Reviews for New Beginning: The Same Refrain
WannabeWolfe chapter 33 . 4/20/2011
This was a lovely story. The relationship between Hannah and Severus felt natural and I was pleased with the happy ending. :)
WhiteFang001 chapter 33 . 4/18/2011
I liked it - a fitting fanfiction

Well thought out and constructed from beginning to end.

A sad tale - but also one of hope

Loved it :)
liz1015 chapter 33 . 10/31/2009
afreakinmazing is all i really have to say and oh ya SEQUAL
wynnleaf chapter 32 . 8/3/2009
Good story with a nice ending for Snape. Thanks for sharing it!
wynnleaf chapter 16 . 8/3/2009
Interesting to see the Snape and Moody interaction. I wonder how you will have that progress over time.

Good chapter.
wynnleaf chapter 14 . 8/3/2009
Good description of Snape's first teaching experiences. Personally, I always feel having Snape take huge, excessive points detracts from the believability, since he doesn't do anything nearly so drastic in the books (usually a couple to 10 points, sometimes more for multiple offenses). Still, this is his first time teaching, so perhaps he moderated it later.
wynnleaf chapter 12 . 8/3/2009
I like your OCs. This is an interesting take on a younger Snape after Voldemort's first downfall. After DH, I found the dynamic between Dumbledore and Snape hard to imagine. I'm not of the evil-Dumbledore persuasion, nor the totally-cold-hearted, power-seeking Dumbledore view either. He's Machiavellian and wants his version of power, and certainly can be cold at times, but there's more to him than that. I'm interested to see what you do with Dumbledore's character in this story.
wynnleaf chapter 5 . 8/2/2009
Good for Hannah.
wynnleaf chapter 4 . 8/2/2009
Interesting story. I don't understand Dumbledore's comments that imply that if Snape had asked for Voldemort to spare Harry, Voldemort might have done it. Of *course* he would never have intended to spare the Potter's son, as that was the whole point - kill the kid in the prophecy. I'm not sure what you're having Dumbledore do here. His comments sound irrational to me, but perhaps you're having him throw out an inflammatory comment in order to see what Snape does with it.

Also, while it's okay for an AU story, I can't see Dumbledore, whatever his faults, hiring someone to teach school that he believes to have directly murdered people. And further, since Dumbledore gave evidence to the Wizengamot and they must have approved the idea of an ex-Death Eater teaching, they couldn't have thought Snape was a murderer either, or why no prison?
teresainseattle chapter 33 . 6/30/2009
I finally finished and I LOVED it. I'm glad you gave Severus a happy ending.
teresainseattle chapter 9 . 6/25/2009
I love all the different characters you have included so far in the story and love your attention to detail. You are very good at keeping to the original intent of the characters yet put them in your original story ideas.
teresainseattle chapter 5 . 6/25/2009
Go Hannah! So far Dumbledore has seemed a little cold in this story but I loved Hannah giving him a piece of her mind. Poor Severus - what is going on in his head/soul. I'm hoping for redemption in the end.
teresainseattle chapter 4 . 6/25/2009
OMG - What a great chapter. I can't wait to see where this is going.
nixglen chapter 33 . 11/25/2008
This was brilliant. I'm going to have to read everything that you have written.
Miss3y chapter 33 . 11/16/2008
Oh that was just lovely!

I really enjoyed the story, and I loved the way you woe the into the plot.

My only criticisms would be your use of "then" instead of "than", "thru" instead of "through", and your passage of time was a little confusing. You don't even leave a space most times when you just ahead, and sometimes that can be by several years. It made me reread several times.

But on the whole, it was absolutely amazing! Seriously, get a beta reader to look it over before you post, and you'll have the best stories on here!
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »