Reviews for Urban Nightmare
Lux Hart chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
As strange and twisted as this is, I really do believe it was an interesting take on just what could have been quite a creepy, realistic response if the characters returned home. Such a long time in a fantasy world and then thrust into the "real world" once more? It's not as though someone can adapt to that again.

A weird fic, very weird, but there's something about it that struck me with awe.
Pbell chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
Great story! Ignore the other reviewer, keep writing please!

What I find especially fascinating is that this is exactly what the parents groups were afraid of back in the 80s, that kids would confuse reality with fantasy and someone would end up hurt. Very creative.
Rana Kane chapter 1 . 10/16/2008
Disturbing and confusing. . . . The first two reviewers are on the right track, but only skimmed the surface. You've hit a new low with this one. I understand you're trying to come across as clever and creative, but I can think of another "c" word for this particular work.

When you began posting D&D fics years ago, the stories were good, they were from the heart. You had vision, you had potential, and you had real stories to share. What happened to that writer of, what, four years ago?

My honest and well-meaning advice to you is to take a vacation from writing for a while (at least D&D fics). I know it's in you to write something worthy again. This one, however, never should have left your journal. It was excusable there, being a personal site.

If I dream of George Carlin (if you know who that is) conjugating the f-word, I blaming you. All the profanity was beneath you, rated M or not. You're better than this.

(A stuttering Presto?)
Bluetiger chapter 1 . 10/13/2008
That was kinda disturbing, mixing a grim reality into a familiar storyline. I quite liked it. :O

The way that you wrote this oneshot, using different styles of text to parallel the three seperate (but connected) naratives , past, present and fantasy, took a little getting used to, but was actually quite a clever way of doing it. :)

I guess I can see why the kids needed to invent the game, living as they do, in a harsh reality, far removed from their fantasy world. I loved the idea of Damien the wino and his riddles. While the fire hydrant, and the part it played in the adventure, gave a real insight into the creative way that a child's imagination can view the world. )

I feel particularly sorry for Vince and Eric, I just hope that Hank and the others don't get a share of the blame. :(
D.B. Cooper chapter 1 . 10/12/2008
I'm not sure if I really get this one . . . I mean I know it was based on Requiem. But who was the narrator? Moreover, it had everything all changed around. Well written and all, but ultimately a confusing story.