Reviews for The Art of Balance
hikinggirl70 chapter 20 . 6/2/2010
I really enjoyed this fic and the dynamics of Sam and Dean. Adding John into it was great. Also the custody thing was cool and I liked how Dean was Sam's parent even before it was legal. I am so glad everything worked out in the end.

Too bad we can't have a Dean in our lives!
cleared account 02 chapter 20 . 4/15/2010
Aww... I want a Dean! But - then again - I already have an awesome brother... so I'll just have to be content with favoriting this marvelous fic!
TJ chapter 20 . 2/26/2010
Hey there. I've read this story about 5 times now and still love it, the chemistry between the bothers was excellent. Will there ever be a follow up in the same timeline? Fingers crossed!
AbandoningAccount Read Profile chapter 20 . 1/10/2010
Loved this story so much!
Broken Sexed Up Bloody Kitten chapter 20 . 12/21/2009
Frigging awesome! xD
Harbour Master chapter 8 . 11/15/2009
WHA? Dean in control of the Winchester Clan? A sexy and surprising (but also very imaginable) idea! Loved.
ItsaMiracle chapter 16 . 10/17/2009
haha

I'm so excited!
ItsaMiracle chapter 9 . 10/17/2009
Everyone wants a piece of the Winchester brothers...I feel sorry for them. Truly. Should have cut their losses when the had the chance.

enjoying reading this!
SeeKayWrite chapter 20 . 10/11/2009
I really love how you did Dean having custody of Sam, this whole story was a great at showing how they got by while John was away
Marlowe97 chapter 18 . 10/2/2009
This is amazing! I started with this, not really knowing where it would head - it was a little long for just "oh, the CPS comes visiting - crap, we need to move, fight, fight, yelling - comfort" like it usually is.

But this - I don't know, somewhere in between it changed.

The idea with the paper was cool, it could have ended in any way like a lot of those do - Sam realizing his awesome brother, blahblahblah... but no, you made it work. And I'm sorry, but I can't tell you why exactly.

I LOVE the way you painted the family-dynamics, with everything as we know it - Dean doing everything for his family, Sam being smart, John being absent - but that everyone has to be careful around Dean when he is cranky, cause they don't want to face his temper - that is such a brilliant idea! It's such a little thing, really, but it gives a great dynamic to the piece. I like your John - for exactly the reasons Sam is so surprised: he sees Deans pain and misery, knows it even through a phone - and still miss his 21st birthday, doesn't know where he works and stuff like that.

I also like the principal and his pal. Amazing how they turned out to be more than just the usual over concerned (though I think there should be NO over concern for possible abuse) social-workers with no clue.

Nope, you made them likeable, even though you took your time and I had to go through a little annoyance about them first ;-)

I had a lot of fun with the brother-banter in the office: "Sam, do we eat?" "Every Thursday" - LOL

The jocks were pretty funny, such idjits.

Aw, Dean reading that paper over and over - sweet! But Sammy - seriously? I don't really know, maybe your family handled things differently, but in MY family, we call the one who has a birthday - and don't wait for him/her to call US. But for such a bright kid, he could be a little slow, once in a while...

All in all, this was a pleasure to read! I'll put it on my favorite-list right away - I don't want it to slip away...

And wow, the idea with the legal guardian - just cool. Really interesting concept, should have been done in 'real'(aka:TV) life too, cause that would have taken a lot of problems out of the way. Maybe you should suggest that to the writers *winknudge*
Keerawa chapter 20 . 9/6/2009
That was a MARVELOUS story. You balanced the suspense well across the chapters. Dean really was one hell of a parent, wasn't he?
mouse8 chapter 20 . 8/11/2009
I want a Dean too! This was a fantastic story. I absolutely loved Dean holding the family together, injured, but still so responsible - Sam's parent in every way. Perfect - definitely one for the best read ever bookmark!
Saffygirl chapter 20 . 8/9/2009
Awesome story!

It is one of the best pre-series (canon) Supernatural fics I've read!
Pandora de Romanus chapter 20 . 8/6/2009
The best story a read on Supernatural so far. Loved Dean, John and Sammy! Grant is an awsome character! The idea is totally unique and your take on it... Just too good. Congrats for the fantastic work.
Peachus chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
Hi, just letting you know: ou-peachus.

peachus