was ripped right out of SM's brain, but then again, even better, because knowing her, there would be some Bella-worshipping somewhere in there if she wrote it.

I've suspected, because I know myself obviously, that my like for Leah stems a lot from her dislike for Bella. I don't hate Bella or anything, she just annoys me-but not so much that it's intolerable. But Leah, I love Leah because she's possibly the only person not kissing the ground Bella walks on and this story captures she wit, snark and creativity perfectly.

And Renesmee; she was like a mini-Bella in my mind, but your story made her adorable in my mind in a way that even SM wasn't able to. I loved her crocodile tears playing with Jake and even Leah's empathy and I loved her little scene with the spider. I can't explain just why I like it. It's just the imagery and how the act made her seem just so much like a normal, human child without losing aspects of canon...you know? I can't explain it.

And Auntie Leah. Gaah, I don't think I'll be able to ever express just how adorable I find this whole fic! Ren (much cuter nickname then Nessie) should hang out with Auntie Leah more often. It would be a breath of fresh air for her I'm sure, not being sheltered, being treated like a normal person.

I channel Alice now, when I say that if this continues, undoubtly Auntie Leah would become Renesmee's most favourite Auntie. The one who comes over with half-charred apple pie, but it doesn't matter, because she's too busy listening to Auntie Leah tell the Brother's Grimm version of the fairy tales; where the evil-step mom stabs a comb into Snow White's head and Cinderella's step sisters cut off their heels to fit into the show. Edward would cringe and Bella would be worried, but then Renesmee would cry and tell them not to chase awesome Auntie Leah away.

Yeah, this story makes me think of all of that.
sailor alpha tomboy chapter 1 . 11/8/2008
update please
Janeece chapter 1 . 10/28/2008
I am so looking forward to that confrontation! I really enjoy how you have pegged Leah! I really hope you continue on with this story!
enigmaofherself chapter 1 . 10/28/2008
I absolutely love it! I canNOT believe I haven't read this before! (What's wrong with me?) Seriously, woman, you are superior in every way to every writer on FFN. I can see everything playing out before me and... ugh! It's so amazing!

Can't wait for the next installment!

~ Dresden Lace
lacrema chapter 1 . 10/27/2008
Wow, you really have a gift. It is great to read fanfics that are not only grammatically correct, but also have compelling plotlines. Add to that a real way with words and an instinct for characterization, and it is heaven- just like this story.
sammiepie chapter 1 . 10/22/2008
omg wow that was amazing! one of mi fav fanfics
scrawling purple ink chapter 1 . 10/18/2008
This story has one of the best characterizations of...everyone, pretty much, that I've seen in a while. Your Leah was spot on. I love you.
Niqi chapter 1 . 10/16/2008
This is just brilliant. I love it.
Addicted2Emmett chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
Oh my gosh i can't even tell you how much i loved this! I don't know where you get your amazing analogies or brilliant inspiration, but if your creative lightning ever feels the urge to strike on me... I am not a big Renesmee fan, but i love Leah, and seriously think she deserves a break. I feel so bed for her and her shattered heart; i seriously wanted her to end up with Jake. However, i will be eternally grateful to "Dracu-tot" for helping Leah realize that it's over. That whole sequence where Leah realizes that, and the way you describe it, is totally AMAZING! i love how you can see that under Leah's pissed off attitudu, you can tell she's really hurting. Who would have thought that the vampire hybrid would be the one to help "Auntie Leah" work through that? I Love her nicknames for Edward and Renesmee - they are hilarious! INCREDIBLE! love,

Addicted2Emmett
persephonesfolly chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
"Looks I'm stuck with one seriously ugly bridesmaid’s dress for no good reason."

That was heartbreaking, the way Leah tries to make light of her pain, and the frustration that ensues when her mother sees through it and doesn't play along with Leah's defense mechanism.

The most entertaining part of your story was the bit about the "half vamp kid with the unpronounceable name". It was such a telling criticism of Bella's choice in names. I found Leah's creations (Dracu-tot, Franged Freakling, Mutant Munchin and, my personal favorite because it rhymes, the Hybrid Kid)to be highly amusing.

Looking forward to the Sam/Emily/Leah confrontation. Since Leah was denied a physical confrontation with Edward, I'm longing for a much deserved verbal one with Emily.
sophia666 chapter 1 . 10/12/2008
Great story. I love the way you write leah, and nessie, and how Leah disillusions her some and their odd friendship. and an Emily/Sam/Leah confrontation sounds like fun. Please update soon. great writing.
34 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »