Reviews for Obliviate
Newtinmpls chapter 9 . 4/18
WTF? This is not an ending! More - even if it's not conversation !
please continue this story
mehitabelrose chapter 9 . 11/12/2013
aw i wish this was continued...
hermionefan1983 chapter 9 . 10/24/2013
"There is a girl, taken prisoner during the magical examinations and being held with the other children yet to be placed. She is my daughter. I need your help in getting her out of there without revealing her identity to anyone."

if there are other children there then how will she know which one to save? wil severus give her a photo of catherine?
hermionefan1983 chapter 8 . 10/24/2013
They apparated to Belgium and knocked on the heavy wooden door of the library. As they waited for the Bulgarian seeker to answer, she noticed Severus' hands clenched tightly into fists at his side. She tightened her scarf around her neck and stared resolutely straight ahead at the splintered wood of the door.
Finally the door was flung open.
"Hemione!" Viktor moved forward as if to embrace her, but she stiffened, unsure of what their relationship had been. He seemed to understand and backed off.
"Hello Viktor," she said quietly.

you do know that Belgium ISNT in BULGARIA as they said they were going to!

She looked up to see Severus opening the door.
"Where are you going?"
"Bulgaria."
It was obvious that what he had seen had bothered him deeply.
"I need to know what happened there."
She lowered her eyes, wishing she could reassure him that nothing had happened, but not being sure for herself that that would be the truth.
"I'm coming with you," she told him, standing from the table.
"But we can't just show up there in the middle of the night. Let's wait until morning at least."
He didn't sleep. Every time he closed his eyes, he was assaulted by an image of the young Bulgarian man thrusting his cock in his pregnant wife. It made him sick.
hermionefan1983 chapter 7 . 10/24/2013
oh pleasee is this the betrayeal the headmaster was talking about? as if that would give him the right to remove hermione and severus memories of each others and of the child! how DARE the headmaster do that to them and how dare others help him in doing so! even if they asked him to do so! She slams open the door of her bedroom with a violence that shakes the frame. He sits in a chair by the window.

"I'm pregnant," she announces accusingly.

"Is that so?"
"You could at least pretend to be surprised, you bastard." Her voice is dripping with anger and he does not reply.

"You brewed my contraceptive potion wrong on purpose."
He casually examines his fingernails.
"I may have made one or two small errors. Even the best potions master makes mistakes occasionally."
Tears are shining in her eyes.

"You betrayed me, Severus. I gave up everything to fight in this war and you have removed me from it. I gave up my childhood for it. My parents have no memory of my existence because of my involvement and you have made it all for nothing."
He stares down, not able look at her during her rage.
Her voice falls to a desperate whisper. "I thought we were in this together. I thought we were partners. I thought you respected me."
"I do."
"You wouldn't have done this to me against my will if you did. You would not have taken the control of my life away from me."
"This is your decision, Hermione. There are options…"
"You wouldn't have tried this if you didn't know me well enough to know I wouldn't take any of those options. I'm having this child, Severus. A child that is being brought into the world for your own selfish purposes, but still a child."
She takes off her ring and sets it down on her dresser.
"How could you do this, Severus?"
x
In what must be a memory from later that same day, they sit in the Headmaster's office once again. Hermione looks at Dumbledore. Severus sits with his head down, not willing to look either of them in the eye.
The headmaster speaks in a quiet voice.

"I take it that I do not have to tell you how disappointed I am in you."
"You do not."
"And what will happen now? Hermione obviously cannot stay at Grimmauld Place. Please fill us in on the details of your brilliant plan. Are you planning to leave the Order to go raise your child with her?"

"I have no interest in being a father."
"So you leave me with a child to raise on my own?"
"You can always give it away," he says coldly.
She bites her lip to stop the tear that threatens to fall and turns her attention back to the Headmaster.

"Is there somewhere I can go while I'm pregnant that I won't just be sitting around uselessly…is there something that I can do that will be of service to the Order?"
Dumbledore considers her for a moment.

"There is a library we have in Belgium that would be a secure and secret location for you to give birth. Mr. Krum is currently conducting research there. You could assist him with his work."
"No," Severus' sharp tone cuts through the conversation.
Hermione ignores him.
"That sounds like a splendid idea."
"Absolutely not," he tries again.
She licks her lips as she turns her head to look at him with a seductive vindictiveness.
"Viktor and I are old friends."
x

He stands helplessly as she throws things into her old Hogwarts trunk.
"Hermione, you cannot do this."
"You gave up any right to tell me what I can and cannot do when you made my decisions for me, when you decided to bring a child into this world not out of love but for your own selfish purposes."
"You are pregnant with my child, you can not live with Viktor Krum."
"I can and I will." Her intention is clear. He has broken her heart and now she will break his.
She shrinks the the trunk and shoves in in her pocket. Before she exits the door, she turns to look at him for one last time.

"It's over, Severus. I will not forgive you for this. If I do come back to fight after the child is born, it will not be not as your wife."
She leaves him alone in the room and he sinks into a chair, realizing what his desperate move has cost him.

x
A staff meeting ends and the faculty begin filing out of the Headmaster's office when Dumbledore calls out, "Severus, stay for a moment."

Professor Vector closes the door behind her as he reluctantly approaches the Headmaster's desk.

"What was it you wanted?"

"Hermione has given birth."
"Oh," his face remains passive.

"They will stay in hiding."
"Why are you telling me this?"

"You are facing the Dark Lord every day. The stakes are higher now that there is a child. The only way to keep your wife and child safe is to know nothing of your connection to them."
Severus sinks down into the leather armchair.

"You want to erase my memories."
"Yes."
He stares at the Headmaster in silence for a few long moments.

"She will still know?"
"Yes. Hermione will stay in hiding with the child."
Severus closes his eyes as the Headmaster continues to speak.

"Your memories of her only put them in danger and cause you pain."
He opens his eyes and stands, naming his conditions.
"I want to see my child first."
hermionefan1983 chapter 7 . 10/24/2013
She doesn't speak until he has removed his death eater robes and seated himself in the chair on the other side of the small table. When she does, her voice is soft but demanding.

"Marry me."
"No," he replies without hesitation.

"In this world where everything is changing too quickly, I want one thing I can be sure of."
"Nothing stays constant, Hermione."
"This will," she says with conviction, as if she can force it to, as if she can bend the entire world with her determination.
He cannot refuse her.

"If you need this, then I will."
She seems satisfied by this answer.

well that wasnt very rromantic with them vbeing in love and all!
hermionefan1983 chapter 6 . 10/24/2013
that still gave NOONE the right to erase his memories of anyone or and anything! "Did you really think, Severus, that you could make her happy? You know yourself better than anyone. Did you really think that you could have a loving, trusting relationship without doing something to drive her away?"
"You're lying. I would never want to..."
"Never want to what? Forget a wife who hated you, a child whose life you could be no part of?"
Severus looked away as the old man continued to speak.
"You know what you've been through, how dysfunctional your own parents were, how miserable you were at Hogwarts. Did you think that you could miraculously come through all that unscathed? Did you think you would be capable of being the trusting husband she needs? Did you think you would be a good father?"
hermionefan1983 chapter 3 . 10/24/2013
whos is the child and how did it come about? is there a cure to this curse that severus could kind? poor hermione! "When Bellatrix tortured me….she cast a curse specifically….specifically to make me unable to bear children…..said she didn't want any more mudbloods running around, said she didn't want me dirtying up the bloodlines…." She trailed off.
So that was what these past months had been about.
"I had always accepted the possibility that I might die in all this. But I thought, I thought if I just survived that I could have a future…but after she cursed me…"
RhodaBush chapter 9 . 5/23/2013
Please continue this story!
CaladielTelperion chapter 9 . 2/12/2013
you HAVE to continue this story! P.L.E.A.S.E! It is SO amazing, I loved it!
IHeartBranson chapter 9 . 11/19/2012
this is brilliant. Simply wonderful. I love the way neither of them is perfect or terrible, it's so realistic! I especially love snape being a bastard and then feeling bad, it's just such a good... idea/concept/plot-thing... Brilliant story thanks for sharing
avec-dignite chapter 9 . 10/19/2012
Great story. I really enjoyed it. The mystery and suspense is quite intriging and makes you want to read more and more. I'm a little sad you didn't finish this story, but here's hoping you might one day. :)
Snape's character is great and very believable. What he did (his reasons for keeping Hermione safe) was certainly not very nice for a young woman, especially when she said she didn't want children during the times of war and when one has to look at how she considered them to be equals in this relationship. I can see the issue of trust broken, bur during any romantic (aka sexual) involvement the possibility for this certain scenario are quite high, even with messures of protection. The contraception potion might be 100% accurate (magic duh), but still. Hermione's reaction was very harsh and bitter. I made me crinch a little. Though due to her age and hormons and notwithstanding the oath to the Order, I can still see her point. Everybody makes mistakes, perhaps even more so at this young age.
But if she claimed to truly love him, her actions were very vengeful and hate filled. I can comprehend her feelings on some level, don't get me wrong. But it still seems selfish and heartless, only viewing the situation from her point of view. Hermione's characterisation is therfore quite human and makes this story such a good read.
Back to the issue of Snape's devotion and loyalty to love, his mistakes are rather obvious: utter devotion, some people might even call it obsession. It can be good and bad at the same time. On the one hand, he would do anything and sacrifice all he has. That he told Hermione of his past with Lily should actually be a point for her to remember and always consider when making decision, which she obviously hadn't done in that moment of raging betrayal. Not even a mention. In my opinion this portrays Hermiones flaws in the story. Her cruel streak of revenge. Sleeping with another man while in a relationship is always nasty business. Sleeping with another man while married is even crueler. The vows of faithfulness are not really adressed by her at all. And while still pregnant with Severus' child, seeking revenge, that's just considered evil in my book. True, those emotions are human and like I said really help the story in its intensity. Lukily it was only a close call... one could probably the hormones during her pregancy and the feelings of betrayal. But still. Nasty, grey shadowed area. And it really made me want to punch her.
Her relationship with Ron though; I can't blame her for that. Even though I still feel sorry for Snape.
In the end, their daughter will probably become the anchor in the newly building relationship. Though I would even understand if they don't end up together again. The proclaimed love had been tested and couldn't really withstand. (Her blind fury, his betrayal of equal rights in a partnership. The moral issues of pregnancy and abortion are better left behind for now, since your Hermione doesn't even consider the topic but I digress...)
Hermione will obviously love her child and protect her wholeheartedly. Catherine will become her lost (after Bella) dream. As for Severus, he will most likely project all his devotion and loyalty onto the child as well. But I can't see them coming together again. At least that's my opinion, he's too damaged and insecure. And she's too young and vengeful.
Their love might have worked in a world where Voldi was already defeated but after that shattering display of 'bad times' in their relationship it just won't work. Catherine would probably grow up with her parents living seperately.
Although that's just my analysis so far. Since I don't know how this ends, I might never know. But I still want to thank you for this great story, it made me think and probably overanalyse everything. (Long review is long xD)
kucingmanyun chapter 9 . 10/12/2012
Please continue this. This keeps me up all giddy and excited like a silly schooler
kucingmanyun chapter 5 . 10/11/2012
This is sooo addicting! I totally gonna finish this and I'm pretty sure this will turn great!